Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
    Wonder if this new order by the governor will impact the rink renovation, will the ice surface be ready for October? It was already on a pretty tight schedule.
    What's the new order?
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Re: UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Originally posted by d.gerry View Post
      Wonder if this new order by the governor will impact the rink renovation, will the ice surface be ready for October? It was already on a pretty tight schedule.
      If anything good comes out of this mess, maybe it will be leaving The Whitt's rink size alone.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Gildon to the Panthers. Link

Comment

Jr.Crookshank-----Jr.Engaras----------Sr.Grasso
          Fr.Richels----------Jr.Pierson----------Sr.Kelleher
          Sr.Sato------------So.Stevenson------Sr.McAdams
          Fr.Margel----------So.Hermann-------Jr.Esposito
          So.Hankinson-----Fr.Gendron--------Sr.Sacco
          Jr.Cippolone-------Fr.Sweeney????---

So, I would think either Margel or Cafarelli but probably not both are brought in next year. There are several questions, but projecting Richels to get a top 6 role from HS is a big assumption and probably doesn't work. But he would fit there by profile, keeping Sato on the third line where he is more effective given his limited offensive skills.

Sr.Maass---------So.Ericksson
          Jr.MacKinnon------Fr.Reid
          Jr.Verrier-------Fr.Ardanaz
          So.McElhaney----Fr.Nagle
          Jr.Hickey

Ardanaz could be spotted in. He'd be the most talented defenseman offensively, but is slight and so Souza would have to pick the right spots for him.
          The Souza record:
          15-16 10th place
          16-17 10th place
          17-18 11th place
          18-19 8th place
          19-20 9th place
          20-21 10th place
          21-22 9th place
          22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            If anything good comes out of this mess, maybe it will be leaving The Whitt's rink size alone.
            Good point! Problem that remains is the refrigeration system, does anyone known if construction has already begun? Not that it matters but, crossed paths with Joe Lazzaro while walking in my neighborhood last night.
            GO BLUE!

Comment

Maybe half season in 2020-2021?

Comment

Anybody miss this guy? Thanks C-H-C for making this YouTube of TyK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iasZevh6n0I
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Maybe half season in 2020-2021?
                  I'm still hoping for/expecting a full season … but if the season does get chopped, it wouldn't be the worst thing for Hockey East to ask its members to scrap any non-conference games, and start a 20 game league season only (2 games vs. each opponent) that starts in January, and runs through early March, then slides into the usual postseason routine.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    I'm still hoping for/expecting a full season … but if the season does get chopped, it wouldn't be the worst thing for Hockey East to ask its members to scrap any non-conference games, and start a 20 game league season only (2 games vs. each opponent) that starts in January, and runs through early March, then slides into the usual postseason routine.
                    Yup, I think that a January start to a 20-game in-conference season is a best case scenario, and only if we miraculously have a vaccine by then. I think that all academic institutions other than Liberty University will still be in online education mode through at least the fall semester. Moreover, no time for practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Yup, I think that a January start to a 20-game in-conference season is a best case scenario, and only if we miraculously have a vaccine by then. I think that all academic institutions other than Liberty University will still be in online education mode through at least the fall semester. Moreover, no time for practice.
                      My twins are heading off to college this fall. One expressed concern about being homesick for moving across the country, to which my nephew responded -- "why, she'll still be in your living room watching her computer." Ouch.

Hockey content, I wonder how this influences the college decision of hockey players, who have the option of deferring and staying closer to home. While a kid like Ardanaz was probably able to come in as a true freshman, it looks like he'll be a 2021, and stay close to home in 2020-21. That makes sense. But he could probably enroll and take the online classes, so perhaps that is a way to get them a head start, without losing the college experience any more than they would as a real "freshman."
                      The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

Comment

UMass loses another big gun John Leonard..
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• [QUOTE=NCAA watcher;6933688]My twins are heading off to college this fall. One expressed concern about being homesick for moving across the country, to which my nephew responded -- "why, she'll still be in your living room watching her computer." Ouch.

Hockey content, I wonder how this influences the college decision of hockey players, who have the option of deferring and staying closer to home. While a kid like Ardanaz was probably able to come in as a true freshman, it looks like he'll be a 2021, and stay close to home in 2020-21. That makes sense. But he could probably enroll and take the online classes, so perhaps that is a way to get them a head start, without losing the college experience any more than they would as a real "freshman."[/QUOTE

How cool you have twins I am a twin...my mother was and her mother had 3 sets..We are fraternal as are all of these mentioned...
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef
                            Cool you have twins..I'm a twin (fraternal) my mom was and her mother had 3 sets...
                            Funny how that works. My best friend had fraternal twins, as did both of his sisters. None in the family before that.
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Anybody miss this guy? Thanks C-H-C for making this YouTube of TyK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iasZevh6n0I
                              Updated version:
                              Tyler Kelleher SHL Highlights 19-20 Season
                              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                                Even better, thanks!!!!
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X