Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

I think that's done on purpose.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Well if that was the plan with the ACA (adopted in 2010, iirc), it didn't work (at least according to this graph).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth...ality_-_v2.png
      Unless you're a simpleton you surely realize there's other factors involved right? But the question is, before you tried to move the goalposts, is do you still stand by this earlier statement of yours: "A dozen years ago or so the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress and the White House, but I don't recall any great wealth tax imposed or other dramatic step to change the inequality"
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Didn't watch the debate, but what I'm gathering from the recaps:
        Bloomberg sucked
        Sanders escaped relatively unscathed
        Biden was a non factor
        Warren burned everyone
        Buttigeig and Klobuchar had a brouhaha, with Buttigeig winning on the scorecards.

Comment

I don't get Mayor Pete's strategy. He doesn't want a Sanders vs Bloomberg race so naturally he attacks...Klobuchar?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            I don't get Mayor Pete's strategy. He doesn't want a Sanders vs Bloomberg race so naturally he attacks...Klobuchar?
            She's in his lane. No Klobuchar and he maybe wins NH. Warren already took care of Bloomberg in the debate so go after the next target. Whether that's Klobuchar or Biden for him I'm not sure but he needs to get some of the moderates out of the race.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              What Rover said. If Klobuchar doesn't win most of the late deciders in NH following the last debate, Pete very likely would've edged out Sanders. If he could land a killing blow, a lot of her voters probably go to him.

And don't discount that it's gotten personal for her, and likely has for him as well. There is genuine disdain there.

Comment

I think he had that Mondale line ready which was hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  Unless you're a simpleton you surely realize there's other factors involved right? But the question is, before you tried to move the goalposts, is do you still stand by this earlier statement of yours: "A dozen years ago or so the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress and the White House, but I don't recall any great wealth tax imposed or other dramatic step to change the inequality"
                  I do
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    She's in his lane. No Klobuchar and he maybe wins NH. Warren already took care of Bloomberg in the debate so go after the next target. Whether that's Klobuchar or Biden for him I'm not sure but he needs to get some of the moderates out of the race.
                    If he doesn't want Bloomberg to buy the nomination it makes more sense to either join the dogpile or try to hurt Sanders. Going after Amy wasn't a good look for him, and even drew the attention of Liz the Lioness, which is astonishing considering she was still feasting on the remains of Bloomberg.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      What Rover said. If Klobuchar doesn't win most of the late deciders in NH following the last debate, Pete very likely would've edged out Sanders. If he could land a killing blow, a lot of her voters probably go to him.

And don't discount that it's gotten personal for her, and likely has for him as well. There is genuine disdain there.
                      Elena thinks she's entitled to the moderate vote because she's played the game longer than Pedro. Those rules went out the window 12 years ago, and Hillary never learned. Seems Elena didn't either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        Also, his target is wrong. The latest polls show him at just about viable in Nevada, far behind Sanders but very close to Biden. Joe has been dropping like a rock and may not make it to the magic 15%. If Buttigieg can pick off those voters he not only gets himself over the threshold, but he knocks out Biden. Biden is also in his lane, and much more vulnerable than Klobuchar. She's hovering around <10% and may not even make it. Joe is the one he should go after.

There are better and smarter ways to go after her. You have to be able to read the room, and going after Amy last night was not a good idea. If he's acting out of personal dislike for her then he's already lost.

His target should have been Biden. Hell, the lioness might have helped go after the wounded animal instead of seeing Buttigieg as her next meal.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Elena thinks she's entitled to the moderate vote because she's played the game longer than Pedro. Those rules went out the window 12 years ago, and Hillary never learned. Seems Elena didn't either.
                          My personal issue with Klobuchar is that she reminds me too much of my last boss, and that's not a good thing (there's a reason I took about an 8% pay cut to get away and have had no regrets). The sense of entitlement is one aspect, the stories about her treatment of her staff got to me though. Even if it was a planted hatchet job, it struck true to me and I'm guessing many people who've had bosses that act similarly. The animus she aimed at Pete the last couple of debates kinda solidifies that.

Probably not the best reason to not consider a candidate, but there it is.

Comment

Even if it was a planted hatchet job
                            Per Dr. Mrs. It wasn't. Amy's Beltway rep is she is great to work with and terrible to work for.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I have a couple close friends that have worked for her. They love her and had no issues, but did admit that she can be real tough.

My impression is that she doesn't suffer fools in her employ, and will at times make an example of someone. Everyone likes a Dr. Cox in a television show, not so much in reality.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                I have a couple close friends that have worked for her. They love her and had no issues, but did admit that she can be real tough.

My impression is that she doesn't suffer fools in her employ, and will at times make an example of someone. Everyone likes a Dr. Cox in a television show, not so much in reality.
                                One of my oldest friends was her COS. He says basically the same thing

Comment

Working...
                                X