Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PrimeLink Sold - Tournament Name Change?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrimeLink Sold - Tournament Name Change?

According to the Press Republican, PrimeLink has been sold to FirstLight.

“There will be a phase-out of the PrimeLink name and logo, but it will still be all the same local people,” Vicki Marking told The Press-Republican. “So the local technicians, the local customer service, the sales and marketing that has been based here in Plattsburgh — that will all continue.

We want people to know that we’re keeping that local feel, we’re keeping those*local people, but, at the same time, we’re infusing so many resources that a smaller, regional company just wouldn’t have access to.”

So, what does this mean for the tournament?

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post

“There will be a phase-out of the PrimeLink name and logo, but it will still be all the same local people,” Vicki Marking told The Press-Republican. “So the local technicians, the local customer service, the sales and marketing that has been based here in Plattsburgh — that will all continue.

We want people to know that we’re keeping that local feel, we’re keeping those*local people, but, at the same time, we’re infusing so many resources that a smaller, regional company just wouldn’t have access to.”

So, what does this mean for the tournament?
    Sounds like the dawn of a new day.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: PrimeLink Sold - Tournament Name Change?

I think the tournament will stick around, even if FirstLight decides to stop sponsoring it. They'll likely find a new title sponsor. Companies like W.B. Mason who sponsors the Winter Classic at Plattsburgh and Casella Waste (who has arena signage sponsorships) both do business on both sides of the lake, just for an example. Or they could just market it as an unbranded Great Northern Shootout without the title sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post

Everytime a deal like this is made, the same promises are made - after a transition period it all goes away. Look a what happened to all of the Vermont based banks that were bought out at the end of the 20th Century - promises were made, and then the localness went away. Remember Merchant's Bank, Chittenden Bank, Banknorth, and The Howard Bank? All sopped up in banking conglomerates after pledging to "stay local" . Telecommunications companies are even less likely to keep those promises. Hopefully someone will step up and sponsor the tournament.
        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
          I think the tournament will stick around, even if FirstLight decides to stop sponsoring it. They'll likely find a new title sponsor. Companies like W.B. Mason who sponsors the Winter Classic at Plattsburgh and Casella Waste (who has arena signage sponsorships) both do business on both sides of the lake, just for an example. Or they could just market it as an unbranded Great Northern Shootout without the title sponsor.
          I'm inclined to agree with this assessment. Unless there is some sort of tangible benefit to FirstLight that I'm not aware of, I would see this sponsorship end. There are a few companies (named above) that might be interested in stepping in for the reasons stated.
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
            I'm inclined to agree with this assessment. Unless there is some sort of tangible benefit to FirstLight that I'm not aware of, I would see this sponsorship end. There are a few companies (named above) that might be interested in stepping in for the reasons stated.
            I had the unfortunate experience of actually working with First light. I can tell you it was a horrible experience
            . They have lots of bad work practices that put their contractors at risk of being electrocuted. Do not expect worstelight to step up for a sponsor.
            Oswego'88

Comment

Working...
            X