New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    If the CCHA had wanted ASU, they would have been in by now. They blew it by not getting a rink done in a timely fashion or at the very least having something underway by now. The CCHA would likely rather have St Thomas from a geography standpoint, but they are still waiting on D-I approval. So much like ASU until that key detail changes, they won't get much serious attention from the CCHA. UAH has the inside track to get the 8th spot because they are already an active program with a suitable rink. They just need to stabilize their organization and line up a long term funding solution. I don't think the CCHA team would object to ONE long road trip per season. They did it for years in the old WCHA and CCHA. Doing 2 or 3 per season was where it got out of hand.
    I think you are correct about UAH, St Thomas. Concerning ASU it may have depended on CCHA or ASU terms. But the FEL, FEED is done for the arena, existing infrastructure utilities being checked as sometimes not everything made it into blueprints or redlined properly in the past. Groundbreaking due in November.

Comment

• Re: New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
      the hicks

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Michael honestly , tell us ......would it hurt if your momma whooped your dumb hick *** for being dumb enough to pose standing on funiture in a visiting teams hotel lobby and proudly post the pictures. ....................................... that's what I thought
        Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 06-02-2020, 01:34 AM.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
          Michael honestly , tell us ......would it hurt if your momma whooped your dumb hick *** for being dumb enough to pose standing on funiture in a visiting teams hotel lobby and proudly post the pictures. ....................................... that's what I thought
          Wow. That one really bothered you. I thought at the time you were posting in jest so if my replies offended, apologies.

That bear never stood a chance

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

That bear never stood a chance
            The bear said no, but the bully would not stop.
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

CHN reporting that Don Lucia is the front runner for the CCHA Commissioner role...

https://***********/chnews/status/12...814742016?s=21
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                Please know that I think we have those people and that we stand a half-decent shot at it. But it's just not done. It's barely started.
                I don't think UAH stands a chance, nor should the CCHA consider them, until they hire someone to be in charge of athletics development and fundraising. That would be a very reasonable use of a significant portion of this found money.
                UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                2006 Time Person of the Year
                Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
                  I don't think UAH stands a chance, nor should the CCHA consider them, until they hire someone to be in charge of athletics development and fundraising. That would be a very reasonable use of a significant portion of this found money.
                  I bet they do that very soon.
                  MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    I bet they do that very soon.
                    I'm not yet convinced.
                    UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
                    2006 Time Person of the Year
                    Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
                    It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Finally reset my password and got around to posting....

I hope UAH figures out a way to make it work. When Tech cut football, the alumni resuscitated the program and it's been doing well as far as I can tell. They did have an amazing season immediately afterward to spark enthusiasm for the program...believe it was the first GLIAC championship and definitely NCAA playoff appearance in 2004. No more than 5 years later, the field was upgraded with artificial turf and lighting. Now they're finishing up phase two of a significant stadium upgrade which will replace the relatively small press box/concession building. First phase installed in-hill seating, paved/expanded part of the VIP area, along with a premium parking lot that is about 1/8 the walk of the previous front rows reserved for VIP ticket holders (had tickets for 3 seasons until I had to move for work).

AFAIK the updates are primarily donor funded, I think I saw something someone posted here or an article that more people donate and in larger quantities when there's a goal and a specific objective amount stated. The MTU football program had about half a dozen funds, the field upgrade phases among them. Over half the price of all VIP season ticket sales go toward the Football Leadership Fund, which IIRC goes toward coaching salary or player scholarships and qualifies for a $200 tax deduction. The package includes all you can eat (does sometime run out of items) buffet, priority parking (new lot an extra $50 a season, regular parking $5 a game) and what used to be unlimited beer than ran out around 1st quarter is now 4 beer vouchers/ticket with beer until the 4th quarter. Could only buy 4-packs of tickets and came out around $20/ticket, but the recently introduced two packs for a little more...something like $25/ticket. Might be a little easier for football since as a season ticket holder, you're only committing to 5 or 6 games and they're all Saturdays.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        Re: New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

CHN reporting that Don Lucia is the front runner for the CCHA Commissioner role...

https://***********/chnews/status/12...814742016?s=21
                        tDon ain't going to be cheap. Going to have to pay him big time to ride the bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post

tDon ain't going to be cheap. Going to have to pay him big time to ride the bus.
                          I hear the league could get access to the infamous Potulny minivan...
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

I hear the league could get access to the infamous Potulny minivan...
                            Johnny driving?

Comment

• Hearing from reliable sources that Don Lucia will be introduced as the new CCHA Commissioner, likely this week and possibly as early as Wednesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                Hearing from reliable sources that Don Lucia will be introduced as the new CCHA Commissioner, likely this week and possibly as early as Wednesday.
                                I heard the same thing.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X