New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Interesting point if view from Adam Wodon. Gotta say I agree with him this time.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...,-New-CCHA.php

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
      Interesting point if view from Adam Wodon. Gotta say I agree with him this time.

I don't and I think he thinks he knows more about our league than he does. For instance, he says Bemidji will be good once every 5 years.

I thought they were better last year honestly.
      Those guys were SHOCKED when NMU beat BU this year. And they were surprised when they played Cornell as close as they did.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        I don't and I think he thinks he knows more about our league than he does. For instance, he says Bemidji will be good once every 5 years.

I thought they were better last year honestly.
        Those guys were SHOCKED when NMU beat BU this year. And they were surprised when they played Cornell as close as they did.
        Where is any of that said?I feel like you made all of that up. It also has nothing to do with what was posted.
        Last edited by ScoobyFanClub; 02-19-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post

That was a good read - thanks!
          When I commented about Miami I had forgotten that my son had told me they weren't happy with the cost and distance of travel in the NCHC which definitely could be a factor in wanting to be a part of the new CCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post
            Where is any of that said?
            Todays podcast. Which otherwise was a waste of time listening to. Well besides Bill Crawford, who was good. Chasing the MacNaughton is a lot better.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              Todays podcast. Which otherwise was a waste of time listening to. Well besides Bill Crawford, who was good. Chasing the MacNaughton is a lot better.
              you'll need to do better than that.

Interestingly Bemidji has been more than 2 games over .500 once in 10 years. So, every 5 years seems about right - depending on your definition of good, I guess. You said they were better last year, when their record was 15-17-6. This year, 18-8. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                When I commented about Miami I had forgotten that my son had told me they weren't happy with the cost and distance of travel in the NCHC which definitely could be a factor in wanting to be a part of the new CCHA.
                Interesting read. I hadn't really paid much attention to Miami and Western before, but watching them on CBSSN this year, I think I do agree with some of the points made about recruiting. I think Western has been able to leverage their spot in the NCHC to get some high quality players. Guys like McGing, Allison, Frank, and Attard were coveted by pretty much everyone when they played in the USHL. The Miami guys (for the most part) weren't nearly as highly sought after in the USHL. The question would be, if you're Miami, why would you think switching conferences to one without TV exposure, without a national TV contract, without having the last 4 national champs, would IMPROVE your recruiting?

Comment

I don't think Wodon is suggesting anything in his article which isn't obviously apparent.

I have no contacts anywhere. My only information is what I read here, basically, and I could have told you that....
                  1) Miami would consider moving to the new CCHA
                  2) WMU might, but likely won't....based on their comments when the NCHC was born
                  3) NCHC would NOT be excited about Mankato or Bemidji joining them, because neither has sufficient panache

4) Alaska schools and Huntsville have financial issues
                  5) ASU isn't a good fit for any conference...

Those things are just clear from a little bit of common knowledge.

If there is something interesting in that article, it's the suggestion that RoMo, Mercyhurst, Niagara or Canisius might be interested....

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                    I don't think Wodon is suggesting anything in his article which isn't obviously apparent.
                    3) NCHC would NOT be excited about Mankato or Bemidji joining them, because neither has sufficient panache
                    It was always my understanding that Mankato was going to be added to the NCHC when they and ASU applied for membership. Only reason they didn't get in is because of ASU. ASU will need to get shovels in the ground and start construction on their new ice rink before the NCHC considers them.

Comment

• Re: New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Mankato doesn't have the panache of those recently great hockey schools Omaha and Miami?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        THE NCHC EXIT FEE IS CURRENTLY $1.5 MILLION.

If Miami feels that they can pi** away a million and a half dollars to get out of their "awful" travel situation while still being able to spruce up the amenities to make the place more appealing to recruits, then more power to them.

They made this mess. They're the ones who agreed that Denver, Colorado Springs, Omaha, Grand Forks, and Duluth were much easier places to travel to in the winter instead of Bowling Green, Big Rapids, and Sault Ste. Marie.

They're not leaving the NCHC unless a donor cuts a check for them.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          Mankato doesn't have the panache of those recently great hockey schools Omaha and Miami?
                          Have you ever done a road trip to Oxford or Omaha? PANACHE!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Have you ever done a road trip to Oxford or Omaha? PANACHE!
                            Indeed.

Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              THE NCHC EXIT FEE IS CURRENTLY $1.5 MILLION.

If Miami feels that they can pi** away a million and a half dollars to get out of their "awful" travel situation while still being able to spruce up the amenities to make the place more appealing to recruits, then more power to them.
                              They've got the money, I know what my kid's tuition cost. I feel like I nearly gave them that amount!
                              But that brings up another question, did Miami eventually pay Enrico his $400,000 buyout? They had a "no cause" provision in his contract with one condition tied to his buyout.
                              To get the buyout money the terms were he must actively seek new employment and if he found a job that pays over $100,000 then they owed him nothing. I don't recall who got the money, Miami or Enrico?
                              My other question is what's wrong with Miami's amenities?

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                                Enough. No one "dictated" anything to anyone. Bowling Green did not put a gun to the heads of your NMU and BSU athletic directors. The schools you root for could have easily told the organizing committee "Thanks but no thanks." But they didn't. And this "acting better than your conference mates" is nothing more than projection on your part. I understand people are upset and hurt (to put it mildly) and rightfully so. And I understand my school has to be the lightning rod because we've been the most vocal about the league. But I have to throw the BS flag when the conversation veers off the cliff.
                                You severely underestimate the “you can come with us, the only D-1 school in the conference and therefore the only school that has a say in important rules changes or be on your own and suffer at the whims of everyone else” factor.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X