Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    It still matters. To say otherwise is foolhardy.
    I would rather he abstain.

Truth is for all the rhetoric spouted on here, votes for president in the general election only matter in a handful of states. Where your vote does matter is in the smaller, more local elections. My vote for president won't mean a thing (newsflash: we're going blue) nor will my vote for the House (we'd sooner elect a Coke can than a Republican) but my vote will matter in the Senate race. It will certainly matter for the state Senate election and will be critical for state rep where the margin is usually in the dozens of votes. Knowing his political views, I would rather have him stay home than cast an irrelevant vote for president but cast very meaningful and harmful votes in races further down the ballot.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Likely. maybe. But you don't know.

maybe Bernie keels over tomorrow.
      Yeah, I’m sure those odds are perfectly even

Comment

• Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Never said they were. Argue the point, not what you wish the point were
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Voter turnout could matter, princess.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Truth is for all the rhetoric spouted on here, votes for president in the general election only matter in a handful of states. Where your vote does matter is in the smaller, more local elections. My vote for president won't mean a thing (newsflash: we're going blue) nor will my vote for the House (we'd sooner elect a Coke can than a Republican) but my vote will matter in the Senate race. It will certainly matter for the state Senate election and will be critical for state rep where the margin is usually in the dozens of votes. Knowing his political views, I would rather have him stay home than cast an irrelevant vote for president but cast very meaningful and harmful votes in races further down the ballot.
            Voter turnout ALWAYS matters.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

The point we were arguing was that the evidence seems to suggest that Bernie is the best candidate to beat Trump. Biden has a slim lead in months old data but more recent trends seem to suggest that’s no longer the case. Then you made some dumb argument that Bernie might keel over tomorrow. But ok

Comment

No it doesn't. It suggests he could be the better candidate and your insistence otherwise suggests a bias that you've repeatedly demonstrated.

Comment

Comment

Well it’s certainly not Pete, Amy, or Warren from the data. Biden’s the only one in the same ballpark but campaign has been floundering though I guess he’s not technically extinct yet. Bloomberg clearly isn’t it. So yeah, that statement is actually pretty accurate despite what your biases may tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Well it’s certainly not Pete, Amy, or Warren from the data. Biden’s the only one in the same ballpark but campaign has been floundering though I guess he’s not technically extinct yet. Bloomberg clearly isn’t it. So yeah, that statement is actually pretty accurate despite what your biases may tell you.
                      Polling also had Hillary winning too.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Most of the polls showed it being close IIRC and I’m not going to pretend that these polls are super predictive, even if they’re better than absolutely nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

He’s probably not abstaining from the down ballot races

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Funny. Those are the two with the most name recognition. That’s why they are polling better in hypothetical trump matchups vs the other candidate. Half the people they polled didn’t know who Mayor Pete or Klobuchar were

Comment

You act like that’s a disadvantage for them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                The point we were arguing was that the evidence seems to suggest that Bernie is the best candidate to beat Trump. Biden has a slim lead in months old data but more recent trends seem to suggest that’s no longer the case. Then you made some dumb argument that Bernie might keel over tomorrow. But ok
                                "seem to suggest"

"might keel over tomorrow."

the real point is, you don't know. Despite your smug superior attitude that you somehow have some insight not available to others.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X