Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Agreed, but there's no way of stopping the stampede now, JB. We're in full blown panic mode.

The reptilian groupthink has absolutely kicked in, and any logic and reason is out the window.

The mirage of "safety", and the fear of getting caught out, are very tough opponents to overcome.

I guess the UK quarantining those in the high risk category (70+ with issues) isn't "safe" enough.

BTW the US death toll (all over the risk age) is up to 63, from 40 just 3 days ago. 7.7 per day.

See you guys again in time for Fourth of July … maybe. Or Labor Day, or …
    The preventable deaths of 7.7 strangers per day - an exponential increase likely to continue. But you can’t watch hockey and buy toilet paper so **** ‘em am I right....

Soon it will be ten a day. Then more. And **** them too, because Chuck Murray, staunch libertarian can’t abide free people are acting in a way he disagrees with when the cost is only 7.7 innocent victims...

That sort of response doesn’t make you sound the least bit intelligent. It makes you sound like a condescending, selfish and despicable scumbag. You want to stop being treated like a soft, easily offended, self-absorbed and pathetic little man stop acting like one. You’re so desperate to impress upon us what kind of man you are, stop acting in complete disagreement with what you all want us to believe and maybe you’ll finally fool us...

Nice to see your ‘thirst for debate’ in action - slinking out of the on topic thread, to return here to your safe space, yet pretending not to see Watcher politely posterize you. Twice. Don’t worry, the rest of us saw it and saw you tuck tail, Ill equipped...

Save me the topic dodging, sanctimonious speech on name calling and disrespect. As always, you’ll get exactly what you put out in the world back from me. You act disrespectful, I’ll keep disrespecting you. And unlike you, I’m not desperate to win a USCHO PR campaign so I don’t care how it looks. And I actually believe what I say, so I’m not afraid to say it for fear of looking overmatched as you are...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Re: UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      And I actually believe what I say...
      Is it possible Chuck is trolling his "home" thread?
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
        Oh my, not a fan of her (especially her) but, don'tcha think that's a lil strong, even for the Mook?
        Dunno.... she is just awful. Almost worse than the dentists fiancé in the first hangover.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
          I am not, never was, a Fox News guy, but they used to do a very good job when actually reporting actual news. Sheppard Smith resigning was the last straw. Done, except for toggling back and forth with MSNBC when I want the feeling of being in two different countries without leaving the couch.
          Lemme guess Darius, you think Mayor Pete is a moderate and F Chuck Todd is a moderate too?!?
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
            Is it possible Chuck is trolling his "home" thread?
            Probably, in many instances, but that doesn’t give him a pass for the shallow manner in which he trolls...

Did you not notice how after immediately after lecturing me on decorum and his thirst for open debate he entirely ignored Watcher’s on topic and polite post to debate global manufacturing? He doesn’t have the courage or the intellect to actually debate - he’s in perpetual spin mode doing his service to the party...

His objective is never to debate or learn but to do his ‘duty’.

He counts on other people being better than him - and me - so he can spout whatever nonsense he desires with minimal pushback. And he especially counts on it here where he thinks familiarity will give him safe passage. Yet, his willful ignorance, disingenuous behavior and and selfishness is explicitly harmful to others - mainly strangers he doesn’t give a second thought - so why should I treat him with any level of respect or decorum? Just because he demands it while not exhibiting it towards anyone else...

No chance.
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
              Lemme guess Darius, you think Mayor Pete is a moderate and F Chuck Todd is a moderate too?!?
              Heard of Chuck Todd, quick search to check his network, but can't really say. He has a daily MSNBC show so most would say no.

10 second review of Mayor Pete's issue positions, I'd put him on on the liberal side of center.

What I really want to know is why I can't take a train from NYC to LA in a day and a half when the French can travel from Paris to Nice in < 6 hours.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Dunno.... she is just awful. Almost worse than the dentists fiancé in the first hangover.
                haha now THAT....is a great analogy. Yeah...talk about fingernails on a chalk board... Of course, Jeanne Pirro runs a close second...over to you, e.cat
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  Heard of Chuck Todd, quick search to check his network, but can't really say. He has a daily MSNBC show so most would say no.

10 second review of Mayor Pete's issue positions, I'd put him on on the liberal side of center.

What I really want to know is why I can't take a train from NYC to LA in a day and a half when the French can travel from Paris to Nice in < 6 hours.
                  Chuck Todd...(shivers....)

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                    Good post Sonar. Disappointed you made no reference to SAGE though
                    Thanks e.cat. Sage is powerful stuff but one has to believe it has influence. Kind of like the concoction of essential oils that were dabbed behind ears to ward of the plague many years ago. Who knows about these things ...... placebos are powerful.

As I said in my earlier email on mountaineering scenarios ... it comes down to which error you are most willing to make. It does not help when the climbers who retreat are labeled as being in a panic mode while those who continue the climb are labeled as not being prone to overreaction.

No one is on the side of the angels in our current scenario .... but undoubtedly we are all in this together.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post
                      Thanks e.cat. Sage is powerful stuff but one has to believe it has influence. Kind of like the concoction of essential oils that were dabbed behind ears to ward of the plague many years ago. Who knows about these things ...... placebos are powerful.

As I said in my earlier email on mountaineering scenarios ... it comes down to which error you are most willing to make. It does not help when the climbers who retreat are labeled as being in a panic mode while those who continue the climb are labeled as not being prone to overreaction.

No one is on the side of the angels in our current scenario .... but undoubtedly we are all in this together.
                      Absolutely. Couldn't agree more Sonar. We are all in this together. Sadly, this is being politicised. Divided we fall, together we stand Sonar!
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        Absolutely. Couldn't agree more Sonar. We are all in this together. Sadly, this is being politicised. Divided we fall, together we stand Sonar!
                        Oh come now At his last "rally" he called it a "hoax"...you tell me who politicized it? (With all due respect) Anyway, there's been enough BS from both sides of the aisle...so now we need to do what has been necessary from the start...Be well everyone...
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-15-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Probably, in many instances, but that doesn’t give him a pass for the shallow manner in which he trolls...

Did you not notice how after immediately after lecturing me on decorum and his thirst for open debate he entirely ignored Watcher’s on topic and polite post to debate global manufacturing? He doesn’t have the courage or the intellect to actually debate - he’s in perpetual spin mode doing his service to the party...

His objective is never to debate or learn but to do his ‘duty’.

He counts on other people being better than him - and me - so he can spout whatever nonsense he desires with minimal pushback. And he especially counts on it here where he thinks familiarity will give him safe passage. Yet, his willful ignorance, disingenuous behavior and and selfishness is explicitly harmful to others - mainly strangers he doesn’t give a second thought - so why should I treat him with any level of respect or decorum? Just because he demands it while not exhibiting it towards anyone else...

No chance.
                          Get over yourself, Dan. Although the gossipy chatter thing does suit you nicely.

I don't have the time, patience or desire to go over old ground for the umpteenth time. You bring up some of 'Watcher's posts - not sure which one(s), but obviously you're tracking everything so closely. I'm sure you noticed that there were issues I've raised that 'Watcher didn't decide to engage in. And that's OK. I don't have any God-given right to expect 'Watcher, or Darius, or you, to answer everything I (or anyone else) put out there. 'Watcher has his opinions, and I have mine. He doesn't accept my data, and I don't accept most of his. It's OK. I haven't changed his mind, and so far, he hasn't changed mine. We'll both sleep OK tonight on that front, I'm sure.

I hate to make this about 'Watcher BTW … but you force the issue when you virtually try to become his surrogate. Let's just say, we probably both have a sense of who 'Watcher is, what he does for a living, and I'm not going to go further than that 'cuz that's not fair to 'Watcher. But I respect what he does, what he says, and (most of the time) how he says it. 'Watcher's not off looking for outside affirmation, or commiserating on how "Chuck is such an a-hole, isn't he, tee-hee-hee?" That would be you.

Now, for some "data" on the COVID-19 virus a/k/a Wuhan Flu to date, here in the US, compared with annual influenza deaths in the US. And I'll take it from a link to what is no doubt an acceptable source for you, and some of your like-minded liberals:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/26/healt...-bn/index.html

Overall gist of the article? Annually, there have been a minimum of 12,000 US influenza deaths, and a maximum of 80,000 US influenza deaths over years since they began tracking that data (1976?). That means, on average, even in the quietest of years there have been deaths on an average of at least 35-40 people per day. At the apex, the daily death rate was over 200 deaths.

Where was the panic over those staggering number of deaths over many, many years?

Right now, we've got 68 US deaths due to COVID-19. The recent rate has been 7-8 per day. It's sad, sure, but hardly in line with the panic-stricken behavior being driven out there. We keep hearing about "exponential" and multipliers, but right now it's still addition. And even if the rate moves up to 100 deaths per day, every day, for the next two (2) months … you're still "only" at 6,000 (and I put "only" in quotations lest you think me unduly coarse) which is a number that scrapes half of what the lowest annual flu-related death count on record has been.

Dan … this is going to be your world to live in for FAR longer than it's going to me mine, or probably for most of the other folks on this thread. If you're comfortable with the constant barrage of "existential threat" narratives that get thrown at all of us, all the time nowadays, be prepared for even more in the future. A lot of the rest of us grew up in grammar school classrooms in which drills for responding to nuclear attacks were a fairly routine and accepted part of our young lives. I was too young to realize what was going on with the Cuban Missile Crisis, but I bet other folks on here remember it vividly. I assume you're old enough though to have had mature thoughts and reflections after terrorists flew planes into NYC and DC back in 2001. If you think what's going on today - especially in comparison with past flu seasons noted above - constitutes an "existential crisis", please just go into it with eyes wide open, and expect that bar to continue to be lowered in coming years later in your life.

I'm not saying not to take reasonable precautions, Dan. I am saying, we don't need to shut down the country to take those reasonable precautions. There are a lot of good people out there, in the private sector, running small businesses, which are their dreams, and this heavy-handed authoritarian shut-down of vast segments of our economy is going to do damage, and I truly believe that damage is avoidable. For folks who are on public payrolls, there is relatively no economic pain. Even people like myself who work for larger private entities, life will go on, with relatively little economic pain.

I live in New Hampshire. I interact with dozens and dozens of small business people every day of my life up here, and they're the ones who are going to pay the economic price of this "you can't be safe enough" groupthink. I pray that Governor Sununu doesn't go down the same path that Governor Baker just went down, in shutting down sit-down restaurants. That's been a much-needed breath of fresh air for us folks up here. Maybe some of our neighboring MA folks who want some semblance of normal life will come up and patronize our wonderful establishments. I drive by the local hospital daily in my travels, and can assure anyone that the amount of traffic in the lots over there are the same as it's always been. To paraphrase Mark Twain … news of our alleged imminent demise has been greatly exaggerated.

P.S. to Darius - my comment about Fourth of July or Labor Day was a comment about when I expect it will take until things to return to any degree of normalcy. I hope I'm wrong, but voices of optimism are being crushed, and the stank of panic will make it hard to be among the first to step forward out of this situation. Look at all the crap I draw just on here (and lest anyone say I'm "whining" - no, I'm not, I'm still here, and I accept it all, good and bad), and multiply that by a million or so, and that's the burden that will be out there on the first few folks who dare to step out, and invoke the wrath of the "safe at all costs" brigade.

P.P.S. - going to another thread to speak ill of your pals here … tsk, tsk, you're better than that.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                            Chuck Todd is also a
                            C
                            U
                            N
                            T
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• What a rambling, disingenuous mess...

368 people died in Italy today, that’s where we’re heading - and entirely unnecessarily - if we can’t take basic, easily implemented and non-invasive precautions. That’s nearly twice your worst case example in a much smaller country and in a much more rapidly increasing fashion than any flu - would that number be high enough for you to give a flip about anyone but yourself? Or higher still? What’s the number, Chuck?

I mean good grief - all you have to do is keep quiet and spend a couple weeks mostly at home and then you can take a victory lap for the rest of your days about how very few died from COVID-19 and we’re all a bunch of snowflakes. It’s a win-win...

You sound like a ‘spoiled millennial’ every time you claim to be dealing with actual oppression as related to this virus...

I wanted to go to the gym today, but instead worked out at home before we walked to the park across the street. I wanted to go out for pizza too, but cooked my own and streamed A Few Good Men. You’re right, it’s basically like living in a police state...

The biggest over reaction attached to this entire affair remains self-righteous know-it-alls who feel the constant need to play the victim card and insist on ****ing and moaning about every societal behavior they disagree with. You’re an old man yelling at clouds and rationalizing your partisanship - not some misunderstood optimist...

If we had reacted in January, instead of last week we wouldn’t even be dealing with the restrictions we're dealing with today. If we could make the smallest of sacrifices now, we wouldn’t have to worry about any further restriction. Anything else we need to put up with (and any threat to small business) you can lay directly at your own feet - and the feet of those like you - for defiantly flouting the simplest of public health advice to make a point about your own tough mindedness...

Keep rolling your eyes about what you apparently deem to be passive aggressive and condescending behavior...only one more dot for you to connect in that regard...
                              Last edited by Dan; 03-16-2020, 01:54 AM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                                I am not, never was, a Fox News guy, but they used to do a very good job when actually reporting actual news. Sheppard Smith resigning was the last straw. Done, except for toggling back and forth with MSNBC when I want the feeling of being in two different countries without leaving the couch.
                                Haha that made my day. You are braver than I sir...I have to leave the room lol when the hubs has it on. Country? You mean planets...ha!

Ps...I miss hockey...watching Beanpot re-runs just don't cut it. how are the rest of you dealing with no sports??? My friends are actually worried about me...

Comment

Working...
                                X