X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 2020 Pairwise Predictor

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    Mostly, it looks good.

I was thinking more of a 'one time' thing, at the time you click the button; while you appear to have it as an on-going sort-of 'adjust on the fly' with each input change thing. Not that one is better than the other; I just hadn't thought of it being 'on-going'. Wait to see what others think before doing anything on that.
    The way it works is that once a field is locked in (either by me filling it in with a real result, or by you as the user inputting a result), once you select "Autofill" it'll complete the rest. Or, you can do it from the beginning, and it'll fill everything.

Basically, the Y/N will fill any field that wasn't touched with the higher seed in the matchup, and you can select "Y" at any point.

I hope you didn't have anything else going on today! Like watching other games, etc. Really, I don't think I would have dared trying such a change right in the middle of the 'season' when people are using it so much.
    I'm watching the BC/BU men's game so this is a nice way to mitigate the HIGH STRESS haha... if things go haywire with this I have the regular file backed up that I can push out with one click, so no worries! Just definitely let me know if you spot a major bug.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-29-2020, 08:24 PM.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      The way it works is that once a field is locked in (either by me filling it in with a real result, or by you as the user inputting a result), once you select "prefill" it'll complete the rest. Or, you can do it from the beginning, and it'll fill everything.

Basically, the Y/N will fill any field that wasn't touched with the higher seed in the matchup.

I'm watching the BC/BU men's game so this is a nice way to mitigate the HIGH STRESS haha... if things go haywire with this I have the regular file backed up that I can push out with one click, so no worries! Just definitely let me know if you spot a major bug.
      I'm listening to the Bemidji radio stream as a distraction from the Wisconsin men getting beat by Ohio State. Duluth and Bemidji are about to finish their 3rd full OT - 120 minutes and counting. 1-1

Comment

As if the race for the #7 spot wasn't already dramatic enough, current RPI teams #7, #8, and #9 all played overtime tonight.

#7 Clarkson won (geez, how often do they play OT post-season games, and when is the last time they lost one??)
        #8 BU lost,
        and #9 Duluth won.
        Robbie

2016? NCAA SF to BC. IIRC Carpenter tied it late and Skrupa won it early in the OT.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          2016? NCAA SF to BC. IIRC Carpenter tied it late and Skrupa won it early in the OT.
          Can confirm this happened (though it was Johnson who tied it)
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Can confirm this happened (though it was Johnson who tied it)
            I was there best game I ever went to

Comment

Originally posted by MrOpinion
              You'd think it would have been enough to propel them to WIN the National Championship !!

Nah
              The team that BC lost to also tied it in the 3rd period and won in OT, so any momentum factor canceled out (assuming momentum carries through two days later against a different opponent.)
              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Yeah, very early... but an interesting score so far in HE. Maine leading Northeastern, 1-0.

A win in HE by anybody other than Northeastern is an 'upset' result that knocks Clarkson out of the tournament, and scrambles the potential match-ups a bit.

Comment

A win in HE by anybody other than Northeastern is an 'upset' result that knocks Clarkson out of the tournament, and scrambles the potential match-ups a bit.
                  It knocks out another at-large team, that may or may not be Clarkson. The Golden Knights can either a) win the ECAC; or b) pass Princeton in the rankings. Of course, UMD and/or Harvard can further scramble things.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Maine can easily disrupt the NU attack, and with some decent tending, the Huskies will have to show their team play! See if Maine continues to play smart, and NOT pull stupid penalties like the one ending the second period!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      It knocks out another at-large team, that may or may not be Clarkson. The Golden Knights can either a) win the ECAC; or b) pass Princeton in the rankings. Of course, UMD and/or Harvard can further scramble things.
                      We lost to PU 5-1. If Northeastern doesn't win HEA, we're toast.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        We lost to PU 5-1. If Northeastern doesn't win HEA, we're toast.
                        Yep. We most sointanly are. Go Huskies.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          Yep. We most sointanly are. Go Huskies.
                          I think I have this right.

Cornell #1, Wisconsin #2, no matter what happens tomorrow.

Northeastern #3 and Minn #4; small chance the other way around (UConn upset).

Ohio State #5 and Princeton #6, unless it is the other way around (Princeton win).

Mercyhurst #8, unless they're #7.

Clarkson #7, unless Uconn wins; then Mercyhurst #7, UConn #8, and Clarkson out.
                          Last edited by robertearle; 03-07-2020, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I think I have this right.

Cornell #1, Wisconsin #2, no matter what happens tomorrow.

Northeastern #3 and Minn #4; small chance the other way around (UConn upset).

Ohio State #5 and Princeton #6, unless it is the other way around (Princeton win).

Mercyhurst #8, unless they're #7.

Clarkson #7, unless Uconn wins; then Mercyhurst #7, UConn #8, and Clarkson out.
                            So MN got to 4 just like the wwcha fans wanted! Go UConn!
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              So MN got to 4 just like the wwcha fans wanted! Go UConn!
                              No, "Go UConn" means Northeastern drops to #4, and Minn is #3.

(On the other hand, "Go UConn" means Clarkson gets bumped altogether, and Wisconsin plays Mercyhurst. So...)

Comment

So, the quarterfinals will be:

Cornell v either Mercyhurst or UConn
                                Wisconsin v either Clarkson or Mercyhurst
                                Northeastern v Princeton
                                Minnesota v OSU

Comment

Working...
                                X