Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    There are a lot of the areas of the country where overpopulation is not a real thing. I grew up in one of those areas. Unfortunately many of those areas seem to be most opposed to welcoming immigrants, but I think they do so at their peril.

When you look at "outstate" Minnesota, for instance, those communities need people. If you don't have people, businesses shutter, others move away, and sooner or later you become a ghost town.
    Yeah. Then you read stories like the one in WaPo about the bus driver in that part of the State who just doesnt seem to like driving around all the new Brown people.

People are dumb.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Lol at faux outraged. Most people don't present the Hitler comparison like you just did. So if you are worried that he has early Hitler year tendencies...ok. But that's not how it's typically presented.

So let me ask you this. Even though he could share characteristics, do you think Trump would ever become what Hitler became? Guess we'll never know since he'll be out of the office unless he appoints himself President for life. But as a hypothetical I say no, we wouldn't be in danger of what Nazi Germany ultimately became. I don't see any way we would allow that to happen nor do I think that is his intention where as I would imagine Hitler had his grand plan in mind all along.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Warren lying about Bernie again: https://twitter.com/OrganizingPower/...639652869?s=20

And a solid piece on CIA Pete: https://t.co/X4CoWiQzWo?amp=1

This election it seems to me will end in a great result for progressives. Either Bernie wins or he’s screwed over for the 2nd time in 4 years and the party disintegrates allowing room for a true progressive party to rise.
        An alarmist would say there won't be that many progressives left to rise up. But that's silly. There are typically lots of opposition parties in Fascist countries. Authoritarians love it when people challenge their power.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          our failure to properly allocate resources isn't the same ad not having the resources to allocate. People aren't homeless or starving because we literally lack enough food and shelter; those problems occur because we lack the political will to deal with them.
          bingo!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Don't be silly. If we desalinize water eventually we'll run out of water.
            Who cares anyway...it snowed yesterday so Climate Change is far off!
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              JFC. What are you talking about? Those people would gladly live in Trump's America over Nazi Germany. Seriously, what is wrong with some of you people? If you can't see the clear difference between Hitler and Trump you are ignoring historical facts.
              He's saying, you should go and read up about the rise of fascism in Germany and Italy.

People weren't always living in Hitler's Germany.

Just a quick look at Wikipedia will give you this

Berlin. It is this event that would become termed Hitler's Machtergreifung ("seizure of power"). The term was originally used by some Nazis to suggest a revolutionary process,[77] though Hitler, and others, used the word Machtübernahme ("take-over of power"), reflecting that the transfer of power took place within the existing constitutional framework[77] and suggesting that the process was legal.[78][79]

Papen was to serve as Vice-Chancellor in a majority conservative Cabinet – still falsely believing that he could "tame" Hitler.[58] Initially, Papen did speak out against some Nazi excesses. However, after narrowly escaping death in the Night of the Long Knives in 1934, he no longer dared criticise the regime and was sent off to Vienna as German ambassador.[80]

Both within Germany and abroad initially there were few fears that Hitler could use his position to establish his later dictatorial single-party regime. Rather, the conservatives that helped to make him chancellor were convinced that they could control Hitler and "tame" the Nazi Party while setting the relevant impulses in the government themselves; foreign ambassadors played down worries by emphasizing that Hitler was "mediocre" if not a bad copy of Mussolini; even SPD politician Kurt Schumacher trivialized Hitler as a "Dekorationsstück" ("piece of scenery/decoration") of the new government. German newspapers wrote that, without doubt, the Hitler-led government would try to fight its political enemies (the left-wing parties), but that it would be impossible to establish a dictatorship in Germany because there was "a barrier, over which violence cannot proceed" and because of the German nation being proud of "the freedom of speech and thought". Theodor Wolff of Frankfurter Zeitung wrote:[81]

It is a hopeless misjudgement to think that one could force a dictatorial regime upon the German nation. [...] The diversity of the German people calls for democracy.
              Sound familiar?
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                He's saying, you should go and read up about the rise of fascism in Germany and Italy.

People weren't always living in Hitler's Germany.

Just a quick look at Wikipedia will give you this

Sound familiar?
                Let's try:

Washington. It is this event that would become termed Trump's Draining the Swamp. The term was originally used by some Trumpists to suggest a revolutionary process,[77] though Trump, and others, used the word re-re-Election, reflecting that the transfer of power took place within the existing constitutional framework[77] and suggesting that the process was legal.[78][79]

Pence was to serve as Vice President in a majority conservative Cabinet – still falsely believing that he could "tame" Trump.[58] Initially, Pence did speak out against some Trumpian excesses. However, after narrowly escaping death in the Night of the Long Rallies in 2020, he no longer dared criticize the regime and was sent off to the CDC as Coronavirus Czar.[80]

Both within the US and abroad initially there were few fears that Trump could use his position to establish his later dictatorial single-party regime. Rather, the conservatives that helped to make him president were convinced that they could control Trump and "tame" the Trumpian Party while setting the relevant impulses in the government themselves; foreign ambassadors played down worries by emphasizing that Trump was "mediocre" if not a bad copy of Boris Johnson; even GOP politician Paul Ryan trivialized Trump as a moron within the new government. American newspapers wrote that, without doubt, the Trump-led government would try to fight its political enemies (the Democrats), but that it would be impossible to establish a dictatorship in America because there was "a barrier, over which violence cannot proceed" and because of the American nation being proud of "the freedom of speech and thought". Some Dipsh--t at the National Review wrote:[81]

It is a hopeless misjudgement to think that one could force a dictatorial regime upon the United States. [...] The diversity of the American people calls for democracy."

Jeebus...
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Lol at faux outraged. Most people don't present the Hitler comparison like you just did. So if you are worried that he has early Hitler year tendencies...ok. But that's not how it's typically presented.

So let me ask you this. Even though he could share characteristics, do you think Trump would ever become what Hitler became? Guess we'll never know since he'll be out of the office unless he appoints himself President for life. But as a hypothetical I say no, we wouldn't be in danger of what Nazi Germany ultimately became. I don't see any way we would allow that to happen nor do I think that is his intention where as I would imagine Hitler had his grand plan in mind all along.
                  Yes I do. I didnt always, and I dont think he will ever be able to have a stranglehold like Hitler did in Europe because North America is set up differently. That said there is no one on the Right willing to stop him so he has millions of followers who will live and die by the words he says and who will spit in the face (or worse) of anyone who dares challenge him even for a second.

Conventional wisdom is that Presidents feel more free to enact their true policies in their second term. If he feels emboldened enough in his first term to pull the crap he has pulled what will he do when there is literally no way to stop him? He wont be impeached again, and no matter what he suggests his Party will back him. If he said he wanted a third term they would use previous precedents like FDR to justify it and 63 million people would dance and chant and allow it. We already know he will use the DOJ to protect him and his friends so what is the next logical step? You really think he isnt going to weaponize it against his enemies. (stronger than he already does?) Who is going to stop him? Congress? (not unless the Dems take the Senate) The Courts? (not a chance especially the SC) This guy lives to make himself look better you really think he is going to not take every advantage?

I mean he has basically said he thinks the liberal justices on the SC should recuse themselves from his cases...and no one is criticizing him outside of the liberals. Mitt dared make a meaningless vote on Impeachment against the President and even his conservative friends shunned him. This isnt Dubya being stupid, this is a man controlling the Party in ways we dont normally see here.

If he wins in November he will build his wall, he will go to war, he will lock up everyone he can think of and he will shame all those who dont agree as traitors. And even on the off chance he is forced to quit after two terms he has 3 dumbass psycho kids with even worse ideas and worse temperaments waiting in the wings. The GOP has to be stopped.

(this is where you tell me I am crazy)
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Our failure to properly allocate resources isn't the same ad not having the resources to allocate. People aren't homeless or starving because we literally lack enough food and shelter; those problems occur because we lack the political will to deal with them.
                    We have more than enough surplus housing to provide for the homeless, but it is more economically advantageous to let people starve and freeze to death than let them inside.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      We have more than enough surplus housing to provide for the homeless, but it is more economically advantageous to let people starve and freeze to death than let them inside.
                      We have more food than we know what to do with yet we throw most of it away. Hell we have to often pay farmers NOT to grow stuff because of our surpluses. (when we dont screw up trade causing Farms to close that is)
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        An alarmist would say there won't be that many progressives left to rise up. But that's silly. There are typically lots of opposition parties in Fascist countries. Authoritarians love it when people challenge their power.
                        We’ll find out soon.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Yes I do. I didnt always, and I dont think he will ever be able to have a stranglehold like Hitler did in Europe because North America is set up differently. That said there is no one on the Right willing to stop him so he has millions of followers who will live and die by the words he says and who will spit in the face (or worse) of anyone who dares challenge him even for a second.

Conventional wisdom is that Presidents feel more free to enact their true policies in their second term. If he feels emboldened enough in his first term to pull the crap he has pulled what will he do when there is literally no way to stop him? He wont be impeached again, and no matter what he suggests his Party will back him. If he said he wanted a third term they would use previous precedents like FDR to justify it and 63 million people would dance and chant and allow it. We already know he will use the DOJ to protect him and his friends so what is the next logical step? You really think he isnt going to weaponize it against his enemies. (stronger than he already does?) Who is going to stop him? Congress? (not unless the Dems take the Senate) The Courts? (not a chance especially the SC) This guy lives to make himself look better you really think he is going to not take every advantage?

I mean he has basically said he thinks the liberal justices on the SC should recuse themselves from his cases...and no one is criticizing him outside of the liberals. Mitt dared make a meaningless vote on Impeachment against the President and even his conservative friends shunned him. This isnt Dubya being stupid, this is a man controlling the Party in ways we dont normally see here.

If he wins in November he will build his wall, he will go to war, he will lock up everyone he can think of and he will shame all those who dont agree as traitors. And even on the off chance he is forced to quit after two terms he has 3 dumbass psycho kids with even worse ideas and worse temperaments waiting in the wings. The GOP has to be stopped.

(this is where you tell me I am crazy)
                          Heh, you might be crazy but I respect the analysis you put in. I just have a hard time believing we would let things get to that point despite what he has been able to get away with thus far. And I also don't think his motivation is to fully become Hitler and start murdering Jews, etc.

Comment

Heh, you might be crazy but I respect the analysis you put in. I just have a hard time believing we would let things get to that point despite what he has been able to get away with thus far. And I also don't think his motivation is to fully become Hitler and start murdering Jews, etc.
                            Who do you think is going to stop him?

Comment

And while this discussion is going on, we learn the following:

Government health officials and scientists will have to clear statements about the coronavirus outbreak with the office of Vice President Mike Pence, in an effort to tighten the White House’s control of messaging about the virus.

Comment

Didn't think we'd allow him to use the justice department to let his buddies skate, and attack his enemies, but here we are. Didn't see where we'd allow him to use the powers of his office against a political opponent, but here we are. Didn't think that once discovered, we'd give him a pass and let him keep right on doing it, but here we are.

Three small steps on the way to fascism. What have you seen that says he will be stopped from taking more?
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X