New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Potential finalists for the commissioners job. Scroll to the end of the article.

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...2de90da03.html

Comment

I feel like any of those three choices would give the reborn CCHA an instant boost of seriousness, but perhaps Buisman has the most intimate knowledge of small school concerns, the issues with the current conference, and what it takes to really build a program into a contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I feel like any of those three choices would give the reborn CCHA an instant boost of seriousness, but perhaps Buisman has the most intimate knowledge of small school concerns, the issues with the current conference, and what it takes to really build a program into a contender.
        I will say, Kevin learned from his own mistakes, too. He knows there’s a reason his school was left out of the NCHC from the beginning, and the program had to look hard in the mirror on if it wanted to truly commit the resources necessary to make hockey the front porch to the university and compete at a high level consistently.
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

CacheCHA, amirite?

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            You may have forgotten that Lucia coached at both UAF and Colorado College before going to Minnesota. On your first and third points he's at least an equal if not superior.

Comment

Which one has the right plan to bring in revenue? How do you make the current league attractive to media, businesses, etc. Is there an idea to bring in sponsors besides a local MN maple syrup company?

The first one to present Wednesday night CCHAction on The Ocho is your winner.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                You may have forgotten that Lucia coached at both UAF and Colorado College before going to Minnesota. On your first and third points he's at least an equal if not superior.
                I don't disagree that he was at those schools and did well, but that was 20+ years ago. It a far different world now than it was then. I think Lucia is a good dude and have nothing but respect for him, but I'm not sure he's got the qualities that the CCHA is going to need to thrive. Remember, under his watch as coach at MN, attendance took a dive, results of the program took a dive, and nearly every fan of the program was ready for him to be done. His message to fans that were unhappy about the conferences was essentially "sorry, this is the way it is. Get over it." He may have a passion for the game and had a passion for small schools, but I'm just not sure that he would be the public face that the conference needs.
                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

I want McGinnis. He has strong ties to the Big Ten, and I think a healthy relationship with the Big Ten and CCHA would be a positive for Midwest hockey.

I would love a conference where Bemidji, Minnesota State, Michigan Tech, and Northern Michigan could have scheduling arrangements with Minnesota and Wisconsin while Lake Superior State, Ferris State, and Bowling Green could have scheduling relationships with Michigan State, Michigan, and Ohio State.

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                    I want McGinnis. He has strong ties to the Big Ten, and I think a healthy relationship with the Big Ten and CCHA would be a positive for Midwest hockey.

I would love a conference where Bemidji, Minnesota State, Michigan Tech, and Northern Michigan could have scheduling arrangements with Minnesota and Wisconsin while Lake Superior State, Ferris State, and Bowling Green could have scheduling relationships with Michigan State, Michigan, and Ohio State.
                    We haven’t played Wisconsin since the breakup of the oWCHA, and I can’t say anyone’s missed them. I’m not a Big hater, but other than Minnesota, I really don’t have any interest in any of their programs, and they certainly aren’t the national powers some of them used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                      I don't disagree that he was at those schools and did well, but that was 20+ years ago. It a far different world now than it was then. I think Lucia is a good dude and have nothing but respect for him, but I'm not sure he's got the qualities that the CCHA is going to need to thrive. Remember, under his watch as coach at MN, attendance took a dive, results of the program took a dive, and nearly every fan of the program was ready for him to be done. His message to fans that were unhappy about the conferences was essentially "sorry, this is the way it is. Get over it." He may have a passion for the game and had a passion for small schools, but I'm just not sure that he would be the public face that the conference needs.
                      I think the important point is that being a commissioner is a different job than being a coach. Lately, it seems like hockey commissioners' key jobs are building sponsorships, expanding media/broadcast coverage, and keeping the members happy so they don't leave when other conferences come calling. I like Lucia on a number of levels, but have no idea how he would do in some of these functions. Maybe some closer observers of UMN hockey will have a better idea of whether he would check some of the boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                        I think the important point is that being a commissioner keeping the members happy so they don't leave when other conferences come calling.
                        Any body gets the call..they are gone. Also donnie would have a no hit girls league.
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          We haven’t played Wisconsin since the breakup of the oWCHA, and I can’t say anyone’s missed them. I’m not a Big hater, but other than Minnesota, I really don’t have any interest in any of their programs, and they certainly aren’t the national powers some of them used to be.
                          I agree with you from a BSU perspective. I think Beaver fans like the games against North Dakota, Duluth and now St. Cloud showing up on the schedule. There have been a sprinkling of games against the Goofs, but until they make a return trip to Bemidji, ehh. Wisconsin hasn't been on the schedule since the old WCHA fell apart, and before that when the Beavers were in the CHA, I can only maybe recall one series against them, and that was in Madison.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            You must of forgotten he was at UAA first under Kalvin.
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Lucia? Can we start with the hair jokes now?
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Hey guys, can we come play?!

GFM
                                Geof F. Morris
                                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Working...