Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    Mankato doesn't have the panache of those recently great hockey schools Omaha and Miami?
    Mettler's SCREAMS panache. And Hep C. But mostly panache!

On a more serious note, as much as I'd like to see us in the NCHC, playing SCSU, UMD, NoDak, and UNO on a regular basis, I don't really see what's in it for the NCHC. They've won 4 straight national championships, they have a national TV contract, the 2017 Hobey winner, etc., etc. Why change anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      You severely underestimate the “you can come with us, the only D-1 school in the conference and therefore the only school that has a say in important rules changes or be on your own and suffer at the whims of everyone else” factor.
      this is silly. they all needed each other. it doesn't work any other way. BG was gonna go form a new CCHA with 5 teams? bzzzt. Mankato and Bemidji were gonna hang out in the WCHA with the other 3 leftovers? bzzzt. Pretty absurd idea that BG was holding anyone hostage.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post
        this is silly. they all needed each other. it doesn't work any other way. BG was gonna go form a new CCHA with 5 teams? bzzzt. Mankato and Bemidji were gonna hang out in the WCHA with the other 3 leftovers? bzzzt. Pretty absurd idea that BG was holding anyone hostage.
        Do you have any idea of the dynamics of college athletics? Having a vote on issues like recruiting rules and player eligibility is a BFD. If your one voice at the table goes “this is BS, we want out” you’re just gonna go “k bye”?
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          The same Gwozdecky that assisted in the orchestration of formation of the NCHC
          Ability to start a new league....Check!
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            Ability to start a new league....Check!
            *checks notes*

Looks like the Not So Good Sam Seven had no problem pulling their own Gwozdecki and started a conference without him.

Still failing to see what he can bring to the table before the CCHA fires his a** five months before they start playing hockey.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              You severely underestimate the “you can come with us, the only D-1 school in the conference and therefore the only school that has a say in important rules changes or be on your own and suffer at the whims of everyone else” factor.
              The MAC gets one vote in “important NCAA rule changes.” There are three MAC hockey schools, two of which are in the NCHC. You grossly overestimate the power of our all D1 status.

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                Mettler's SCREAMS panache. And Hep C. But mostly panache!

On a more serious note, as much as I'd like to see us in the NCHC, playing SCSU, UMD, NoDak, and UNO on a regular basis, I don't really see what's in it for the NCHC. They've won 4 straight national championships, they have a national TV contract, the 2017 Hobey winner, etc., etc. Why change anything?
                You are in the middle of the NCHC geographic footprint while Miami is an outlier. You will vastly outdraw Miami in Frozen Faceoff fan attendance. You greatly improve the league pairwise over Miami thereby improving odds of another team getting in to the NCAAs. Those are off the top of my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                  The MAC gets one vote in “important NCAA rule changes.” There are three MAC hockey schools, two of which are in the NCHC. You grossly overestimate the power of our all D1 status.
                  One vote is still infinitely more valuable than no vote.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by jimjamesak View Post
                    one third of a vote easily overruled by your other conference mates is only marginally more valuable than no vote.
                    fyp

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                      fyp
                      It’s wonderful how naive most of you are.

Not the first time around here.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        It’s wonderful how naive most of you are.

Not the first time around here.
                        I’ll take “Naive vs. Uneducated” for $200, Alex.

Edit: OK, I went overboard. I should have said "I'll take 'Naive vs. Won't Listen Because I'm P.i.s.s.e.d Off" for $200, Alex."
                        Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 02-19-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                          The only location that would make logical sense for a non-campus site championship would be in the Chicago area. I’d be surprised if they went away from the campus site for playoffs though.
                          Why not Detroit? All of the Michigan schools have alumni nearby and it would work for Bowling Green, too.
                          Last edited by Schadenfreude; 02-19-2020, 06:59 PM.
                          Bowling Green: 1984 National Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Schadenfreude View Post
                            Why not Detroit? All of the Michigan schools have alumni nearby and it would work for Bowling Green, too.
                            Why not Detroit?

Because the highest seeded team in the championship doesn't play their home games there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Schadenfreude View Post
                              Detroit was a ghost town when the Big 10 played there. But smaller schools will fill it? Let’s stick to on campus games

Comment

• Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                                It was always my understanding that Mankato was going to be added to the NCHC when they and ASU applied for membership. Only reason they didn't get in is because of ASU. ASU will need to get shovels in the ground and start construction on their new ice rink before the NCHC considers them.
                                I’m fairly certain that the the CCHA resurrection was the first domino to fall for the Mavs to get to the NCHC. I don’t think it’s imminent, but I believe it will happen, based on what I’ve jeers through the he administrative grapevine.
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X