Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    And on that note, speaking of "messiahs", has Obama endorsed anybody officially? And would that matter? I would think he'd endorse Biden so maybe not.
    Concern troll is concerned.

Comment

Thanks for the neg. Someone's triggered.

And to answer your question, no Kepler is definitely NOT my messiah. He and I have plenty of differences, which are well-established.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Plus, hasn't Obama had good things to say about Bloomberg even despite his "record"?
        I don't care what anyone had to say about him. I care about what he did.

The only reason he ended stop and frisk was cause the courts ordered it. And he fought that every step of the way.
        Last edited by rufus; 02-26-2020, 01:04 PM.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I couldn't give two poops who Sally Pipes endorses. Obama on the other hand, I'd like to hear that. Would be curious if he endorses Biden if that would resurrect his campaign. I suppose it makes sense he hasn't commented though because any endorsement other than Biden would be awkward.
          Obama sees his role to unite the party after the primary. He's going to wait and then campaign for the candidate in the general.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            This is another thing I have thought all along. That if you did want to appeal to people who voted for Trump, I just don't think Bernie is that guy. So while he could be your favorite candidate is he really the right guy to prop up against Trump? I don't see it.
            The Dems seem to have no issue voting for him.

I love the logical fallacy though in here. If people were really this turned off why wouldn't they be voting against him?

It isn't like we need him to turn 5 million votes...250000 in three states.(two of which Bernie won in the 2016 primaries) The clutching of pearls over him is ridiculous.

I like Mayor Pete but he is not the better candidate.
            Last edited by Handyman; 02-26-2020, 12:18 PM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              so this is anecdotal, but I'm hearing lots of talk from democrat friends that they are concerned about Bernie in the general and they wish the moderates would consolidate around someone like Pete and they hope Warren stays in to draw support from Bernie.
              Let me guess, you're talking with a lot of people of color under the age of 50 who make under 100k a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I love the logical fallacy though in here. If people were really this turned off why wouldn't they be voting against him?

It isn't like we need him to turn 5 million votes...250000 in three states. The clutching of pearls over him is ridiculous.

I'm not talking about Dems voting for Bernie. Like I said before, a lot of people (most?) strictly vote based on political party. I'm talking about trying to attract any people who are not Trump diehards. Maybe they voted for him last time and regret it or maybe they are on the fence this time and would vote for a certain dem candidate. Mayor Pete might not be the better candidate to you but he is to me. I'm in the minority there though so take your celebratory lap.

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                Obama sees his role to unite the party after the primary. He's going to wait and then campaign for the candidate in the general.
                Fair enough, probably a sound approach.

Comment

.250000 in three states.(two of which Bernie won in the 2016 primaries) .
                  Umm...didn't Trump win those states in the 2016 primaries too?

Not sure why people keep falling back on that...
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Oh goody. Another nervous centrist.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It isn't like we need him to turn 5 million votes...250000 in three states.(two of which Bernie won in the 2016 primaries) The clutching of pearls over him is ridiculous.

Pete does not excite the minority vote, which I understand. I have no idea why Sanders and Biden do, but here we are.

Comment

It's pretty obvious why eliminating ICE and being clear for decades about the fact that we shouldn't genocide half of Central and South American might appeal to Latinos. As for blacks he addresses material needs unlike most of the other candidates sans Warren.

Comment

Nervous that Trump could defeat Sanders? Isn't that something any democrat would be nervous about?

Comment

Trump can beat anyone in the field. Anyone who thinks otherwise is exactly why he won in the first place.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Oh I know he *can*, I just think there is a certain type of democrat who would have a better chance of beating him than Sanders. Maybe I am underestimating the appeal of Bernie, we'll see.

Comment

Oh I know he *can*, I just think there is a certain type of democrat who would have a better chance of beating him than Sanders. Maybe I am underestimating the appeal of Bernie, we'll see.
                                You need to work on that. Because no matter what happens a lot of people are going to be disappointed with the nominee. And if they spend any time crying about it instead of voting for the actual nominee they're part of the problem not the solution.

Oh, and thanks for the negative rep. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X