Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    So … none of our usually opinionated posters looking to take a swing at this one?

Maybe an easier one … will the #2 guy in the AD's office get to maintain any of his UNH ties?
    You know me, I'd be right on board if I had a clue about this HE stuff...but, maybe he can use his newly found influence to find us a few points...ha! The God Father was on last night, of course, had to watch....
    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

So … none of our usually opinionated posters looking to take a swing at this one?

Maybe an easier one … will the #2 guy in the AD's office get to maintain any of his UNH ties?
      Serious question: where is Bertagna's office? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        You know me, I'd be right on board if I had a clue about this HE stuff...but, maybe he can use his newly found influence to find us a few points...ha! The God Father was on last night, of course, had to watch....
        Maybe The Godfather references on the old thread during Saturday night's game were there for a reason, 'Ref? Don't want to give the game away, but keep that in mind.

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        HEA HQ is located near the sunny shores of Lake Quannapowitt on North Ave. in Wakefield MA, just off Rte. 128. Ironically, also MS7's hometown IIRC. Practically the hockey Center of the Universe.

If you're coming down from our little sliver of the NH Seacoast, it's just past where the serious morning commute traffic starts, about a mile or two after the old "Pleasure Island" amusement park. Gotta think our new commish deserves better than that ...
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Orono.

Comment

And what about "the Mrs.", in a similar role at MC???

https://merrimackathletics.com/staff...ne-metcalf/299

Not insinuating any "future special favors from the Commish"....but....hmmm......intriguing
            UNH

Comment

Maybe The Godfather references on the old thread during Saturday night's game were there for a reason, 'Ref? Don't want to give the game away, but keep that in mind.

HEA HQ is located near the sunny shores of Lake Quannapowitt on North Ave. in Wakefield MA, just off Rte. 128. Ironically, also MS7's hometown IIRC. Practically the hockey Center of the Universe.

If you're coming down from our little sliver of the NH Seacoast, it's just past where the serious morning commute traffic starts, about a mile or two after the old "Pleasure Island" amusement park. Gotta think our new commish deserves better than that ...
              So, back of Bertagna's garage, or his basement, or maybe his attic is HEA-HQ?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                And what about "the Mrs.", in a similar role at MC???

https://merrimackathletics.com/staff...ne-metcalf/299

Not insinuating any "future special favors from the Commish"....but....hmmm......intriguing
                When MC wins the HE / NC next year make sure you come back and say "I told ya so"
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

UNH's Metcalf discusses top priorities as new Hockey East commissioner:
                  https://www.unionleader.com/sports/c...3c768c9c4.html
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Honestly, I don’t see anything that’s happened at UNH over the last decade that indicates Metcalf is the innovative hire HE was supposedly after or that he’s capable of fixing marketing and media concerns...

That said, who knows. The NCHC commissioner everyone wants to duplicate was basically hired out of Miami as a glorified director of hockey operations. And he has worked out fairly well in the eyes of most...

My initial reaction is they forced out a long time commissioner for more of the status quo - but for a league commissioner I can give them the benefit of the doubt.

What has really ‘made’ the NCHC the last few seasons? Not the commish, but winning. And winning titles...
                    Live Free or Die!!
                    Miami University '03

Comment

So, back of Bertagna's garage, or his basement, or maybe his attic is HEA-HQ?
                      Anything's possible, Snives. I guess maybe what I'm trying to get at is …

What amount of member school impact within active HEA operations is OR should be allowable?

And, is OR should there be a difference between off-ice and on-ice HEA involvement/impact??

Comment

Holy crap almost onto the second page - the air seems to have been let out of UNH's balloon …

… plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose, eh 'Watcher??

Comment

Holy crap almost onto the second page - the air seems to have been let out of UNH's balloon …

… plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose, eh 'Watcher??
                          Saw that today as well. Not sure what we can talk about...but, I'm getting ready to cheer on (I guess???) the BC Beagles as I understand anyway we can keep points away from those closest to us, the better chance we have to survive, at least, for now. Go Beagles!! of course this kind of thinking is like changing deck chairs on the Titanic and expecting different results....sigh.
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-20-2020, 08:11 PM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Saw that today as well. Not sure what we can talk about...but, I'm getting ready to cheer on (I guess???) the BC Beagles as I understand anyway we can keep points away from those closest to us, the better chance we have to survive, at least, for now. Go Beagles!! of course this kind of thinking is like changing deck chairs on the Titanic and expecting different results....sigh.
                            Well, hey, BC won tonight!!

Can we hang a banner now??
                            UNH

Comment

"What? Over? Did you say over? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? He11 no! It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me?"

Comment

This could be our greatest day, ever!
                                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X