Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting V - Does it even matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    “Have you… have you tried doing a spin-o-rama in your own crease? Cuz I’m out of ideas, man…”
    I was at BOTH of those games! Denver and North Dakota. I got a front row view of the Denver save from section 128.

Comment

He's answered the question about how goalies improve without a "positional coach". Connelly is the coach.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting V - Does it even matter?

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
        He's answered the question about how goalies improve without a "positional coach". Connelly is the coach.
        Not that I don't believe you, but I have not officially put my eyes or ears to hearing or reading this. Do you have any info when this was mentioned? Todd Milewski has gotten communicated with on twitter about this and has never confirmed or denied what is going on with the goalie coach. If Connelly is the goalie coach, he should be fired.

The problem is all these guys are too buddy buddy and it's hard to fathom firing a very close friend. Objectivity is dead.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Not that I don't believe you, but I have not officially put my eyes or ears to hearing or reading this. Do you have any info when this was mentioned? Todd Milewski has gotten communicated with on twitter about this and has never confirmed or denied what is going on with the goalie coach. If Connelly is the goalie coach, he should be fired.

The problem is all these guys are too buddy buddy and it's hard to fathom firing a very close friend. Objectivity is dead.
          Granato, at one of the Wisconsin Hockey Backer luncheons, did say in not so many words that Connelly is coaching them without being on the ice as a coach as that would be against NCAA rules.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            Granato, at one of the Wisconsin Hockey Backer luncheons, did say in not so many words that Connelly is coaching them without being on the ice as a coach as that would be against NCAA rules.
            Thank you. So they have a pretend coach who doesn't go on the ice with them or he does go on the ice but he pretends to be doing his other duties? At any rate, it's not working. At all. Too bad the NCAA doesn't bust them on this, that would help us quite a lot actually.

Comment

Somewhere Bill Howard is shaking his head and thinking What the hell is going on out there.
              UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
                Somewhere Bill Howard is shaking his head and thinking What the hell is going on out there.
                +1

Comment

Living so close to Lambeau field Tim, I had to use the Vince Lombardi quote.
                  UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
                    Living so close to Lambeau field Tim, I had to use the Vince Lombardi quote.
                    A classic quote for sure. I hope someday we'll never have to use it in regards to UW hockey.

Comment

Liam Malmquist and Daniel Laatsch both signed NLI's last fall; they will be playing in USHL next year per Todd Milewski. Note correction, Malmquist in BCHL for one more year. And Laatsch went 7th overall in USHL draft.

Last edited by WiscTJK; 05-05-2020, 01:35 PM.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I have updated the spreadsheet with the Malmquist and Laatsch changes.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Curious. Probably good in the long term as this caps the forwards at 15 for this year and maybe let’s players get more action and less time competing from the bench.

I assume this doesn’t release them from the NLI? Or what does that mean for them in terms of possibly being poached?
                          Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 05-05-2020, 08:47 PM.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Curious. Probably good in the long term as this caps the forwards at 15 for this year and maybe let’s players get more action and less time competing from the bench.

I assume this doesn’t release them from the NLI? Or what does that mean for them in terms of possibly being poached?
                            Pretty sure they can go elsewhere if they want.

When you say cap at 15, I see TONS of forwards lined up in that spreadsheet. At least five of those kids in grey won't end up badgers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                              Pretty sure they can go elsewhere if they want.

When you say cap at 15, I see TONS of forwards lined up in that spreadsheet. At least five of those kids in grey won't end up badgers.
                              I’m assuming the ones who haven’t signed an NLI by now aren’t coming this year. And likely not at all.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                Liam Malmquist and Daniel Laatsch both signed NLI's last fall; they will be playing in USHL next year per Todd Milewski. Note correction, Malmquist in BCHL for one more year. And Laatsch went 7th overall in USHL draft.

I'm bummed Malmquist has been put off a year, but picking up Byce last year and not losing CC are factors. It will be fun to watch how he and Laastch do next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X