Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Yeah...thats ban worthy.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

What a piece of trash

Comment

His post in the gender studies thread was even more repulsive.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I have pokey on ignore, so I don't even need to read that to know what it likely said.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokechecker
            garbage
            You know how they say, "It's been a pleasure?" Well, It hasn't.

Any last words of wisdom?

Comment

so I have some concerns about Bernie's electability, but I think he's unstoppable at this point. The only question is does he secure a majority of the delegates.

So even though I have concerns, I think I am not leaning towards vote for him in the primary because I'd rather avoid a brokered convention. If some other consensus candidate emerged from a brokered convention it would be a sure fire way to get the Bernie Bros to stay home since it would feed into their "it's rigged!!" persecution complex.

Either way I think we're ****ed unless the coronavirus stock market panic lasts long enough for there to be economic uncertainty heading into the election.

also, Bernie needs to get his **** together and actually have an answer for these questions:
              https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/24/polit...020/index.html
              Last edited by BassAle; 02-25-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                You know how they say, "It's been a pleasure?" Well, It hasn't.

Any last words of wisdom?
                Thank you; I really appreciate it.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

He definitely knows what the rough cost of his proposals is. He just doesn't want to say it in public during the campaign because that will lead to inevitable questions about how much taxes will have to go up to pay for it all, which fuels the "HE'S GOING TO TURN US INTO VENEZUELA" hubbub the right is going to gin up.

Comment

There are more than 20 studies which show single payer is a net savings for Americans over the current system. Cost is a perception problem, not a real problem.

Now, we live in a country where a large percentage of the public doesn't believe in climate science, so the actual facts aren't going to matter. Sanders does need a way to answer those questions that do not make him appear to be fudging. He has a ready answer in the actual math but I can understand he is hesitant about turning this into another arena for the Republicans to blat their anti-intellectualism and the media to gleefully set it up as a tennis match.

I think that's the ultimate best way to deal with it, though. It will at least get all the Dems on board and shut down the opportunists like Carville.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Single payer is a net savings, but crying about taxes is the lazy way to argue about it.

I also like when people whine about wait times, not acknowledging that wait times In our current system are bad

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        One of the most liberal people I know I guess loves him. I thought she was kidding...
                        Bloomberg has done heroic work on gun control, so give the man his due. If that's your main issue then there's no one with a stronger record. Its similar to Sanders with M4A. Until he started throwing his millions around the NRA had no organized opposition when they'd go after any legislator who opposed them on a gun bill. Even they can't compete with Bloomberg's money. Mind you that doesn't mean we owe him the nomination before someone freaks out.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Bloomberg has done heroic work on gun control, so give the man his due. If that's your main issue then there's no one with a stronger record. Its similar to Sanders with M4A. Until he started throwing his millions around the NRA had no organized opposition when they'd go after any legislator who opposed them on a gun bill. Even they can't compete with Bloomberg's money. Mind you that doesn't mean we owe him the nomination before someone freaks out.
                          You are being oddly reasonable and cogent lately.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            He definitely knows what the rough cost of his proposals is. He just doesn't want to say it in public during the campaign because that will lead to inevitable questions about how much taxes will have to go up to pay for it all, which fuels the "HE'S GOING TO TURN US INTO VENEZUELA" hubbub the right is going to gin up.
                            God forbid people don't want their taxes going up! I mean if you can't at least acknowledge the flaws of universal healthcare what are we doing here? I like how things are for my family. If that makes me selfish or a bad person, so be it. But ask yourself this...do you honestly think all these politicians with great healthcare are going to back this? It won't happen. Everyone is on board with the moral aspect of this until they realize how it will impact them personally. Politicians will say whatever they need to say to get elected and it's clear that Bernie's message is hitting home with a lot of people. Doesn't mean that message will ever become reality...

Comment

GOP brainwashing since 1980 got people to believe that $5 more in taxes to reduce out of pocket costs $1000 is tyranny.

Last edited by Kepler; 02-25-2020, 09:10 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                I also like when people whine about wait times, not acknowledging that wait times In our current system are bad
                                No. This is a bad argument. While current wait times might be "bad", they get worse under a universal healthcare system.

Comment

Working...
                                X