Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
    Any word on where the new headquarters will be? I'm betting near Bowling Green, but with the leaks coming out of Sault Ste. Marie and it being fairly centrally located, maybe the Soo gets the nod. It is the original Hockeytown USA after all according to one of the 2 commercials that they have during Laker TV broadcasts.
    Your first guess is probably closer. BG owns the rights to all things CCHA. They made sure of that when it folded..just in case...

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
      I haven't been following this too close lately. What happens to the two Alaska teams and Alabama?
      Best case scenario? A scheduling alliance with each other and maybe Arizona State. Maybe some good relations with Atlantic Hockey? Selling the benefits of the Alaska exemption to get home non-con dates from other schools?

Odds of 2-3 savior schools out west (much less >5 saviors in the southeast) are pretty slim.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

As long as Shepherd has nothing to do with officials and they allow checking in this new "CCHA" league and don't treat it like old man hockey/women's hockey. I'm ok with the new league name.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
          Your first guess is probably closer. BG owns the rights to all things CCHA. They made sure of that when it folded..just in case...
          Well, BGSU was the only remaining inaugural CCHA school, LSSU is second longest (one year short). It only made sense that either of those schools held onto the information. (Plus, tax records needed to be kept for 10 years was it?)
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
            Also:
            Championship weekend in Toledo?

Hope the league is picking up the Fan Fest bar tab...

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

All this conference chaos is the fault of the Big Ten. There were no issues until they gutted 2 conferences!

Comment

CCHA It doesn't bode well that their genius marketing consultant spelled his own email address wrong in the press release.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  All this conference chaos is the fault of the Big Ten. There were no issues until they gutted 2 conferences!
                  Don't blame the B1G. The CCHA and the WCHA would have been just fine if the Nacho didn't gut the 2 conferences.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Also:
                    Championship weekend in Toledo?

Hope the league is picking up the Fan Fest bar tab...
                    They better keep the playoffs on campus.

Comment

Forgive me if this is obvious, but this was just a backdoor way of kicking out the Alaskas and UAH. No?
                      Bentley University Hockey
                      On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                        Forgive me if this is obvious, but this was just a backdoor way of kicking out the Alaskas and UAH. No?
                        It's easier for seven to leave than it is for them to kick 3 out. It sucks, I'm not proud of Tech being part of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                          Don't blame the B1G. The CCHA and the WCHA would have been just fine if the Nacho didn't gut the 2 conferences.
                          Can always rely on a Tech fan to ritually beat the dead horse when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                            It's easier for seven to leave than it is for them to kick 3 out. It sucks, I'm not proud of Tech being part of it.

I'm going to look on the bright side. LSSU won't have any outdated WCHA Champions banners hanging at Abel Arena. Recruits are going to come in and see all those CCHA Champions banners up there and think the Lakers run the league.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                              Can always rely on a Tech fan to ritually beat the dead horse when needed.
                              It’s easier to blame the Big Ten for doing exactly the thing we all knew for years that they’d do if they had a sixth…
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                                Anchorage was now unofficially told off twice in a decade.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X