Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting V - Does it even matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Recruiting V - Does it even matter?

Thanks to Timothy A for the thread title suggestion.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting V - Does it even matter?

No. It doesn’t.

Not in Madison.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      No. It doesn’t.

Not in Madison.
      Thankfully you went with Jim Jay Bullock, you are right!
      Circle gets the square.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        Thanks to Timothy A for the thread title suggestion.
        That title is SO brutal. I was in a dark place when I posted that. I'm feeling better now.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          Thankfully you went with Jm J. Bullock, you are right!
          Circle gets the square.
          Fixed your post.

���� Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FoGAHhWl8o
          Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-10-2020, 07:30 PM.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Tagged! Great name for the status of the team!
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Some Saturday AM I am bored with life recruiting observations….

Matty DSP is tied for 4th in the USHL for scoring (45 in 40), so he has continued his strong play. He and his teammates occupy 5 of the top 7 scoring spots. Stange is 14th with 40 pts in 40 games.

Rowe is 13th in save % out of 21 qualified goalies (.897). Come on lad, crack .900!

FWIW, Urdahl and Horbach are listed by elite prospects as coming to UW in 21-22, not 20-21. Just as observation. Who knows, right?

Comment

Matty DSP currently stands atop the USHL scoring heap with 30-30-60pts in 49 games played.

Sam Stange is 17th (45pts) in scoring and T-5th in goals (26). Stange was traded recently from Sioux City (by our very own Chuck Schwartz!) and had 2g - 1a in his first 3 games with his new team (Sioux Falls) which I thought was pretty impressive.

It's significant to me that Sam and DSP are the first two guys in quite awhile that probably could have come in and played, but were instead pushed to play this year in Juniors. They are going to come in next year older, wiser, and still with 4 years of eligibility. That's a big step in the right direction when it comes to getting the recruiting mix right.

Elsewhere future Badgers Nick Pierre, Dylan Godbout, and Joey Padliochuk powered Hill Murray to the MN 2A championship over the weekend. Pierre was just announced as a USNTDP invitee as well.
                Senior Captain Charlie Strobel led HM with 2g in the final. Mark's nephew and Mike's son will likely head to Sioux City next year. Hopefully he continues to develop as I certainly wouldn't mind having another Strobel on the ice for the Badgers in a couple years.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Malmquist is also having a really nice season as well for the Vee's, 16/23 in 58. It is his first season in the BCHL, maybe he gets deferred but I hope not, this is his Sr. year in HS from what I can tell. I just want to load up with 3 new F who could possibly bring a new outlook to the locker room.

Comment

Charlie Strobel committed to Minnesota. Wow. I would have guessed he might have wanted to play for his uncle.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Charlie Strobel committed to Minnesota. Wow. I would have guessed he might have wanted to play for his uncle.
                      Not every deranged mind is saved from a bad decision like that. Also, UW has quite a few players on the roster, would he have cracked the line-up the next 2 years?

Comment

We need to move Grannan back a year. Apparently Todd D wrote about him earlier this year and said he was pushed back at least 1 year due to the poor U17 and shaky U18 performance.

Comment

We got any defensive defensemen coming in?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            Why? 😁
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              Why? 😁
                              Probably wants to play for a team with hope?
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                              X