Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Independents just want a milquetoast centrist
    That data is nice but wouldn't you need to know who those independents voted for last election?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Sure. And you realize you're in the minority, right? That's why Hillary lost. Democrats wouldn't come out and vote for her. So, it's entirely logical to start nipping that **** in the bud right now.
      Where's the evidence that they'll come out and vote for Sanders? This is all speculation on everybody's part. The nuances of the electoral college could also end up doing the same thing to him as an influx of college age voters in California won't offset a loss of old timey Dems in PA for example.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        That data is nice but wouldn't you need to know who those independents voted for last election?
        No because this data is more current.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Where's the evidence that they'll come out and vote for Sanders? This is all speculation on everybody's part. The nuances of the electoral college could also end up doing the same thing to him as an influx of college age voters in California won't offset a loss of old timey Dems in PA for example.
          Who's talking about Sanders? The rule is simple. No matter who the ****ing nominee is that's who you vote for. Are a lot of people going to be disappointed? Sure as **** they are. Doesn't matter.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Who's talking about Sanders? The rule is simple. No matter who the ****ing nominee is that's who you vote for. Are a lot of people going to be disappointed? Sure as **** they are. Doesn't matter.
            Works for me. Wasn't sure where you were going with all that.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              No because this data is more current.
              Huh? What I'm saying is what if that data is the exact same breakdown as it was for independent voters between Clinton and Trump. What were the numbers on that?

Comment

I'll ask this again. Is this your rule all the time or only in this case because Trump is involved?

Comment

I'll ask this again. Is this your rule all the time or only in this case because Trump is involved?
                  It's a rule all of the time when the other party's candidate is so awful and inappropriate for the job and all of the Dem candidates, while not perfect, have at least shown themselves to be reasonable and competent human beings.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Huh? What I'm saying is what if that data is the exact same breakdown as it was for independent voters between Clinton and Trump. What were the numbers on that?
                    The first article I can find (Sept 2016) shows that her lead narrowed among independents 38 to 36. She didn't poll particularly well amongst them.

Comment

I came to this conclusion somewhere around the 2000 timeframe. Much too late for my liking but I finally woke up. I should have figured it out in High School.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Blue No Matter Who became my standard rule after '94 and Newt. That was when it appeared to me that the writing was on the wall for the GOP -- they were headed for fascism and it was only a matter of how long the trip took.

In the event, it took 10 years for the party to sink into fascism and then another 10 until they found their Hitler.

Unless the GOP reforms and becomes a political party again rather than a terrorist organization I'm stuck voting Dem straight ticket until I croak. There is no excuse to give Nazis succor, even at the level of alderman or chancery court.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 02-26-2020, 03:08 PM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          It's a rule all of the time when the other party's candidate is so awful and inappropriate for the job and all of the Dem candidates, while not perfect, have at least shown themselves to be reasonable and competent human beings.
                          OK. That's fair. I just hate the mentality from both sides of simply voting because of political party. I understand that there are extreme circumstances though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            That's probably a good bet.

I wonder how he'd do in MN. Seems like a good place to hunker down for an "aw shucks" Midwestern moderate political career. Run for governor to get executive experience. Give the presidency another try around 2040. Nobody's gonna give a sh-t about being gay then outside of the true toilet districts that are lost forever anyway.

Think of it, in 20 years:

98% of 8x-year old males
                            85% of 7x-year old males
                            55% of 6x-year old males
                            33% of 5x-year old males

will be dead.

Pretty much all the Phobes who aren't hardcore Thumpers will join the Happy Hunting Grounds where people who hated Catholics, Jews and, Blacks on principle went in the last 50 years. And good riddance.
                            That map is wrong, or old. The MN-1 and MN-8 (northeastern MN and southern MN) both flipped to Republicans in 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              In the event, it took 10 years for the party to sink into fascism and then another 10 until they found their Hitler.
                              You have some issues, dude.

Comment

OK. That's fair. I just hate the mentality from both sides of simply voting because of political party. I understand that there are extreme circumstances though.
                                No. No, no, no, no.

There are NO Republicans in the United States right now that have any interest in governing. Until that changes there is no reason on God's green earth that anyone with a brain can vote for them. Thus, there is at this time only one party worth voting for in any election from President to Dog Catcher.

This rule can only be reevaluated at such a time that the Republican Party either wakes the **** up or dissolves into nothingness and another party takes over. Until then everyone who votes for them votes for the complete destruction of this country.

Comment

Working...
                                X