Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by psych View Post
    270towin’s website has the Dakotas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Idaho, Wyoming, Alaska, and Utah voting Republican since 1968, so the past 13 elections straight. Since 1976, MN (boo yah, grandma) voting blue the past 11, and Texas, MS, AL, and SC voting red since 1980.
    In defense, Alaska has had multiple Democratic Senators and Governors in that time.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Democratic Challengers 10: If we stop fighting Nazis, the world will die.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Everyone in this room but a few people wants him gone as badly as you do. In that regard you're overreacting.
      rotflmao
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        In defense, Alaska has had multiple Democratic Senators and Governors in that time.
        I know. My uncle lives in Fairbanks (Democrat last I checked), so I keep track a little bit of what happens up there. It's too bad Begich inadvertently helped take down Bill Walker in 2018. Has anyone knocked on your door to collect your signature for the Recall Dunleavy effort?

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
          There's a number of factors at play:
          - Is someone who voted for Trump the first time really not going to vote for him the second time? It's not like none of the things he's done were totally unpredictable.
          - If someone is at this point motivated to not vote for Trump, given the overwhelming list of reasons not to, is someone going to specifically not vote for a particular Dem candidate? I've said before I'm voting for whoever it is among the remaining 5/6, so I'm clearly not someone who can read every else's mind here.
          - Is there a candidate who will push people to the polls to vote against Trump who weren't already going? Again, I'm not the best person to render a verdict here. People say Bernie here; were Bernie voters, being as active and vocal as many are, though, really going to allow a second Trump term if he weren't the nominee.
          - Is there a candidate who will have an active GOTO effort, above the usual party efforts? Here's where I think it might get interesting. I think a big part of winning is having an active ground game in the states that matter, with really interested and active volunteers knocking on doors, driving people to the polls, just in general having a noteworthy physical presence. This doesn't mean every person they get to vote for their candidate is as gung-ho as they are, far from it, but in the end a vote is a vote. This is where honestly the Bernie campaign is intriguing, because of all of the candidates they would fit this description the best.
          That's putting it simply.

; ) Seriously though, this is one of the most complex elections in my lifetime. Probably the most complex
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Just figured out what it is that annoys me so much about Klobuchar. It's that annoying perma-smile she's always wearing. Just screams out 'phony politician'.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Just figured out what it is that annoys me so much about Klobuchar. It's that annoying perma-smile she's always wearing. Just screams out 'phony politician'.
              She was probably told to smile more.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Sure. And you realize you're in the minority, right? That's why Hillary lost. Democrats wouldn't come out and vote for her. So, it's entirely logical to start nipping that **** in the bud right now.
                I don't think he is. Otherwise Bernie wouldn't be getting 25% of the vote, he'd be getting a significantly higher %. We've discussed this.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  You have some issues, dude.
                  Kids in cages? No muslims? Blatant racism against Latinos? Wiping his *** with the constitution?
                  Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Kids in cages? No muslims? Blatant racism against Latinos? Wiping his *** with the constitution?
                    I mean kep has issues, but not for what he’s being called out here for. Ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      rotflmao
                      I guess that's a step up from lololololol.

Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I don't think he is. Otherwise Bernie wouldn't be getting 25% of the vote, he'd be getting a significantly higher %. We've discussed this.
                        It is well known that Hillary suppressed the Democratic vote.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          I mean kep has issues, but not for what he’s being called out here for. Ridiculous
                          The only ridiculous thing is making a comparison to Hitler. You won't find me defending Trump for much of anything but I'm sorry, invoking Hitler is asinine.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            The only ridiculous thing is making a comparison to Hitler. You won't find me defending Trump for much of anything but I'm sorry, invoking Hitler is asinine.
                            I suppose in fairness he's more Mussolini but the trains still don't run on time.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              You have some issues, dude.
                              https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...oI1Lw8nKxoMr54

To begin to answer that question, it is essential to recognize that in the past three years, Republicans have embraced six principles destructive of constitutional government. First, the president has the right to negate separation of powers supervision by preventing Congress from obtaining relevant evidence of executive misconduct. Second, he has the right to use the powers of office to pressure foreign governments to intervene in American elections to serve his personal purposes. Third, the president has the right to utilize federal agencies to serve his personal purposes.

Next, he has the right to compel the Justice Department to protect his friends while investigating and prosecuting his enemies. Fifth, he has the right to use legislative appropriations for his own purposes rather than those of Congress. Finally, he cannot be impeached because removal from office would then illegitimately overturn a presidential election.

All those principles are not only unfounded and antithetical to American constitutional government, but they are also lethal to any party that does not control the presidency. That undeniable consequence of their actions suggests that Republicans have, like King Richard III, bet their future on a cast of dice and is prepared to gamble that in 2020, they can maintain control of the presidency and then cement their control as permanent.
                              Finally, Republicans believe that if they control the presidency and Senate for four more years, they can forge the Supreme Court into a guaranteed party instrument no longer dependent on majorities. They believe they can create a high court that will reliably adopt all their policy goals, bow to presidential power, and affirm whatever expanded entrenchments they deem desirable. It no longer seems far fetched that Republicans are now planning this. Their gamble in 2020 could be fatal not just for Democrats, but for constitutional government itself. Only a massive and determined popular effort to prevent the reelection of Donald Trump can stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                She was probably told to smile more.
                                Nobody smiles when they talk unless they're glad-handing people. And when you're glad-handing people, you're putting on an act. And hers is horribly transparent, and off-putting. At least to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X