Crunch Time Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunch Time Weekend

We are at that point in the season where teams will make or break their season! In the CCC there is a logjam at the top with UNE and Endicott each with 34 points. I think Endicott gets the top spot with 12 wins. Endicott has two games this weekend with Wentworth and then closes the season against Becker. UNE has two against WNEU and finishes against Wentworth. I think the big games with the most on the line is Salve and Curry, with the outside chance for Nichols to make a move. Timimg is everything and the teams who are going well now (Nichols and Endicott) may have the edge.

In the NEHC, it looks as though Norwich has the top spot all but secured. Babson has a tough weekend, albeit at home with Hobart and Skidmore coming to town. UMassBoston could catch NEC with a good weekend and an upset by USM. Norwich has been very stingy with the goals they give! That can't hurt going into the playoffs.

Plymouth State seems to be in control in the MASCAC with four games left in the season. I haven't followed this conference too much. Some of the programs have some great history in hockey. There have been some real characters to come through some of those programs.

NESCAC has been a tough one to figure. Trinity and Williams seemed unstoppable at the beginning of the season, but both ran through some rough patches in the mid season. Middlebury has had a nice renaissance this year and I cannot imagine the Alums of Bowdoin and Colby are happy with where they are. Given the new facility set to open in Waterville, I would bet there are greater expectations. But, then what do I know.

What about the conference west of New England? SUNYAC seems settled and UCHC looks like there is a race going on there. The MIAC looks like they have been beating each other up all season, is this the case?

This is always a bittersweet time because it means the season is ending and it is a long way to October! Would love to hear from others about your conference and your team.

Re: Crunch Time Weekend

In before Fishman posts a sarcastic comment about how in the grand scheme of things the regular season doesnt matter anyways.

Comment

Norwich has clinched the NEHC regular season. They hold the tiebreaker in the unlikely event of a tie with Babson.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

When you're hot you're hot, when you're not... you're the SUNYAC..unless you happen to be Genny. Need some upsets the coming weeks to keep it interesting. Even Remy's favorite independent, Canton, has cooled off.

Comment

Good luck tonight to all the teams. It has been a very interesting regular season with a few surprises in every league. A lot of Norwich regulars apparently off tonight to attempt to heal some bruises and strains, but I am sure the bench is very ready. Tommy Aubrun is in the net, looking to continue the team's shut out run of 4 games in a row and 9 shut outs this season for the team and 8 shut outs for Aubrun (remember the last 5 minutes of the first Skidmore game). Hoping we can come out of this game and actually this weekend without any injuries and 2 wins.
          There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

In a game interested to Utica Folks.......Stevenson 1 - Nazareth 1 after 2
            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Nazareth defeats Stevenson in the 3 x 3 second OT period. Naz picks up 2 points while Stevenson get 1 point. Utica and Stevenson end the evening tied for 2nd in the UCHC with 37 points each.
              2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
              2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
              2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
              2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
              2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
              2009 D-III TOP runner-up
              Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
              1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Norwich didn't disappoint. Tom Aubrun gets his 6th shutout in a row as the Cadets beat Johnson&Wales 5-0.
                Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Another solid performance by the offense and defense for Norwich despite a number of players subbed in for the walking wounded. It looked like all the guys were comfortable with the lines and there were very few mistakes made that I could see. So glad Josh Cronin scored, he has had a solid season defensively and deserved getting one in.

Tomorrow is Suffolk and that team seems to rattle Norwich a bit. As the players say "if we stick to the system", which they have pretty much done, and refined, I think tomorrow we will see a more offensive Norwich than we have with Suffolk previously. Keep on rolling, Norwich, I'll be cheering you on from a much warmer Florida climate than what you've got blowing up North.
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                    Norwich didn't disappoint. Tom Aubrun gets his 6th shutout in a row as the Cadets beat Johnson&Wales 5-0.
                    Fifth shutout in a row. NCAA Division III record for consecutive shutouts.
                    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      Fifth shutout in a row. NCAA Division III record for consecutive shutouts.
                      Norwich is going to be very tough for every team. Someone said they just need "to work their system", and they must be working it to a "T". They will have to be the top seed in the NCAA tourney! The rest of us can just hope we can catch them on an off day.

Salve threw another stinker at Curry last night. I didn't watch the entire game (was switching between UNE/WNEU) but they looked like they were playing with no sense of urgency. As for UNE, they still seem to be a puzzle to me, they can look flawless on one shift and totally flawed on the next. Endicott took care of business on Friday and Nichols continues to play well.

It looks like there are some big games on tap in the UCHC. How big is that Utica/Stevenson game tonight (rhetorical question!), but should be a good one to watch. Also the Utica/Wilkes next week. Still a lot to settle in the UCHC.

NESCAC still has three teams that need to settle who'll finish at the top. Next weekend's Trinity/Wesleyan could make some changes.

Enjoy the games.

Comment

Lakers look to sweep Mville after a solid 4-0 win last night. The “Wizard of Kozzz” has been solid in net since getting his shot - first collegiate shutout last night. Let’s hope the second is tonight. Playing for the bye now. It’s been Survive and Advance mode since winter break. Hoping for a trip to the Ira and a chance.....
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Norwich wins 5-0 over Suffolk to finish #1 in the conference and have home ice throughout the playoffs. Goalie Tom Aubrun breaks the all-time record for consecutive shutout minutes in D III with his 6th shutout in a row, surpassing the record held by St. Norbert by about 50 minutes.
                          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                            Norwich wins 5-0 over Suffolk to finish #1 in the conference and have home ice throughout the playoffs. Goalie Tom Aubrun breaks the all-time record for consecutive shutout minutes in D III with his 6th shutout in a row, surpassing the record held by St. Norbert by about 50 minutes.
                            This is quite a feat! I doesn't matter who you're playing against, the keep the puck out of the net for that long is very special. And Norwich was playing some good competition over the stretch. I hope the NCAA takes note of this... Hell, I hope the whole hockey world takes note of this.

Congratulations to Norwich Goalie Tom Aubrun and to the entire team of Cadets. I think it will be a long time before anyone matches this feat!

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                              This is quite a feat! I doesn't matter who you're playing against, the keep the puck out of the net for that long is very special. And Norwich was playing some good competition over the stretch. I hope the NCAA takes note of this... Hell, I hope the whole hockey world takes note of this.

Congratulations to Norwich Goalie Tom Aubrun and to the entire team of Cadets. I think it will be a long time before anyone matches this feat!
                              https://www.norwichathletics.com/spo...20200215u38car

All the notes and stats from the win.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X