Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Hockey: Where Do We Go From Here....

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
    Wyse got a game misconduct? Sit him for the rest of his short lived career.
    +1
    UNH

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      Onto BC and most likely the end of the season.
      Well, the scenario is simple. 1) sweep BC and hope that BU beats NU once . 2) split with BC and hope that BU beats NU twice. Either scenario gets 8th place. The second scenario is definitely not out of the question. NU getting swept by Vermont kept UNH's hopes alive.

Comment

So who put the cement in our boys skates tonight? Some flashes of good play but a lot of slop for the majority of the game. To put it in volleyball terms Mack and UVM gave us some great sets the last two weeks and we spike it into the net to fall on our side. Come on guys, play like there is something on the line because in case you haven't noticed... there is...

It's a shame that the season looks like it will be over after next weekend since they really showed what they could do early on. Same mistakes as usual though down the stretch, untimely penalties, abysmal passing and there is your end result. Tonight was really reminiscent of the last two Umile years in just how sloppy the play was.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Well, the scenario is simple. 1) sweep BC and hope that BU beats NU once . 2) split with BC and hope that BU beats NU twice. Either scenario gets 8th place. The second scenario is definitely not out of the question. NU getting swept by Vermont kept UNH's hopes alive.
          Thanks for that but this fan is all done hoping and wishing OTHER TEAMS would do something when we had our chance to. I mean...heck, it's possible but my hopes for anything have gone out the window. Would love to be more positive and would love to see a different end to this story. We did not have it when it mattered for whatever reason, I do not know. Anyway...another year looking from the outside in, sorry to say.

Ps. I am no longer a Maine fan
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Thread title suggestion for whoever shuts the lights off on this one in a week:
            UNH offseason thread: goodbye Lake Whitt, hello Towse Pond
            "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
            Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
            NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
            EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
            AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Cats just need to take four straight from Iggles and see ya at da Gahdin.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Unfortunately, that wouldn't be unreasonable (to at least win one game), except that BC is most likely not going to go through the motions. There is lots of consternation over on the BC thread about NCAA match ups, so they are going to try to get as high as possible in the PWR (they are hoping at least top 4 so they can get a #1 seed). In short, don't expect a letdown from them because they have everything "sewn up." And that's not the way York plays it, anyway. He has them rolling at just the right time (as he always seems to), and they do NOT want to go into the playoffs on a down note.

Comment

Unfortunately, that wouldn't be unreasonable (to at least win one game), except that BC is most likely not going to go through the motions. There is lots of consternation over on the BC thread about NCAA match ups, so they are going to try to get as high as possible in the PWR (they are hoping at least top 4 so they can get a #1 seed). In short, don't expect a letdown from them because they have everything "sewn up." And that's not the way York plays it, anyway. He has them rolling at just the right time (as he always seems to), and they do NOT want to go into the playoffs on a down note.
                  Oh, believe me...we don't expect a meltdown...come on...you don't think we know who we are up against? Give us that much credit...it is going to take a miracle. And, I doubt UNH will go down without a fight. If they do mail it in...shame on them. If BC is the team they seem to be, they should win HE and some are speculating they could win it all. Of course, I doubt NU thought they'd get swept by UVM, but, I digress. I'm excited for our women's team!! Go Cats Go!!!!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Then again, BC may want to rest some of its better players, given that UNH has been channeling the Hanson Brothers in recent weeks
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      If we do that, I'll buy you beers from now to eternity.
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                        Then again, BC may want to rest some of its better players, given that UNH has been channeling the Hanson Brothers in recent weeks
                        Seriously....we should get the D some of those glasses to wear for good measure in fact, get it over with in the pregame....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHMi-j7W2gM
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-01-2020, 11:32 AM.
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          I doubt it

You want to go into post season firing on all cylinders

BC wants to be in position for seeding purposes in the regionals and losing games is not it or resting players when they’re not hurt
                          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            Seriously....we should get the D some of those glasses to wear for good measure in fact, get it over with in the pregame....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHMi-j7W2gM
                            BWAH HA HA HA HA HA!!!
                            UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              I doubt it

You want to go into post season firing on all cylinders

BC wants to be in position for seeding purposes in the regionals and losing games is not it or resting players when they’re not hurt
                              I don't think BC has much to worry about with UNH!
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Or heck, we can always rely on the venerable Obi Wan Kenobi for help...channeling my inner Princess Leia since all other pleadings for help have fallen on deaf ears...This is our most desperate hour! Other teams have tried to help, but we have not been able to accept their gifts. We face the most formidable of foes...nowhere else to turn!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RDIJfoBhFU
                                Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-01-2020, 01:13 PM.
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X