Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Arrgghh! See if Cats ever help out Terriors again. :-)
    Sorry. I have said this repeatedly on our thread. It's just my belief (and I will continue to harp on this until proven otherwise) that teams with high-end talent show up (well, BU anyway) when their backs are against the wall but seem to play almost "disinterested" otherwise. Once they clinched a playoff spot last night they went back to sleep today. And it's NOT a case that they "tanked" to avoid going to Orono. This is the way they have played all year, as losses to Sacred Heart UConn (2 in a row) and Merrimack prove. I think that teams with more grinders and older-aged players that AREN'T going to the NHL "bring it" almost every night and play with more intensity. Tonight was almost predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Arrgghh! See if Cats ever help out Terriors again. :-)
      Beggars can't be choosers. UNH had their chances. They got what they deserved - nada.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Well we are out but happy to be here supporting our Seniors!
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Imagine if they played all season with the intensity of that 2nd period.

Would have been more fun to watch regardless of record.
          Last edited by JB; 03-07-2020, 07:39 PM.
          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

And, now more goals than each of the last three seasons, and in fewer games. Kudos especially to seniors Blackburn and Fregona.

Comment

So proud of our Seniors tonight big hats off to Justin Fregona and Liam Blackburn...

Comment

Hate to be the guy to pee in the end-of-season punchbowl … but tonight meant nothing.

Window dressing for an awful stretch run - anytime this team needed a win, they didn't get it.

Disappointed, annoyed, aggravated, take your pick. Not good enough.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  Hate to be the guy to pee in the end-of-season punchbowl … but tonight meant nothing.

Window dressing for an awful stretch run - anytime this team needed a win, they didn't get it.

Disappointed, annoyed, aggravated, take your pick. Not good enough.
                  Yup, last year the team at least made it to the playoffs. This team is not getting better. Results don’t lie. 0-4-2 in last six games.
                  Last edited by scoreboard; 03-07-2020, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Fun fact: With tonight's tie, UNH narrowly avoids tying program record of 5 straight losing seasons. The first time that it happened was during the "Dark Ages" years of 1984-1989.

A not-so-fun fact: UNH will miss the Hockey East playoffs for the first time since 1987-88. THAT'S 32 YEARS, FOLKS. . Let that sink in just a bit.
                    (And yes, I get it, Hockey East changed the rules this year, yada,yada, yada.....But still.....

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER EVERYONE!

FORE!!!!
                    UNH

Comment

Hey snively 4 goals this weekend! 5 really but I digress. While I am sad we arent moving on I'm very proud of them tonight. Lots of food for thought for the off season.

Hey feel free to turn off the lights on this thread. Im ready for Spring and my Bruins!!!!

Comment

There is chatter that Sacred Heart may be looking to be Hockey East’s 12th team with their new arena on the horizon. Can UNH block that bid?
                        Record against common opponents according to pairwise:
                        UNH 1-7
                        Sacred Heart 4-1-2
                        Last edited by scoreboard; 03-07-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Hey snively 4 goals this weekend! 5 really but I digress. While I am sad we arent moving on I'm very proud of them tonight. Lots of food for thought for the off season.

Hey feel free to turn off the lights on this thread. Im ready for Spring and my Bruins!!!!
                          Tough crowd here, HR. Cats raised their season goal total to 92 this weekend, 3 more than last year, and 4 more than two years ago, and in 3 and 4 fewer games per season, respectively. So, Cats raised their goals per game from 2.44 to 2.54 to 2.875, which should project to over 3.0 GPG next season. I see a winning season coming up again soon. :-)

Comment

It is too bad that tonight was just a tease of what the last several weeks could have been. I'll enjoy the one game for what it was but the end of the season was just a downward spiral that landed the team outside the playoff picture. I'm left with a lot more questions for next season and the future than answers, hoping to see a more sustained positive turn starting next October.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                              Tough crowd here, HR. Cats raised their season goal total to 92 this weekend, 3 more than last year, and 4 more than two years ago, and in 3 and 4 fewer games per season, respectively. So, Cats raised their goals per game from 2.44 to 2.54 to 2.875, which should project to over 3.0 GPG next season. I see a winning season coming up again soon. :-)
                              Snively, I like your positive attitude. Unfortunately, goals mean little when you give up more than you get.

Hockey East games
                              54 goals for vs 69 against

All games
                              91 goals for vs 97 against

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                Fun fact: With tonight's tie, UNH narrowly avoids tying program record of 5 straight losing seasons. The first time that it happened was during the "Dark Ages" years of 1984-1989.
                                Men's hockey: .500 or below 7 of the last 10 seasons
                                Women's hockey: .500 or below 9 of the last 10 seasons
                                (Women's seasons .500 or below 1977-2010: ONE, .500 in 2000-2001)

Scarano must have nude pictures of the USNH board of trustees.
                                Last edited by ClOuD 9; 03-07-2020, 10:58 PM.
                                "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                                Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                                NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                                AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Working...
                                X