CAWLiDGE WOMEN'S HOCKEY PLAYOFF PICKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAWLiDGE WOMEN'S HOCKEY PLAYOFF PICKS

IT'S TIME.......Pick your playoff winner of the WCHA, ECAC, HOCKEY EAST & CHA Tournament? Also bonus pick of one dark horse team that could surprise everyone? Let's go!

Re: CAWLiDGE WOMEN'S HOCKEY PLAYOFF PICKS

WCHA: OSU
    ECAC : Cornell
    HE : BU
    CHA : RMU

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
      WCHA: OSU
      ECAC : Cornell
      HE : BU
      CHA : RMU
      I like the originality of the picks! Big upset predicted in the WCHA. Or maybe not?

Comment

OSU have played Wisconsin and UM tough so would not necessarily be a shocker. UMD have had the edge on OSU so you never know.

Comment

I feel pretty good about Cornell and Northeastern winning their conferences without too much trouble.

No clue on WCHA. Honestly, no idea whatsoever. It wouldn't even kind of surprise me to see any of the big 4 win. Gun to my head says Wisconsin figures it out which I know isn't very imaginative but the cream rises to the top this time of year.

CHA, flip a coin. My coin came up Gebhard so I'll go with RMU.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Gun to my head says Wisconsin figures it out which I know isn't very imaginative but the cream rises to the top this time of year.
            I agree, but UW hasn't looked much like cream in recent weeks. Maybe there isn't anything wrong with them that a bye week won't fix (the Badgers swept UM coming out of their previous bye), but the numbers suggest this isn't a typical Wisconsin team defensively. They might be a #2 seed win or lose, so they have far less riding on the WCHA tourney than some of their likely opponents.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              I feel pretty good about Cornell and Northeastern winning their conferences without too much trouble.

No clue on WCHA. Honestly, no idea whatsoever. It wouldn't even kind of surprise me to see any of the big 4 win. Gun to my head says Wisconsin figures it out which I know isn't very imaginative but the cream rises to the top this time of year.

CHA, flip a coin. My coin came up Gebhard so I'll go with RMU.

Solid predictions. How many of your top 4 make it to the final 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeynation View Post
                Solid predictions. How many of your top 4 make it to the final 4?
                Cornell will make it. NU has yet to prove they can get over the hump and get there but I think they will finally do it this year, they have such a complete roster.

I think one of Minnesota or Wisconsin can be upset in the quarterfinals. Princeton and Ohio State, if they get the right matchups, seem good enough to pull an upset on the top 4. It totally depends on how the bracket sets up.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                X