Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting V - Does it even matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting V - Does it even matter?

Was he in the NAHL simply because he was bumped? Otherwise I was trying to think how he wound up down there.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Was he in the NAHL simply because he was bumped? Otherwise I was trying to think how he wound up down there.
      Goaltender Robbie Beydoun from Michigan Tech transferring to Wisconsin next year per his Twitter.

Comment

Gotta admit, that transfer is a surprise to me.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          Gotta admit, that transfer is a surprise to me.
          Wonder if there will be a departure?

Bedoun will be a Senior.
          Last edited by DPlaya; 04-04-2020, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
            Wonder if there will be a departure?

Bedoun will be a Senior.
            I have added him to the recruiting spreadsheet. It's certainly an interesting development.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

We all know what this means.

The only times we’ve ever had four tenders on at once before, two of them were usually local walk-on emergency guys.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Lebby is being given his walking papers, I would guess. Tony's been good at blaming and underrcutting his goalies. How about they clean up the play in front of the goalie?
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Don’t expect TG to do anything wise when it comes to goaltending or defense.

He just doesn’t have it in him.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    Lebby is being given his walking papers, I would guess. Tony's been good at blaming and underrcutting his goalies. How about they clean up the play in front of the goalie?
                    I'm not sure on that. He may lose his whole or most of his Jr season, but then the next year it's just Lebby, Rowe and Garrity, who is a practice guy and maybe maybe Grannan depending on how he develops. At least the USDP has goaltending coaches.

I just don't understand how they can expect a goalie to get better without coaching. If Connelly is a secret coach, he sucks and should be replaced.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      IIf Connelly is a secret coach, he sucks and should be replaced.
                      “Have you… have you tried doing a spin-o-rama in your own crease? Cuz I’m out of ideas, man…”

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Don’t expect TG to do anything wise when it comes to goaltending or defense.

He just doesn’t have it in him.
                        Granato keeps doing the same stupid stuff. Assistant captain transfers. Bringing in another senior transfer goalie. Has he ever thought that maybe team chemistry is important? BC with all the talent this team had last year... obviously chemistry was a problem since they were in last place and had bipolar type of play.

And with the over recruiting, constantly changing lines and benching goalies... I really dont think he understands how to meld a team. It's like hes getting worse, and being stubborn and doubling down on the bad decisions hes made in the past.

It's almost unreal watching this stuff.

Comment

Speaking of goalies.....NHL central scouting has Grannan 15th among goalies and Rowe 25th. They were 8th and 19th in January.

So if Grannan got delayed because of performance, what does the rankings say about Rowe?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Speaking of goalies.....NHL central scouting has Grannan 15th among goalies and Rowe 25th. They were 8th and 19th in January.

So if Grannan got delayed because of performance, what does the rankings say about Rowe?
                            Tim,

Grannon is a full year younger than Rowe. I assume he on a similar trajectory as Rowe who played last year in the USHL.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

And where is WiscoMcBadgerton who pounded us for poo pooing the Save% and GAA on Rowe and Grannon. They are dropping like rocks in the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                They are dropping like rocks in the rankings.
                                WITH coaching. Someone just needs to ask TG how in the world he can expect a goalie to improve w/o a positional coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X