Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
    Was fine a week ago when UNH played Lowell at the Whitt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    https://youtu.be/HWCbfGPOLDk?t=47
    Not to poo poo on the point which is hockey east refs are trash. If Robinson wasn't selling that contact so hard he might have been in position to make that second save. I sit on that end of the ice at the faceoff dots and he went down pretty easily. I'm guessing that was their call on that one.

Comment

• Re: UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Oh..and the game "mattered" to the fans who went amd to the 'Cats. They could have mailed it in finding out right before they weren't going ahead in their season. Interestingly for me at least, I actually found a sense of enjoyment being there. I'm sad its over...
      Same for me. I went in knowing the game "didn't matter" to us, watched it like a scrimmage, was a bit disappointed BC didn't show more flash and talent which might have been due to a pretty high compete level from the 'cats. After the game I hung around looking at Lake Whitt for the last time and thinking about all the great memories. I ended up chatting with a former BC player. he was a senior when JY was a Freshman. He had an interesting comment, "When you are on the ice, it always matters".

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
      Macadams initial move to the net contacted the goaltender and turned him a full 90 degrees with no help from the defender. Not even 2 seconds later someone bangs in that rebound, it's a pretty easy call and in my opinion the right call. I wouldn't want that goal to stand against us, and the announcement was "contact with goaltender in the crease" which was drowned out by the crowd.
      Agreed. Same with the too many men call, it was obvious. MacAdams initial drive from the neutral zone in was impressive.

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
      While it was only a minute long, that "U-N-H" chant during the OT goal review was the loudest the building has been in over 10 years.
      Just like the team itself at times this year, it showed a momentary glimpse of what could be; and what used to be.
      That was a good moment from a decent crowd. The 'cats till have a solid fan base. If they ever start winning again, packing people in and continue selling beer it could get downright rowdy.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
        Was fine a week ago when UNH played Lowell at the Whitt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
        https://youtu.be/HWCbfGPOLDk?t=47
        Thank you. The official who allowed that UML goal? Marty Hughes … name sound familiar??
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

You guys will know.....when was the last time we didn’t make the playoffs?

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
            You guys will know.....when was the last time we didn’t make the playoffs?
            Scott posted it in the new thread he started believe it was 32 years ago??

Despite their 15-15-4 record which ended a four-year streak of losing seasons, UNH hockey fails to make the Hockey East playoffs for the first time in 32 years....and yes, all because of an arbitrary rule change made by Hockey East.
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

If you can't crack the top eight in your league, you don't deserve anything.

Who cares about the rule changes - arbitrary or not - they applied to everyone, and UNH finished 9th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                Thank you. The official who allowed that UML goal? Marty Hughes … name sound familiar??
                Yes, believe he scored the GWG of a 3rd period comeback win over the Mildcats. Poor Ty Conklin lost his mind after it.

Comment

Originally posted by j.d. View Post
                  yes, believe he scored the gwg of a 3rd period comeback win over the mildcats. Poor ty conklin lost his mind after it.
                  No, that would have been Jeff Farkas or Blake Bellefeiulle.

You guys used to struggle to beat UNH (at least in the regular season).
                  Last edited by Chuck Murray; 03-08-2020, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Scott posted it in the new thread he started believe it was 32 years ago??

Despite their 15-15-4 record which ended a four-year streak of losing seasons, UNH hockey fails to make the Hockey East playoffs for the first time in 32 years....and yes, all because of an arbitrary rule change made by Hockey East.
                    Correct...the last time they missed the Hockey East playoffs was the 1987-1988 season.

https://unhwildcats.com/sports/2015/...702151751.aspx
                    Last edited by Scott; 03-08-2020, 07:46 PM.
                    UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                      No, that would have been Jeff Farkas or Blake Bellefeiulle.

You guys used to struggle to beat UNH (at least in the regular season).
                      Oh no, it was BCs national title season. Farkas and Bellefeuille were gone. UNH had a 2-0 3rd period lead at Conte and BC scored 3 in the 3rd to win. Almost positive Hughes scored the winner. Momentum didn't carry over as I believe UNH won the next night.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Oh no, it was BCs national title season. Farkas and Bellefeuille were gone. UNH had a 2-0 3rd period lead at Conte and BC scored 3 in the 3rd to win. Almost positive Hughes scored the winner. Momentum didn't carry over as I believe UNH won the next night.
                        He did. It was just after his mother died.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I stand corrected then. Jack mentioning Hughes' mom's passing does ring a bell, and Conklin was a senior in 2001. You guys had WAY better reasons to remember 2001 than I did, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            He did. It was just after his mother died.
                            That's correct. They grabbed the puck after that goal for Marty. Very emotional moment for that team and one of the louder moments I've heard Conte as well.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Serious question for our BC visitors: What happens when the number of HE officials with current or former BC ties reaches critical mass, where there won't be anyone available to officiate BC games?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                Serious question for our BC visitors: What happens when the number of HE officials with current or former BC ties reaches critical mass, where there won't be anyone available to officiate BC games?
                                Besides Hughes and Brendan Kelleher, a linesman and Timmy Kelleher’s brother, who else has BC ties?
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X