Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Or do you keep coming back to watch trix go at it with ...everyone?
    Watching that is kind of dessert, actually.

I know people here don't believe me, but I do wish the D candidate the best of luck in November against Trump. But I'll be honest, when I read this thread (and its predecessors) with the understanding that this is basically the smart, college educated wing of the Democratic Party, I'd be lying if I said I'm not skeptical about the D's ability to mend fences and get everyone behind whoever the nominee might be.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Wasn't that the same fear from 2008-2016 amongst the fringe Right?

I'd say be more afraid of Ivanka running in 2024 with dad's full endorsement.
      that's effectively the same thing. same policies, same people running everything, same family funneling money into their businesses

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
        Yup his remarks on transgender frosted me. (and I said Democrat - not liberal democrat)
        Yeah you arent one of those either. Democrats dont vote Libertarian ESPECIALLY against Trump. You really got to work on your lies they are way too easy to poke holes in.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Wasn't that the same fear from 2008-2016 amongst the fringe Right?
          The difference is that Trump himself has also alluded to the idea that he should be allowed to continue.
          As for the candidates:

Power to the people: Bernie calls for federal takeover of electricity production
          Sanders wants federally owned utilities to build massive amounts of wind and solar to compete with private generators, but critics say that would complicate an already tricky transition to clean energy.

And like Sanders' healthcare plan, the green energy push would muscle many of the country's biggest companies out of the business.

A Sanders administration would pour funding into the four existing "power marketing administrations" that are overseen by the Energy Department, as well as the Tennessee Valley Authority and one newly created entity, to vastly expand their solar, wind and geothermal power production.
          But critics say that government expansion won't sit well in many parts of the country, including some places Democrats will need to defeat President Donald Trump.

“What the Sanders proposal would do is create an 800-pound federally owned power gorilla that would make it very hard for the existing generators to compete,” said Josh Freed, head of energy and climate policy at Third Way, a centrist think tank that opposes the Sanders plan. “I think a plan like this could turn off voters in large parts of the country. It would have challenges in Pennsylvania, Michigan — a lot of the states that are competitive for the election.”
          Energy analysts, however, caution that Sanders’s 2030 plan would require a federal infrastructure investment not seen since the construction of the interstate highway system. To get close to Sanders' 100 percent clean energy goal by 2030, researchers estimate the U.S. would need to add about 800 GW of wind and solar resources — about 25 times the amount the federal government expects to be built this year — along with ample amounts of battery storage and transmission. The Sanders camp forecasts that would cost about $2 trillion.

“Our best year for solar and wind — we’d have to multiply that by three and then sustain it for the next decade,” said Sonia Aggarwal, vice president at the analysis firm Energy Innovation, which advises world governments on their climate targets.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            that's effectively the same thing. same policies, same people running everything, same family funneling money into their businesses
            It's all good when the family name is Clinton? Kennedy?
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

A Third Way dumbass doesn't like the Green New Deal and is using Reagan talking points to attack it, back to the drawing board!
              Hey at least some of the people in this party are sick of the oligarchy and have plans to do something about. You on the other hand just keep doubling down on Trump lol.
              Last edited by trixR4kids; 02-19-2020, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Who said that? Most dems don’t worship the old names like y’all do with St Ronnie

Comment

The only cases where it actually happened were Adams and Bush. The Harrisons, Roosevelts, and Madison/Taylor/Polk are close.

This is fun.

LBJ and Obama are 4th cousins 3x removed.
                  Last edited by Kepler; 02-19-2020, 12:20 PM.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    The difference is that Trump himself has also alluded to the idea that he should be allowed to continue.
                    As for the candidates:

Power to the people: Bernie calls for federal takeover of electricity production
                    Sanders wants federally owned utilities to build massive amounts of wind and solar to compete with private generators, but critics say that would complicate an already tricky transition to clean energy.
                    Bernie, put the effort into energy storage, not generation.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Your "point" is ****ing stupid and it's obvious you don't actually care more about saving our democracy than trivial BS centrist talking points.
                      If you say so Jack ***.

Still wondering who you'll vote for if/when your boy isn't the nominee. Trump is the enemy here...something you BernBros haven't fully figured out yet.
                      Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 02-19-2020, 12:29 PM.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Did we have multiple Kennedys or Clintons elected to the white house in a row, and were they using the office to funnel money into their golf resorts? And Ivanka is already part of this administration. It would certainly be a continuation with the same staff

Funny you left Bush off your list.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Still wondering who you'll vote for if/when your boy isn't the nominee. Trump is the enemy here...something you BernBros haven't fully figured out yet.
                          Anyone who stands in the way of progress and paves the way for more fascism is the enemy. That includes Trump but also a lot of other people, including Bloomberg and some of the other candidates in this primary. I realize this is probably a lot to process for someone from St. Cloud though.

Comment

Imagine actually believing that Warren's campaign has been "Grass roots funded".

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Anyone who stands in the way of progress and paves the way for more fascism is the enemy. That includes Trump but also a lot of other people, including Bloomberg and some of the other candidates in this primary. I realize this is probably a lot to process for someone from St. Cloud though.
                              So no answer and a personal shot.
                              Expected no less.
                              Glad to know you'll help Trump win again.
                              I'll say the same to you as I did to Ticap then...if he wins and you didn't vote D regardless...shut the hell up about anything because you were part of the problem.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

I already answered that question but we all know reading comprehension isn't exactly well taught at your alma mater.

If you don't vote for the candidate with the best chance of beating Trump and someone else ends up losing to Trump you're just as much a part of the problem bud!

Comment

Working...
                                X