New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
    Not beating any dead horses. Just setting the record straight. It wasn't the B1G that caused the major realignment.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Even if the NCHC didn't form right away...to think there would be no movement or any other changes is ridiculous.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Re: New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      My question is since Bowling Green has the Mason Cup tucked away somewhere I wonder if it will be the conference championship trophy again?
      It will be the playoff trophy. The MacNaughton Cup will continue to be the regular season prize.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        It will be the playoff trophy. The MacNaughton Cup will continue to be the regular season prize.
        Correct. The Mason Cup has always been the playoff trophy.

https://msuspartans.com/news/2000/10..._Of_Mason.aspx
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Correct. The Mason Cup has always been the playoff trophy.
          You know, what's irked me is every time in recent years I've gone to BG when we've played them the Mason Cup was never anywhere to be seen on display in their arena and nobody there could tell me where it was.

Comment

Another thought I had is when the CCHA was no more it meant it's former player's records & stats could never be broken by anyone.
            Now that it's revived that's no longer the case. I'll have to ask Paul Pooley about his thoughts on it when I see him this weekend.

Comment

I still don’t understand why the responsibility of propping up three far flung, struggling, potentially non-viable programs is solely the responsibility of these seven schools.

Is there a rule preventing the NCHC or Big Ten from inviting them to join in order to save these programs? No. They just don’t care enough either. The CCHA schools that were lumped in with the Alaska’s and Alabama never chose to associate with them. It just so happened the rest of college hockey chose not to associate with any of the nWCHA. Why does every other program in the country get to choose their conference mates but these seven schools don’t?

Comment

In case anyone cares, NMU currently holds the CCHA Belt with Lake State holding a 3x3 Alternate Belt which it gained when it defeated Alaska on 1/11. They could be unified over the weekend.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  In case anyone cares, NMU currently holds the CCHA Belt with Lake State holding a 3x3 Alternate Belt which it gained when it defeated Alaska on 1/11. They could be unified over the weekend.
                  Would CCHA belts be contested/unified if they are technically still WCHA until the 2021-22 season?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                    I still don’t understand why the responsibility of propping up three far flung, struggling, potentially non-viable programs is solely the responsibility of these seven schools.

Is there a rule preventing the NCHC or Big Ten from inviting them to join in order to save these programs? No. They just don’t care enough either. The CCHA schools that were lumped in with the Alaska’s and Alabama never chose to associate with them. It just so happened the rest of college hockey chose not to associate with any of the nWCHA. Why does every other program in the country get to choose their conference mates but these seven schools don’t?
                    I agree. Every other school - including the most successful and sustainable ones - get a pass for not extending the 3 schools conference affiliation. But the 7 who are just getting by get the blame?
                    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                    ECAC:
                    HEA: UMass
                    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

My thoughts are if the B1G were to get two more conference schools start hockey programs then ND could be out at that point as they would no longer be needed?
                      If so, what conference would they end up in?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        My thoughts are if the B1G were to get two more conference schools start hockey programs then ND could be out at that point as they would no longer be needed?
                        If so, what conference would they end up in?
                        Wasn't it their TV deal that kept them from joining the Nacho's in the beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                          Wasn't it their TV deal that kept them from joining the Nacho's in the beginning?
                          It's interesting how they've kept that. Their game with the Gophers last weekend was on NBCSN, not the Big 10 Network. I'm surprised the Big 10 tolerates that.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                            That was reported to be the sticking point, yes.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                              It's interesting how they've kept that. Their game with the Gophers last weekend was on NBCSN, not the Big 10 Network. I'm surprised the Big 10 tolerates that.
                              And the majority owner of the BTN is Fox.

Comment

Isn't ASU still without a conference deal? ASU just need several more schools along with the WHCA orphans and they can form a new conference too.
                                Maybe it's time for some California schools to join the ranks of college hockey?

Comment

Working...
                                X