Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
    Exactly, your company chose to do that. Good for them. The lights just didn’t go off suddenly without your company’s knowledge.
    If we didn't choose to they would/could. The one advantage we have is the grid tells us their window of concern based on that days weather and electric forecasts. We can plan things like training or role the dice.
    Last edited by JB; 03-13-2020, 10:28 PM.
    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

• Re: UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Today I had a lot of questions from my high school kids. Some were worried about themselves their parents/grandparents...will they have a prom? We havent closed yet but I suspect this is coming shortly.

Like many sport teams our boys were to play in the D3 Finals tonight being the #1 seed..game was cancelled had to be a huge disappointment. They had a big life lesson as we all will experience. It's almost surreal..

One last thing in the lighter side of it all I remarked this was my 3rd pandemic. They asked if the Black Plague was my first...ha! Someone needs to retire....
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

One last thing in the lighter side of it all I remarked this was my 3rd pandemic. They asked if the Black Plague was my first...ha! Someone needs to retire....
        Quick kids anyway, too funny
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Quick kids anyway, too funny
          Gen z calling covid-19 the “Boomer Remover”.
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            'Watcher, I beg to disagree. Every time someone shuts down something, things that are part of everyday life, that is altering my everyday existence, and the choices I get to make. I'm not some stark raving libertarian, mind you, and I'm certainly not saying that anyone is advocating for Talladega Motor Speedway driving on normal roads. Maybe you are just more comfortable letting folks dictate the terms of your life? Most of the time, we all seem to manage to do OK despite our differences.

But this time around, we're literally seeing a few people catch a cold, and the rest of us are getting thrown into isolation, even when we don't have any symptoms. No one - not one person -- under the age of 50 has died from this in the US, yet we're now closing schools. This all just flows from the same folks who now cancel school when there's an inch or two of snow on the ground, or a layer of ice on the roads. Whether it's attributable to an extremely overcautious groupthink mindset, OR because those folks worry incessantly about the next ambulance chaser coming down the pike with a personal injury lawsuit, I dunno. Maybe both??

Regardless, now too many regular folks are delving further and further into panic-driven actions, like buying out grocery stores, and creating shortages of some staples. And every time someone - whether it's our President or folks on this forum - try to talk sense and urge folks not to delve into panic, it comes back in the other direction in waves of "you are a -ist".

Almost twenty (20) years ago, we literally were under coordinated attack from a foreign enemy on our home soil, and thousands of people were killed in the blink of an eye. There was some panic - what else might be coming next? - and it was warranted, even if the follow-up attacks never came to fruition. We (US) recovered and rebounded quickly, and that served as a shining example of what this country still can be … if we let it be.

But now we're only hearing the downside, sometimes from the usual suspects, and "caution"-driven fear and panic rules over any effort to inject a sense of balance into the reality of the situation.

I'm sorry to repeat this, but I will. As a people, we've all just become so, so collectively soft.
            A few people are catching a cold. If that’s the case Chuck, there are plenty of cheap flights available to China, Korea and Italy. Take one, please. As my dad used to say, “you don’t know how foolish you sound.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
              Did you listen to or watch the Rose Garden address? Chuck's language skills are far superior to President Trump's.
              Ya, I listened to it. There were so many misstatements and deflections I couldn’t keep up. My favorite though was when he was asked why the administration had eliminated the White House crisis task force to address infectious disease outbreaks. He first responded that it was a “nasty question,” I suppose because he has lived in a life long bubble where he never hears a discouraging word and, if he does, he fires the person. But then he took absolutely no responsibility for the action, saying others did it, and “no, 8 didn’t know anything about it.” This is what we are dealing with.

Comment

If you are following the COVID-19 thread, you might have read my post about David Ho, whom I'd trust beyond anyone else (well, Anthony Fauci might be second) about where we are, where we could be heading if we do not adhere to the social isolation, TESTING, etc. I don't think adopting a 'sky is falling' response is the way to go, but I do agree with the disruption of life that we are going to just have to cope with until this thing pans out! Even if you can't stand to watch Rachel Maddow for even one second, David Ho's words are worth the watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtZV7Nz7r-Q

This is science...plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                  Ya, I listened to it. There were so many misstatements and deflections I couldn’t keep up. My favorite though was when he was asked why the administration had eliminated the White House crisis task force to address infectious disease outbreaks. He first responded that it was a “nasty question,” I suppose because he has lived in a life long bubble where he never hears a discouraging word and, if he does, he fires the person. But then he took absolutely no responsibility for the action, saying others did it, and “no, 8 didn’t know anything about it.” This is what we are dealing with.
                  Just like his comments "I don't know the person" and there's a ton of pictures with him? Ugh, just laughable. Watched it live and then noticed the ABC news didn't put in/cover the 'nasty' question comment. Normally he just calls the reporter (always reserved for female reporters, female politicians) nasty. This is the number one reason from the get go that I do not respect him as a person, much less the 'leader' of the free world. It's not just his misogyny and the like, it's how he responds to people in general. Deflect, deflect etc. How can this be ok? But, I digress...

Comment

I often watch Rachel Maddow to hear what the extreme left is saying. Some of her nonsense is actually comical and entertaining.
                    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      I often watch Rachel Maddow to hear what the extreme left is saying. Some of her nonsense is actually comical and entertaining.
                      Ya….exactly how I feel about when I can even for a second, listen to Hannity...and, since we are posting things from our own slants, this is one issue regarding the H1N1 flu (which I got, it was awful...) that I listened to because my husband watches Hannity (yes I have to share our one tv...it is not easy)

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...health-emerge/

To say that Barack Obama did a lousy job handling this outbreak as opposed to Trump is handling it...? This was the gist of his (Hannity) reporting. Oh, and btw? I was not a fan of many things his (Obama) Presidency, but you can at least say this...he was/still is... a decent man.
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-14-2020, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        +1

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Ya….exactly how I feel about when I can even for a second, listen to Hannity...and, since we are posting things from our own slants, this is one issue regarding the H1N1 flu (which I got, it was awful...) that I listened to because my husband watches Hannity (yes I have to share our one tv...it is not easy)

To say that Barack Obama did a lousy job handling this outbreak as opposed to Trump is handling it...? This was the gist of his (Hannity) reporting. Oh, and btw? I was not a fan of many things his (Obama) Presidency, but you can at least say this...he was/still is... a decent man.
                          You can say it, but I won’t agree with it. 😉. I think the last decent man to hold that office was Bush I (and I wasn’t a big fan).
                          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                            You can say it, but I won’t agree with it. ��. I think the last decent man to hold that office was Bush I (and I wasn’t a big fan).
                            You dont think Bill Clinton was a decent man? Just ask Monica

Okay, I'll slowly glide out of this thread. It is quite the chithole.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post

I don’t want a “decent man” running the country. I want a leader. Sorry, Obama was a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                                You can say it, but I won’t agree with it. 😉. I think the last decent man to hold that office was Bush I (and I wasn’t a big fan).
                                Which one? And compared to the current occupant of 1600 PA ave...I'd agree with either of them. And oh, you have to know how that hurts to say, let alone type

Comment

Working...
                                X