Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dead Thread - 2020

Y’all missed Bobbi Batista last week
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      Man, he was real good. Seemed so effortless. Just had "it."
      I have never met the man, and just one look from him on the screen, and you were intimidated. "It" is correct. He had "it."
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I assume that wasn't the series with Buster Crabbe.
        You really are getting old! No it was his role in the 1980 movie with Sam Jones (who was in the movie "10" with Bo Derek)
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          I see you are conspicuously absent in the Covfefe 19 thread. I enjoy your humor
          les: I avoid any of the threads that are in the least bit medically oriented. I just cannot avoid thinking and then posting as physician. Much of the posting I see has a basis from information gleaned from either media or the web. That makes everyone an instant expert and there is little need for good basic scientific training and expertise.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            You really are getting old! No it was his role in the 1980 movie with Sam Jones (who was in the movie "10" with Bo Derek)
            For the record I immediately thought of the Buster Crabbe serials too.

God bless Charles Middleton.

Last edited by Kepler; 03-14-2020, 04:14 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

les: I avoid any of the threads that are in the least bit medically oriented. I just cannot avoid thinking and then posting as physician. Much of the posting I see has a basis from information gleaned from either media or the web. That makes everyone an instant expert and there is little need for good basic scientific training and expertise.
              One of them is turning out to be very interesting. (the other one has neanderthals) It has been very interesting to read all the things happening in different parts of society and parts of the country. So far have gotten a heads up that things were happening on a couple of things before they went down. And, more important, it is a puddle of sanity. I live in an area of idiots where this is a hoax. It is refreshing to commune with people who realize it is serious

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

You are showing your age also. But then again, I met Buster Crabbe when i was a kid and he was in a TV show (Captain Gallant of the Foreign Legion) and giving swimming lessons at the Concord Hotel in the Catskills. Got his autograph of course!
                Last edited by DrDemento; 03-14-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

One of them is turning out to be very interesting. (the other one has neanderthals) It has been very interesting to read all the things happening in different parts of society and parts of the country. So far have gotten a heads up that things were happening on a couple of things before they went down. And, more important, it is a puddle of sanity. I live in an area of idiots where this is a hoax. It is refreshing to commune with people who realize it is serious
                  I can fully appreciate what you say. I practiced in an area here for over 40 years and which is a totally blue collar community. I was beyond over trained for this. In an area where most people will not pay $5 to get a haircut it is a bit difficult to be doing cosmetic surgical procedures (most cancer repair surgeries) that cost quite a bit more than that. I found out rather quickly that most not only do not care about determining the news of the day, what they do receive is from the National Enquirer or Star magazine. Always found it a challenge to give medical advice to people who get their medical information from Oprah and Dr. Phil.

Comment

I can fully appreciate what you say. I practiced in an area here for over 40 years and which is a totally blue collar community. I was beyond over trained for this. In an area where most people will not pay $5 to get a haircut it is a bit difficult to be doing cosmetic surgical procedures (most cancer repair surgeries) that cost quite a bit more than that. I found out rather quickly that most not only do not care about determining the news of the day, what they do receive is from the National Enquirer or Star magazine. Always found it a challenge to give medical advice to people who get their medical information from Oprah and Dr. Phil.
                    Even more fun when they get it from Jared Kushner! ( )

Comment

Even more fun when they get it from Jared Kushner! ( )
                      50+ years of medicine has taught me a lot but one thing is certain, you can never underestimate how little most people know about their own bodies and how to treat and take care of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Thanks for transporting me back to Saturday morning, some time in the early '60's @ the Linden Elementary school in Malden MA. I can still hear the clicking projector, and the buzzing "rocket engine" noises as Flash landed to fight the Evil Ming!
                        Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

50+ years of medicine has taught me a lot but one thing is certain, you can never underestimate how little most people know about their own bodies and how to treat and take care of them.
                          I have less than 50 yrs but I concur. I used to tell patients they want to figure out how to work their new phone but when you try to talk about their body-EEEEWWWW! You own your body, all parts, not just the parts that stickout of your shirt and pants on a cold day.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                            Thanks for transporting me back to Saturday morning, some time in the early '60's @ the Linden Elementary school in Malden MA. I can still hear the clicking projector, and the buzzing "rocket engine" noises as Flash landed to fight the Evil Ming!
                            And the rocket exhaust in outer space!

Last edited by Kepler; 03-15-2020, 03:08 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You are showing your age also. But then again, I met Buster Crabbe when i was a kid and he was in a TV show (Captain Gallant of the Foreign Legion) and giving swimming lessons at the Concord Hotel in the Catskills. Got his autograph of course!
                              Wow. That is a brush with greatness! Also a scene right out of Dirty Dancing!

The little boy was named Cuffy. Something something cultural insensitivity.

Srsly, that is very cool.

As Flash:

Fig. 1 That's some bad hat, Buster
                              Last edited by Kepler; 03-15-2020, 03:12 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Kep: Thanks for the fabulous pictures. And all these years i thought the kid's name was Cubby! I think the autograph I have is from 1956-57. I knew he had played Tarzan and Buck Rogers and Flash Gorden and had been in a gazillion westerns and was a bit starry eyed. But he was just a regular guy who was gracious and grateful that people recognized him and asked for his autograph. Goes without saying he was a fabulous swimmer and had all the girls swooning with his muscular build and rather risque bathing suit (for that time).

Comment

Working...
                                X