• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Also:
    Championship weekend in Toledo?
    Why in the hell would the conference have a tournament in a city further east than any member institution? The geographic center is closest to Green Bay, and that makes zero sense either. Keep it on campus.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

I can't wait until the new league sets up their website so fans can submit ideas for a new commissioner, new officials, tournament format/locations, overtime format, who should be the 8th team - if any, tv broadcast options, what kind of beer and hotdogs are available at the rink, etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        I can't wait until the new league sets up their website so fans can submit ideas for a new commissioner, new officials, tournament format/locations, overtime format, who should be the 8th team - if any, tv broadcast options, what kind of beer and hotdogs are available at the rink, etc.

Vollwerth's - King of Meats....every rink....no exceptions!

Comment

The Berry has Blackrocks, which is good. I'd like to see KBC Widowmaker available as well.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I haven't lived in Bemidji since 2013, but I'd put Stittsworth up against anything I've tried anywhere else
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              The Berry has Blackrocks, which is good. I'd like to see KBC Widowmaker available as well.
              All rinks should have a selection from the opponent's city and a locally brewed feature. I'd like to sample beers from around the league when they come to visit the Mac.

Comment

How about a strange scenario like this coming....

Miami and Western decide that the NACHO isn't really for them. Miami especially might fit this description. They are a natural fit to the new CCHA. Western as well, possibly. That leaves the NACHO with 6 teams. Barely viable. But, look at the footprint of it in that case....DU, CC, UND, UNO, UMD, St Cloud. Those are all getting pretty far west. ASU would fit there, for sure......

Could the future hold something like that?

Comment

The perfect guy to be commish for this league would be George Gwozdecky. Brought Miami program back when they were in the CCHA. Natty Champ as player, coach. Pro experience w/ Tampa Bay. Knows the college game
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                    Why in the hell would the conference have a tournament in a city further east than any member institution? The geographic center is closest to Green Bay, and that makes zero sense either. Keep it on campus.
                    Well the Huntington Center in Toledo is only 20 minutes from BG.
                    Since BG owns all rights related to anything CCHA perhaps they get to dictate some things favorable to them?

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                      I agree. Every other school - including the most successful and sustainable ones - get a pass for not extending the 3 schools conference affiliation. But the 7 who are just getting by get the blame?
                      Right and why does ASU escape blame bx when they pulled the plug on joining the WCHA, that was the end of the league.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                        How about a strange scenario like this coming....

Miami and Western decide that the NACHO isn't really for them. Miami especially might fit this description. They are a natural fit to the new CCHA. Western as well, possibly. That leaves the NACHO with 6 teams. Barely viable. But, look at the footprint of it in that case....DU, CC, UND, UNO, UMD, St Cloud. Those are all getting pretty far west. ASU would fit there, for sure......

Could the future hold something like that?
                        If you are really talking footprints, once you remove Miami and Western, the logical replacements would be Mankato and Bemidji is literally on the route between UND and UMD.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          The perfect guy to be commish for this league would be George Gwozdecky. Brought Miami program back when they were in the CCHA. Natty Champ as player, coach. Pro experience w/ Tampa Bay. Knows the college game
                          The same Gwozdecky that assisted in the orchestration of formation of the NCHC, and then was fired before ever coaching a game in his shiny new league?
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The best case scenario (which I don't think is realistic, just hoping) is that the reformation of the CCHA was the seven teams saying to UAF, UAA, UAH (and college hockey as a whole) "We have carried the load this far, now it is time for others to share the load.." Hopefully there are conversations behind the scenes to simply split these three up and find them all new homes, one per conference. It is not the fault of UAF, UAA or UAH where they are located. With only 60 D-I teams there are limited options for them, especially for the AK schools being so far out West. If they were located in London, half of the D-I teams would still be an easy flight away.

I would love to see ONE Alaska school (UAF for history's sake, no other reason) get added to the CCHA. Then the eyes of college hockey look to the NCHC or the BigTen to do their part and pick up UAA as the other Western conferences. (The BigTen already has Notre Dame so don't give me that "BigTen schools only" nonsense.) College hockey was better off with those two teams in separate conferences. More teams can utilize the AK exemption and no one has to complain about making to two trips to AK in one season. Then hopefully UAH could find a home in a third conference (Atlantic Hockey?) and ASU (if they ever build a rink) can land where ever. Most likely in the NCHC since all they care about is schools with big budgets.

Having UAF, UAA and UAH all in one conference was a travel disaster for everyone in the WCHA, including those three teams. Can you imagine if ASU had ended up in the current WCHA as well? They would have had to change their name to the Four Corners of the US Hockey Conference. I know UAH really wanted to be in a conference, but do you really think they wanted two of the teams to be located in AK if they had a choice? Do you really think the AK schools want everyone looking at them as "conference killers"? If college hockey really cares about growing the sport, then it is time for ALL of the conferences within reach to help support these programs, and that INCLUDES the nCCHA that is splitting from them.
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              Well the Huntington Center in Toledo is only 20 minutes from BG.
                              Since BG owns all rights related to anything CCHA perhaps they get to dictate some things favorable to them?
                              Will BG transfer all rights related to anything CCHA to the league once it is incorporated? I would think so.

And if they want to play close to home, learn home ice during the regular season. On campus > neutral sites.

Comment

If you are really talking footprints, once you remove Miami and Western, the logical replacements would be Mankato and Bemidji is literally on the route between UND and UMD.

This.

If Miami AND/OR Western can scrape together the hefty exit fee from the NCHC, that swap of four teams seems natural.

Then, at that point, the MACtion schools can whine about the Mackinac Bridge fare being a financial drain, and discuss taking Ferris and a couple AHA schools with them into a brand new UP-less conference.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X