Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
    I've already seen the video. He doesn't say the corona virus is a hoax.
    What do you think he is saying?
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

I posted this today over at the C-19 board: (added alittle extra)

Today was a sobering day at school. I'm in my 40th year of teaching and at this point, I've seen, experienced alot of things. This was really beyond surreal. Here in NH, we are "off" until April 3, and will be providing online learning opps for our students. We were told that it could possibly be 8 weeks, or longer, depending on what this virus does. I was suddenly overwhelmed with the situation, and realized that this is a real deal in a big way. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm not going to waste my time arguing about why we are in this boat, who started it, why fox news is crap (lol). We are in this boat, and, to coin an overused phrase at the moment, 'in this together'. I'm 61 years old. I have older siblings (and a twin, if you can believe that ). All of my relatives (I have 81 first cousins!!!) who are older than I am. My parents are gone. For the first time, even though I have a ton of knowledge on the subject, I'm afraid for myself, and for all of them. I'm afraid for my husband, who has health concerns of his own. We all need to get this one simple fact, that we do not know what lies ahead. If you are unconcerned, or feel this is 'overblown', that's your choice. I just have this feeling Anthony Fauci is right; this will get worse before it gets better. I trust his voice above all others.

We were also told that most likely, this will be the last week we'll be allowed to be in our classrooms. I didn't get to say good bye to my current group of students. You'd think I'd be happy to be leaving it all behind and work from home, but, I'd rather be here in front of them. Crazy, I know. Be well everyone, and take care of yourselves and look out for those who can't look out for themselves....

Ps. I miss hockey.
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        What do you think he is saying?
        Dan, if you or anybody else thinks the President believes the corona virus is a hoax then you're not paying attention. If you or anyone else doesn't think that the Democrats are giddy over the idea that this will bring the President down then you're naive at best or a liar at worst.
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Dan, if you or anybody else thinks the President believes the corona virus is a hoax then you're not paying attention. If you or anyone else doesn't think that the Democrats are giddy over the idea that this will bring the President down then you're naive at best or a liar at worst.
          Ok I will be "anybody". No I dont feel giddy at all about the atrocious way this has been handled by the President...I feel disgusted about many other things he has done in the past and present. I mean gee I thought that mocking a disabled person would be enough...or the credible sexual assault allegations would be enough...or his stealing from his own charities would be enough...or...I could go on.

The fact that in a conference call to Governors this morning to "find respirators on the private sector" was interesting (I need more info on that before I can add it to my ever growing list of "enough things to bring the President down").

And last but of course not least statements like "I can stand on the corner of 5th Avenue and shoot people and still get votes" was more than enough for me....as a High School teacher that has to worry about school shootings but I digress. Ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
            Wow. Again, black is white, up is down, he could shoot some in the middle of NYC and his voters would say it was made up. They already do......

Enjoy your restrictions based on what's coming while you scream Live Free or Die. Your choice.
            Alternative facts...don'tcha know? 🙄

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Ok I will be "anybody". No I dont feel giddy at all about the atrocious way this has been handled by the President...I feel disgusted about many other things he has done in the past and present. I mean gee I thought that mocking a disabled person would be enough...or the credible sexual assault allegations would be enough...or his stealing from his own charities would be enough...or...I could go on.

The fact that in a conference call to Governors this morning to "find respirators on the private sector" was interesting (I need more info on that before I can add it to my ever growing list of "enough things to bring the President down").

And last but of course not least statements like "I can stand on the corner of 5th Avenue and shoot people and still get votes" was more than enough for me....as a High School teacher that has to worry about school shootings but I digress. Ugh.
              Ref, I know you and half the country dispise this President. Now is not a time for partisan politicizing though. It's a time for the country to stand strong together as one because Lord knows this is going to get worse before it gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                I've already seen the video. He doesn't say the corona virus is a hoax.
                He says it is a hoax invented by the Democrats to bring him down. He likened it to the Democratic impeachment hoax. Pay attention. Jeez.
                I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Ref, I know you and half the country dispise this President. Now is not a time for partisan politicizing though. It's a time for the country to stand strong together as one because Lord knows this is going to get worse before it gets better.
                  I am all for standing together...but hows about the president knock off his twitter tirades? Or call female reporters questions nasty? I'd have more respect for him but he does not warrant it.

As far as this pandemic goes...I'm all in but I will not change my views toward a man who just weeks ago called this a hoax...sorry...

Comment

WHile I agree that you can interpret that statement as being that the virus is not a hoax, but that the concern over it was, then what's a group to do to get the "leader" to lead in the right direction instead of "leading" in the exact wrong way?
                    Is correcting the president "politicizing" the issue and make him a vicitm in your eyes? Seems like that is awfully snowflakish thing there for a tough guy like him. I mean, with Trump acknowledging by his actions that he was wrong, seems like you blaming the right side is somehow missing the point.
                    Last edited by NCAA watcher; 03-16-2020, 03:54 PM.
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                      WHile I agree that you can interpret that statement as being that the virus is not a hoax, but that the concern over it was, then what's a group to do to get the "leader" to lead in the right direction instead of "leading" in the exact wrong way?
                      Is correcting the president "politicizing" the issue and make him a vicitm in your eyes? Seems like that is awfully snowflakish thing there for a tough guy like him. I mean, with Trump acknowledging by his actions that he was wrong, seems like you blaming the right side is somehow missing the point.
                      He's a flawed human being as we all are. We live in a country where criticizing leaders is a pastime. That's great. We have freedoms we cherish. This crisis is not a pastime though and we all need to pull together. He might be flawed but no one saw this coming except maybe for wayuphere and thedopefromdover!
                      Last edited by e.cat; 03-16-2020, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Which one? And compared to the current occupant of 1600 PA ave...I'd agree with either of them. And oh, you have to know how that hurts to say, let alone type
                        Pages late now, but ... that was supposed to be a Roman numeral after “Bush.” So, the first one. 😁
                        Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

THREAD: Effective at close of business tonight, all restaurants and bars in NH will be required to serve patrons by takeout, delivery, and drive-through methods only. Scheduled public gatherings over 50 people will be prohibited. This order will remain in effect until April 7.

Comment

He's a flawed human being as we all are. We live in a country where criticizing leaders is a pastime. That's great. We have freedoms we cherish. This crisis is not a pastime though and we all need to pull together. He might be flawed but no one saw this coming except maybe for wayuphere and thedopefromdover!
                            I am far less flawed than he is and I am a self professed mess. Many people saw this coming. The WHO offered test kits in January(?). The CDC refused.
                            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                              I am far less flawed than he is and I am a self professed mess. Many people saw this coming. The WHO offered test kits in January(?). The CDC refused.
                              You walk on water Darius. The WHO did that after the fact IIRC.

Comment

You walk on water Darius. The WHO did that after the fact IIRC.
                                The CDC tests kits were faulty from the get go so while we tried to use our own they didnt fit the bill. Regardless when all if this is said and done
                                ..the lack of early testing is going to be the biggest miscue of the US pandemic. Imho (In addition to the lack of urgency initially and the down play of the seriousness of it)

Praying for the first responders and health care workers who struggle to get protective equipment to even do the testing!

Lots of disparities in testing tho I think will be the big one. But hey ho blame doesnt stop the virus..

Comment

Working...
                                X