Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New CCHA Back From The Ashes.

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Isn't ASU still without a conference deal? ASU just need several more schools along with the WHCA orphans and they can form a new conference too.
    Maybe it's time for some California schools to join the ranks of college hockey?
    Not clear to me why ASU needs that short term deal.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
      It was always my understanding that Mankato was going to be added to the NCHC when they and ASU applied for membership. Only reason they didn't get in is because of ASU. ASU will need to get shovels in the ground and start construction on their new ice rink before the NCHC considers them.
      Not exactly true. That was the "public" word. Privately, ASU was not willing to pay subsidies to schools to travel to Tempe. Do Caribbean resorts pay Canadians to travel there in the winter? D1 schools typically pay D2 schools to come to their site to get beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
        does asu really need a conference home? They seem to be doing okay playing as an independent. Yes, they do not have a conference title to play for, but they did make the ncaas last year and are in the mix this year. They seem to get enough teams that want to go to arizona to play (16 home games), so it is not like they are on the road constantly like huntsville was during their independent stay.
        bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          Right and why does ASU escape blame bx when they pulled the plug on joining the WCHA, that was the end of the league.
          Could it be because ASU was unwilling to subsidize the other teams to come to Tempe????

Comment

• Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
            Not exactly true. That was the "public" word. Privately, ASU was not willing to pay subsidies to schools to travel to Tempe. Do Caribbean resorts pay Canadians to travel there in the winter? D1 schools typically pay D2 schools to come to their site to get beat up.
            I have a hard time believing that the NCHC asked ASU to pay subsidies. Especially considering I highly doubt they were asking Mankato to do the same for admittance. Ok, maybe WMU and Miami would’ve wanted subsidies...

I actually was surprised the NCHC rejected ASU’s membership at the time but now looks like it was a prudent decision. I’m sure membership will be revisited once ASU starts building new rink.

Comment

• Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
              I have a hard time believing that the NCHC asked ASU to pay subsidies. Especially considering I highly doubt they were asking Mankato to do the same for admittance. Ok, maybe WMU and Miami would’ve wanted subsidies...

I actually was surprised the NCHC rejected ASU’s membership at the time but now looks like it was a prudent decision. I’m sure membership will be revisited once ASU starts building new rink.
              Given what we know about the formation of the conference and their dealings with Notre Dame, it doesn’t seem far fetched.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Why would ASU have to pay subsidies? Flying into metro Phoenix is very reasonable. Consider Miami for example: I did an Expedia search from Cincinnati to Duluth March 5th returning March 8th. One stop in Minneapolis $355 round trip on Delta. Then checked Cincinnati to Phoenix. Same dates this time on Frontier non-stop for the exact same price ($355). I know it's a small sample size, but playing in Phoenix is reasonably priced, and a draw to almost everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Given what we know about the formation of the conference and their dealings with Notre Dame, it doesn’t seem far fetched.
                  Just FYI, I’m 100% glad the NCHC told Notre Dame to pound sand and **** off to Hockey East. You alluded that NCHC wanted Notre Dame to drop their TV deal. However, in a really great series of articles from Brad Schlossman about the formation of the NCHC, Notre Dame wanted to control the league’s television deal.

Comment

Subsidy for a bus ride from GF to Mankato? Duluth to Mankato? I agree, probably not being they go to Omaha & Denver & Omaha & Denver likely don't pay subsidies.

But did NCHC really reject ASU's membership request or did ASU reject NCAA demands?
                    Last edited by Sol Diablo; 02-23-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
                      Why would ASU have to pay subsidies? Flying into metro Phoenix is very reasonable. Consider Miami for example: I did an Expedia search from Cincinnati to Duluth March 5th returning March 8th. One stop in Minneapolis $355 round trip on Delta. Then checked Cincinnati to Phoenix. Same dates this time on Frontier non-stop for the exact same price ($355). I know it's a small sample size, but playing in Phoenix is reasonably priced, and a draw to almost everyone.
                      Agreed, that's what ASU said, why pay subsidies?

Comment

Alright, lets all point at laugh at Dr Kurtz...this is just plain sad:
                        http://cchasearch.com/

Application materials must be submitted to CCHACommissionerSearch@yahoo.com. We highly recommend attachments be submitted as Microsoft Word documents or PDF files.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                          http://cchasearch.com/

Application materials must be submitted to CCHACommissionerSearch@yahoo.com. .
                          Did he lose his AOL password? That's a great site though. Spiffy design. It's amazing what they can do over at fiverr.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Did he lose his AOL password? That's a great site though. Spiffy design. It's amazing what they can do over at fiverr.
                            just to spite this creation, I think we should all apply by submitting our favorite gifs...or maybe a powerpoint presentation with multiple gifs. Since they would prefer applications in word or pdf...
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

just to spite this creation, I think we should all apply by submitting our favorite gifs...or maybe a powerpoint presentation with multiple gifs. Since they would prefer applications in word or pdf...
                              PONIES! (cue jimjamesak...)

Comment

https://cchasearch.com/

Application materials must be submitted to CCHACommissionerSearch@yahoo.com. We highly recommend attachments be submitted as Microsoft Word documents or PDF files.
                                The nWCHA: Man, we're the laughing stock of college hockey. How much worse can it get?
                                The nCCAA: Hold my beer (and 56k modem)...
                                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                                Originally posted by geezer
                                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                                Originally posted by manurespreader
                                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                                X