Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Well the Huntington Center in Toledo is only 20 minutes from BG.
    Since BG owns all rights related to anything CCHA perhaps they get to dictate some things favorable to them?
    BG is only better than the other 6 schools in their own eyes. **** off with that line of thought.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      The same Gwozdecky that assisted in the orchestration of formation of the NCHC, and then was fired before ever coaching a game in his shiny new league?
      and comforted his players with ice cream after they trashed their hotel rooms in Houghton.

and did not reprimand his player who used a racial slur against a Michigan Tech player.

and refused to travel to Houghton.

just the guy.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
        BG is only better than the other 6 schools in their own eyes. **** off with that line of thought.
        You know moose I'm impartial in this and only throwing questions out for discussion so why don't you chill a bit there buddy?

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          Would CCHA belts be contested/unified if they are technically still WCHA until the 2021-22 season?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          Someone suggested that we track CCHA and CHA belts when the leagues folded with everyone around at the end eligible.. My idea is to keep doing that until 2021-22 when schools like NMU won't be eligible anymore.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
            You know moose I'm impartial in this and only throwing questions out for discussion so why don't you chill a bit there buddy?
            I don't care if you're impartial. The notion that one school should dictate anything about any conference is bull****. Alabama isn't bigger than the SEC nor is Ohio State bigger than the Big 10. Unless you're Notre Dame who's been independent since forever in football, you need your conference members on your side. Not to act like you are better than them.

And, I say this as a NMU & BSU fan who currently lives closer to BG/Toledo (2 hours) than any other college hockey team, so having it at the Huntington Center would personally benefit me over the teams. And I still think its a terrible idea
            Last edited by moose97; 02-19-2020, 11:53 AM.

AHA:
            ECAC:

Comment

I don't care if you're impartial. The notion that one school should dictate anything about any conference is bull****. Alabama isn't bigger than the SEC nor is Ohio State bigger than the Big 10. Unless you're Notre Dame who's been independent since forever in football, you need your conference members on your side. Not to act like you are better than them.

And, I say this as a NMU & BSU fan who currently lives closer to BG/Toledo (2 hours) than any other college hockey team, so having it at the Huntington Center would personally benefit me over the teams. And I still think its a terrible idea
              Enough. No one "dictated" anything to anyone. Bowling Green did not put a gun to the heads of your NMU and BSU athletic directors. The schools you root for could have easily told the organizing committee "Thanks but no thanks." But they didn't. And this "acting better than your conference mates" is nothing more than projection on your part. I understand people are upset and hurt (to put it mildly) and rightfully so. And I understand my school has to be the lightning rod because we've been the most vocal about the league. But I have to throw the BS flag when the conversation veers off the cliff.

Comment

The only location that would make logical sense for a non-campus site championship would be in the Chicago area. I’d be surprised if they went away from the campus site for playoffs though.
                Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                  Enough. No one "dictated" anything to anyone. Bowling Green did not put a gun to the heads of your NMU and BSU athletic directors. The schools you root for could have easily told the organizing committee "Thanks but no thanks." But they didn't. And this "acting better than your conference mates" is nothing more than projection on your part. I understand people are upset and hurt (to put it mildly) and rightfully so. And I understand my school has to be the lightning rod because we've been the most vocal about the league. But I have to throw the BS flag when the conversation veers off the cliff.
                  I wasn't directing my angst towards BG. I was directing it towards @Hockeybuckeye who suggested that BG should be able to dictate things [emoji2369]

AHA:
                  ECAC:

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                    The only location that would make logical sense for a non-campus site championship would be in the Chicago area. I’d be surprised if they went away from the campus site for playoffs though.
                    If you thought the Thursday CCHA game was empty, that's how any Chicago venue would look for a CCHA weekend. This is a Blackhawks town. Even support for the AHL Wolves is waning, and somehow the USHL Steel are making a go of it with poor turnout at a park district rink in the west suburbs. (To be honest, the Steel have been great to watch these last few years, and I'm spoiled with them in practically my backyard.)

Northwestern or DePaul would have been a logical choice to test the D1 Hockey waters (UIC will likely never field a team again unfortunately). But, no school capitalized on the meteoric success of the Blackhawks which is now fading. The nearest D1 hockey school is Notre Dame, and they trialed a winter tourney a decade ago in the region and quickly killed that idea.

Shy of Green Bay (which would be a pain-in-the-dick for FSU and BGSU), campus sites make the best sense.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I wasn't directing my angst towards BG. I was directing it towards @Hockeybuckeye who suggested that BG should be able to dictate things [emoji2369]
                      Moose you completely misunderstood what I said. I showed a quote from aparch that he made about championships in Toledo. I made a comment that was response to him and a speculative question, not an accusation that influence was happening or should happen. You got worked up for nothing.
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-19-2020, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Well here's a different question. let's say both Miami and wmu did indeed agree to switch. How would they fare in the new league. Would they, as they believe walk away with it. Wipe the floor with the other teams and get a bid every year? Or would they be another mid-pack team.
                        Second, WMU thinks somehow that by switching they will hurt their recruiting. they are happy where they are, even if they have a losing season most years.

What's the groups' opinion of this.
                        Personally I think they will be mid pack. They have played the other teams in their conference tough, yes but.... they have a S*** rink, they have an old coach who is past his prime and they don't understand, and neither does all those know it all writers from Boston, that College hockey is very even. Because you play in the NCHC or any other league, it doesn't mean you will automatically have a better nhl career, or get any more exposure and make more money in your career or learn hockey better or whatever.
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Well here's a different question. let's say both Miami and wmu did indeed agree to switch. How would they fare in the new league. Would they, as they believe walk away with it. Wipe the floor with the other teams and get a bid every year? Or would they be another mid-pack team.
                          Second, WMU thinks somehow that by switching they will hurt their recruiting. they are happy where they are, even if they have a losing season most years.

Personally I think they will be mid pack. They have played the other teams in their conference tough, yes but.... they have a S*** rink, they have an old coach who is past his prime and they don't understand, and neither does all those know it all writers from Boston, that College hockey is very even. Because you play in the NCHC or any other league, it doesn't mean you will automatically have a better nhl career, or get any more exposure and make more money in your career or learn hockey better or whatever.
                          My son is a Miami alum and I spend a fair amount of time in Oxford so I'll take a guess here that if the new conference could be an option for them I think they will be in a wait and see mode.
                          I believe first and foremost they will want to see if the program will rebound in time now that Enrico is gone and if the new coaching staff can achieve restoration of the program before they think of going elsewhere conference wise.
                          As they are now they won't dominate any conference.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Miami would probably still be near the bottom of the new league, at least for a few years. I think recruiting may be easier if they were part of the new CCHA, since even though you're not playing against some of the big names like NoDak, Denver, SCSU,etc, you're likely to win a few more games in the new CCHA.

Western would probably be like how Mankato or MTU was when the nWCHA shook out - be either at or near the top of the table. I don't think they run away with it, but if they've been fielding good teams the last couple of seasons.

just my few cents. But the fact is nobody can know how a team is going to do year over year. I certainly didn't expect last year's LSSU team, just like I didn't expect after last season to be looking at 10 wins this season. Blegh.
                            LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

I would be pretty happy if WMU and Miami came back, but I’m not sure they would want to.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                                Since the campus site championship games have been completely sold out, is there a reason we'd want to quit doing them on campus?

Comment

Working...
                                X