Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    As of this morning, I'll vote for Bloomy if it comes to it. However, if it comes to it, I'm pounding three shots of Patron before I go into the voting booth.
    If Bloomy wins the nom I will be baked higher than Alaska but I will vote for him.

But we dont matter...we dont care about saving our Republic.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      I'll not vote for him. Maybe the Libertians will put up a decent candidate - unlike their last one, during the height of the Syrian war, who asked "what's a Aleppo?"
      Spoken like a true lifelong liberal democrat.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        If Bloomy wins the nom I will be baked higher than Alaska but I will vote for him.

But we dont matter...we dont care about saving our Republic.
        Puff puff pass.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

We survived 240 years of economic elites plundering the citizenry under the rule of law. We can survive another 4. What we can't survive is the renunciation of law and that paucity of self-determination we do enjoy, and that is where the GOP leads. Bloomberg is great on the environment and great on guns and terrible on inequality. That makes him better than every Republican in the last 60 years.

Sanders would be far better, of course, but if it's Bloomberg we'll live, and we will restore democracy. The Workers' Paradise wasn't built in a day.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Four years of some garbage candidate is gonna lead to 4-8 of more fascism from somebody more competent than Trump. We can't have that either. And no he's not going to restore democracy lmfao, the guy literally donated millions to keep the senate under Republican control. The same senate that said Trump can do whatever the **** he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              We survived 240 years of economic elites plundering the citizenry under the rule of law. We can survive another 4. What we can't survive is the renunciation of law and that paucity of self-determination we do enjoy, and that is where the GOP leads. Bloomberg is great on the environment and great on guns and terrible on inequality. That makes him better than every Republican in the last 60 years.

Sanders would be far better, of course, but if it's Bloomberg we'll live, and we will restore democracy. The Workers' Paradise wasn't built in a day.
              And all this about getting drunk and/or stoned before voting goes for Amy and Pete as well. Shame Kep, DGF, Handy, BassAle, and I all don't live closer to each other. We could have one hell of an Election Night party. I'll bring snacks.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                Four years of some garbage candidate is gonna lead to 4-8 of more fascism from somebody more competent than Trump. We can't have that either. And no he's not going to restore democracy lmfao, the guy literally donated millions to keep the senate under Republican control. The same senate that said Trump can do whatever the **** he wants.
                This is the pattern we cannot seem to break. I'm not sure anyone left in the Democratic field can break the pattern. Maybe Bernie can, but it's doubtful that Bernie doesn't just cause another massive uprising of ****wad trolls who feed the media machine and get Republicans back in power.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Look, it's either Patron or sacrificing a chicken to clear the air after I vote for Bloomberg. What would you rather I do?
                  "One whole chicken, just like you asked."

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    This is the pattern we cannot seem to break. I'm not sure anyone left in the Democratic field can break the pattern. Maybe Bernie can, but it's doubtful that Bernie doesn't just cause another massive uprising of ****wad trolls who feed the media machine and get Republicans back in power.
                    At the very least he could solely use executive power to get things done without the senate that could potentially restore peoples' faith in government. Cancelling student debt, lowering the DEA classification of marijuana, using the justice department/IRS for good purposes for once, actually using anti-trust powers for once specifically as it relates to planned obsolescence of smart phones or skyrocketing drug prices. David Dayen's day one agenda goes over a lot of this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

You are right of course...notice though not all of us agree.

Welcome to the Union of People Who Want to Watch the Republic Burn! We dont have t-shirts yet but our parties are EPIC!
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

At the very least he could solely use executive power to get things done without the senate that could potentially restore peoples' faith in government. Cancelling student debt, lowering the DEA classification of marijuana, using the justice department/IRS for good purposes for once, actually using anti-trust powers for once specifically as it relates to planned obsolescence of smart phones or skyrocketing drug prices. David Dayen's day one agenda goes over a lot of this stuff.
                        Depends on if that actually restores people's faith. I have my doubts with this electorate.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Acknowledging reality doesn't mean you want the world to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Depends on if that actually restores people's faith. I have my doubts with this electorate.
                            You might be right but we have to at least try. If people actually see tangible benefits of government for once (and notice how most of those proposals are popular) you might swing just enough of the electorate to break that pattern. Also the electorate is getting younger.

Comment

Because one of these candidates supports good policies that will actually win you ****ing moron. Sorry but when we literally have fascism in this country as a result of decades of neoliberal garbage policies, climate change baring down on us, and an extremely bleak outlook for the future based on the current trajectory we're on, maybe stop with the stupid concern trolling about the letter next to the guy who actually prescribes policies that address these things better than the ones that have a D next to their name and aren't even pretending to care about any of these problems. Bloomberg has literally donated millions to republicans in close senate races, if the republicans are "nazis" then he's a sympathizer.
                              Question: If Bernie isn't the nominee, who do you vote for?
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

In other news...as all the candidates find new ways to make themselves look dumb Sanders had someone on CNN comparing people asking about his medical records post heart attack to Birtherism. I mean I get not wanting to release them (kinda) but you might want to tone that BS down it is NOT a good look. (she also had to retract her statement because Bloomy didnt have a heart attack in the past)

Thankfully, with this field it will be out of the news cycle this time tomorrow!
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X