Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    So he knew about this for a month, but sat on it instead of nipping it in the bud? And it's all the WaPo's fault it came out? You know, the WaPo, that bastion of right-wing bias.

Was the info really classified? If so, then he's in the clear, but I haven't seen a proper source on that.
    The briefing is classified. I don't know (obviously) if this info was, but protecting sources and methods is no joke.

If he was going to use it to his advantage he would have tub thumped "I have been informed that the Russians are trying to help me and I REJECT THEIR HELP! This is what a patriot does, unlike some people."

I think he didn't know what to do with it so he did nothing. Which, 99% of the time, is the prudent thing to do.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So he knew about this for a month, but sat on it instead of nipping it in the bud? And it's all the WaPo's fault it came out? You know, the WaPo, that bastion of right-wing bias.

Was the info really classified? If so, then he's in the clear, but I haven't seen a proper source on that.
      Classified. Orange ****wad leaked it.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Do you really expect them to see the truth in what you are saying?
        That Bernie is lefty Trump? No, they'll never see it as long as they're part of it.

Comment

That Bernie is lefty Trump? No, they'll never see it as long as they're part of it.
          This is ridiculous. Sanders is a politician in the normal vein. Dump is a Mule anomaly. Nobody is a lefty Dump. That's the whole problem. Dump is a 100-year flood.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Do you really expect them to see the truth in what you are saying?
            You mean the truth in what Bernie is saying? Amplified by the fact that he is nothing like Trump?

Yeah. I get that.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://newrepublic.com/article/1566...o-donald-trump

This is mostly why, when Democratic consultants and campaign operatives hint at the similarities between Trump and Sanders or the rotation pundits on MSNBC do the same, or when Joe Biden describes the behavior of Sanders’s supporters (if not the candidate himself) as “Trump-like,” or when ostensibly conflicted Never Trumpers like The Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin keep turning up parallels between the Democratic front-runner and the Republican president, it all feels kind of grasping and desperate and off. These are not exceptionally discerning minds, of course, but even if they remain stuck on describing the shape of what the candidates do instead of addressing what they propose, they surely can see the difference between the bloated marzipan golem who currently lords over a lawless archipelago of concentration camps for immigrants and the most reliably left-wing figure in Congress over the last three decades.

The question, then, is why they would bother to make this obviously facile and unconvincing comparison in the first place. That answer has two parts. One is that none of these people are really much good at their very important jobs. The other is that they are scared, because Sanders’s ongoing run toward the Democratic nomination suggests that a critical mass of voters has noticed as much, and is ignoring them. If there’s any real parallel to be drawn between Trump and Sanders, it’s how their respective rises have revealed the flubby redundancy of their respective parties’ establishments.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                The briefing is classified. I don't know (obviously) if this info was, but protecting sources and methods is no joke.

If he was going to use it to his advantage he would have tub thumped "I have been informed that the Russians are trying to help me and I REJECT THEIR HELP! This is what a patriot does, unlike some people."

I think he didn't know what to do with it so he did nothing. Which, 99% of the time, is the prudent thing to do.
                Maybe he knew about the possibility of it, and they had to verify it? That could have taken that long to confirm.

I do agree with your last sentence for sure, in any case.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  He's not wrong, though.
                  Exactly

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Warren one is the best.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Early entrance polls have Bernie taking 50% of the Hispanic vote, next are Biden and Pete around 10% each. Biden leads black voters with 36%, but Bernie is at 25%.

Moderates are all split at roughly 21% each for Biden, Pete, and Bernie. Bernie is taking "very liberal" with 52%, Warren next at 17%.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

There is someone in a Warren group with a #Bucciovertimechallenge shirt and a Tulane hat. He needs to be interviewed. So many cross sections.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Half of all results were in by this point in 2016. Caucuses need to be outlawed. If you like the idea, just use ranked choice in a primary.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Yay. False equivalency is back.
                              Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                Half of all results were in by this point in 2016. Caucuses need to be outlawed. If you like the idea, just use ranked choice in a primary.
                                Subscribed.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X