Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    In other news...as all the candidates find new ways to make themselves look dumb Sanders had someone on CNN comparing people asking about his medical records post heart attack to Birtherism. I mean I get not wanting to release them (kinda) but you might want to tone that BS down it is NOT a good look. (she also had to retract her statement because Bloomy didnt have a heart attack in the past)

Thankfully, with this field it will be out of the news cycle this time tomorrow!
    I heard about this this morning and I do not get it. Just release the ****ing medical records and be done with it. You already had a heart attack. If it sinks your campaign so be it. Being like Trump and hiding **** is not going to help you get elected.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      At the very least he could solely use executive power to get things done without the senate that could potentially restore peoples' faith in government. Cancelling student debt, lowering the DEA classification of marijuana, using the justice department/IRS for good purposes for once, actually using anti-trust powers for once specifically as it relates to planned obsolescence of smart phones or skyrocketing drug prices. David Dayen's day one agenda goes over a lot of this stuff.
      And the next president just undoes all that with a sweep of his royal hand.

See: Donald J. Trump.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Question: If Bernie isn't the nominee, who do you vote for?
        I don't live in a swing state so it doesn't really matter who I vote for in that scenario.
        And the next president just Indies all that with a sweep of his royal hand.

See: Donald J. Trump.
        The following president probably won't be a Republican if you have one that actually does something useful while also transforming the party into more of a grass roots funded apparatus that isn't specifically geared toward sucking off big banks/corporations. Also you might see some traction in the senate if the president actually uses their power for something useful rather than endless wars and further bank deregulation.
        Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-19-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

I don't live in a swing state so it doesn't really matter who I vote for in that scenario.
          Yeah, nice cop out.

Sac up. Show some spine. Mealy-mouthed spineless, won't take a position Third Way centrist.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I heard about this this morning and I do not get it. Just release the ****ing medical records and be done with it. You already had a heart attack. If it sinks your campaign so be it. Being like Trump and hiding **** is not going to help you get elected.
            His numbers have been strong post heart attack, he already said he would release them, it wont sink him one bit.

His spokesperson basically forced the issue now. The easiest way to make it seem like your hiding something is to say "we arent hiding something and you are a jerk for asking!" That is what she did. My guess is Bernie didnt want her going this route...he seems too smart for that.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah, nice cop out.
              That's reality bud.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                And all this about getting drunk and/or stoned before voting goes for Amy and Pete as well. Shame Kep, DGF, Handy, BassAle, and I all don't live closer to each other. We could have one hell of an Election Night party. I'll bring snacks.
                Honestly, I’m considering voting early and getting the eff out of here for Election Day. We could meet up somewhere fun and watch from afar.

No cruise ship, though. Floating Petri dish

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  This is the pattern we cannot seem to break. I'm not sure anyone left in the Democratic field can break the pattern. Maybe Bernie can, but it's doubtful that Bernie doesn't just cause another massive uprising of ****wad trolls who feed the media machine and get Republicans back in power.
                  Bernie will reawaken the Tea Party. If he wins, I expect a red wave in the midterms.

And after months of “Comrade Bernie” scare adds, I’m not sure he’ll be polling as well as he is now against Trump.

Comment

They've called everything short of Reagan's proposals "communism" for decades now, you act like this is some new tactic that's suddenly going to gain even more traction.

Comment

Four years of some garbage candidate is gonna lead to 4-8 of more fascism from somebody more competent than Trump. We can't have that either. And no he's not going to restore democracy lmfao, the guy literally donated millions to keep the senate under Republican control. The same senate that said Trump can do whatever the **** he wants.
                      Amen.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

They've called everything short of Reagan's proposals "communism" for decades now, you act like this is some new tactic that's suddenly going to gain even more traction.
                        "OMG socialized medicine" is a large part of what lead to the Obama midterm bloodbath at the hands of the tea party

Comment

No it isn't, bailing out banks while letting people in the Trump admin illegally profit by foreclosing peoples' houses and doing nothing about it is what lead to that. Gutting the grass roots apparatus that got him elected is what lead to that. That admin had no momentum in the midterms because how he governed and how he talked on the campaign trail were two very different things.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Honestly, I’m considering voting early and getting the eff out of here for Election Day. We could meet up somewhere fun and watch from afar.

No cruise ship, though. Floating Petri dish
                            Maybe I will spend election night in Vegas after voting early...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

On a related note, can we hold off on the hand-wringing of Bloomberg winning until he wins an actual delegate?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X