Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    Very disappointed that there isn't a long term plan to address the gap that will exist between the first row of seats and the glass after the resize. Even if they don't have the funds in place to do it this year I'd have expected them to have a plan in place to address it next year/in two years/three years/etc, instead it's going forward with no fix.
    Even the passed over $4m-$5m proposal discussed in the article would have just raised every seat higher, not put any seats closer.
    Also fear this gap will become a de facto walkway. As if the worse sightlines aren't enough, enjoy folks walking in front of the glass while you're trying to watch.

At a time when we are struggling with attendance is it really a good idea to make the game day experience worse?
    How about covering the first five rows with canvas? Nobody will want to sit in them anyway and it'd be easier to get a sell-out! If that doesn't work, televise even more games.

Comment

Not getting any help from the Black Bears so far.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB View Post
        How about covering the first five rows with canvas? Nobody will want to sit in them anyway and it'd be easier to get a sell-out! If that doesn't work, televise even more games.
        It's going to be rough

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Not getting any help from the Black Bears so far.
          Apparently BC has clinched the RS. Their fans are calling it the Umile trophy. Maybe they'll mail it in next weekend!
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gibber View Post
            I haven't been around much on here, and haven't gotten to a ton of games since my work takes me away on weekends but this is atrocious. Obviously nothing draws a crowd like winning but the sight lines at the Whittemore Center have been as good as they get for hockey. I know we were talking about shrinking the rink as long as 15 years ago. I personally like the idea of a 200x90 surface but it will hurt the fan experience. Having the front row five feet from the glass on either side will be awful, and it will be like the Worcester Centrum for awful sight lines. I think I read in the article they looked into raising the seats (right idea) but it would cost an additional 4-5mil... I'd say don't do it until you can afford to do it right but what do I know. I also know they waited until they had to replace the aged compressors which makes sense but still. grrrr...
            This is the type of short sighted decision that saves 4-5 million now, turns out awful and the costs 10-15 million to fix in the future when it’s the ‘newest’ reason they just can’t win recruiting battles....
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              Apparently BC has clinched the RS. Their fans are calling it the Umile trophy. Maybe they'll mail it in next weekend!
              Never trust black bears from Maine.

Comment

So I’m not an engineer, but would it be more cost effective (or is it even feasible) to lower the ice surface instead of basically elevating the ENTIRE arena?

Comment

Wyse got a game misconduct? Sit him for the rest of his short lived career.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                    Wyse got a game misconduct? Sit him for the rest of his short lived career.
                    Even though MS was visibly upset, it was a CLEAR elbow to the side of the helmet. Not sure how anyone can even dispute the call. It wasn't accidental. He clearly came up with the elbow.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      Even though MS was visibly upset, it was a CLEAR elbow to the side of the helmet. Not sure how anyone can even dispute the call. It wasn't accidental. He clearly came up with the elbow.
                      Think Souza was more upset about the Robinson dump at least that's what I witnessed...but yeah ie wasn't happy on that. Most around me agree with the penalty
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Wasn’t questioning the call. Didn’t see it live. Read about it online. I just question his judgement.

Comment

So I’m not an engineer, but would it be more cost effective (or is it even feasible) to lower the ice surface instead of basically elevating the ENTIRE arena?
                          Plumbing is apparently sitting directly on top of Exetergranodiorite (similar to granite) bedrock, which would require mucho blasting, probably too much for inside a structure. So, "caught between a rock and a hard spot," so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Plumbing is apparently sitting directly on top of Exetergranodiorite (similar to granite) bedrock, which would require mucho blasting, probably too much for inside a structure. So, "caught between a rock and a hard spot," so to speak.
                            Wow. No margin so I guess there's no choice. Frankly I agree with the "cover them with a tarp" idea. I never understood the fascination of sitting on the glass anyway. Hockey is definitely a better viewer experience from higher up, IMO.

Comment

Well I know talking about the game isn't something anyone wants to rehash. But I wanna say that I saw some great work done by one Kaille Ericksonn(sp). He did some great skating and puck movement and almost tied the game up. Crookshank goal was a ripper.

Onto BC and most likely the end of the season. Going to be fuel for the off season and too bad for the Seniors if they do miss the HE tournament. Had some great games it's a shame to see it go the way it did. Who knows stranger things have happened. I'll go to BC(which I almost never do) and see the season out for Senior night. Later folks!!

Ps..kudos to UVM..made something of their long season afterall...
                              Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-29-2020, 09:17 PM.
                              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

FORE!!!

Might be best to keep the clubs away from #21 though for good measure....just sayin'.....
                                UNH

Comment

Working...
                                X