Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    So, the New York Times is manufacturing a Dems in Disarray meme?
    Tiger Beat on the Hudson?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      You're the one that just decided to newly hop on board here.

Don't like it? I'm sure there's lots more social media sites the Russian troll farms could use you at. Or is Bloomie cutting your checks?
      Yes, rufus, god forbid I interject rather than sit back and let ridiculous posts go unchallenged.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        It's a great concept, morally sound. Just not practical. Overpopulation is a real thing.
        In China, India and subsaharan Africa, sure. In the US? No, no it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Tiger Beat on the Hudson?
          I like it!

JD, the NYT is a s hit paper run by and staffed with s hitheads. Can't make it any clearer than that. I appreciate them breaking the Pentagon Papers story but that was over 50 years ago. Since then its been nothing but plagiarism scandals and erroneous reporting that mysteriously always seems to favor the GOP's position (Iraq War, Comey investigation, etc etc) with zero accountability afterwards.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Yes it is.

https://www.worldpopulationbalance.org/us_population

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Bozo the Clown has nukes.
              Almost lost my coffee... before almost losing my lunch
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don't have an affinity for the NYT. I just thought it was Trump who hated it. So is that article believable or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Yes it is.

https://www.worldpopulationbalance.org/us_population
                  Our failure to properly allocate resources isn't the same ad not having the resources to allocate. People aren't homeless or starving because we literally lack enough food and shelter; those problems occur because we lack the political will to deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    remember that when Arizona goes to war with California over the trickle of water that's left in the Colorado River in the year 2062.

Anyway, I'd personally enjoy America more if we lost at least 45% of the population. Preferably Republicans. There are some pretty big swaths that I wouldn't miss if it became depopulated (actually it would be nice to gain some wilderness in lots of areas).

also related, I hate how hard it is to get permits via lottery for lots of backcountry activities at National Parks (or just to get camping reservations, forget the limited backcountry permits). I live in a national park town and recreate in the park often (hiking, rock climbing, nordic skiing, ice climbing, etc). Pretty soon I won't even be able to drive through certain areas without a reservation. I don't really want to plan weeks or months in advance if I want to go rock climbing at otter cliffs after work.

Comment

By all means, clean up the infrastructure to allow us to bring in more people. And there will still be complaints about those turned away. There are even environmental concerns with overpopulation which of course is a planet-wide issue. But it should never be our job to take every single person that wants to come here and worry about it down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                        So, the New York Times is manufacturing a Dems in Disarray meme? I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I tell ya!
                        The suits have to meet those sales and ad revenue targets to get their bonuses.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          Also related, I hate how hard it is to get permits via lottery for lots of backcountry activities at National Parks (or just to get camping reservations, forget the limited backcountry permits). I live in a national park town and recreate in the park often (hiking, rock climbing, nordic skiing, ice climbing, etc). Pretty soon I won't even be able to drive through certain areas without a reservation. I don't really want to plan weeks or months in advance if I want to go rock climbing at otter cliffs after work.
                          The overcrowding at some of our National Parks is obscene. They put 4,000,000+/yr through the "Disney theme park" experience on the bus at Zion. Glad I got my Observation Point hike done a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I don't have an affinity for the NYT. I just thought it was Trump who hated it. So is that article believable or not?
                            Its clickbait, nothing more. There's 770 or so superdelegates. The Times selectively chose 93 to interview, some of whom are already pledged to rival candidates, and found that these people are not on board with voting for Sanders in a hypothetical scenario of an open convention where Sanders doesn't have a majority of the delegates. No fuking s h it. What would you expect them to say if their own candidate still had a chance to secure the nomination? "Yeah, I'm with Mayor Pete but he's going to get smoked on Super Tuesday and then I'm happy to give Bernie my vote at the convention. Of course you can quote me on that. I'm sure Pete wouldn't mind seeing that in the paper a week or so before some major contests are decided."
                            Last edited by Rover; 02-27-2020, 12:08 PM.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              remember that when Arizona goes to war with California over the trickle of water that's left in the Colorado River in the year 2062.
                              Fake news. There is no drought. Besides, there'll be plenty of water because California would have already invaded the states to the east to release the river.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                That must be why rural towns will pay people to move there.
                                That’s because they have no economic reason to exist anymore.

When you travel and look at how over visited and unpleasant lots of places are becoming you realize it’s the global population not east bum-**** population that is the problem. I’m part of the crowd, but I’m also selfish and wish half the human population would disappear so I could enjoy myself more.

Comment

Working...
                                X