X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    They don't have solid team defense, Jimmy Howard had solid team defense.
    That I know, I was referring to solid goaltending...OK?

Comment

Yay Bears. They got the home ice split, very nice. Eeeeeeked it out past their recent nemesis....a step in the right direction. But man o man you have got to be able to score more than a goal a game to get anywhere. I dont care how good Swayman is, he can't carry the team forever....a little help would be nice. Ought to be able to create and take more chances with solid goal tending behind ya. In any event it will be good for the locals to see a campus quarterfinal series up close and personal. I'm sure most fans in the area have never seen one.
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

My impression of last night's game was that for the majority of it, it was an evenly matched game. There was a strech of several minutes in the second period where PC didn't have a SOG. And for most of the game, the teams would trade a couple minutes of zone time back and forth and get a chance or two for each team. The problem was that on more than one occasion, Maine got themselves pinned in the D zone for minutes at a time and let Providence fire off seemingly 10 shots in the span of a minute. The returned the favor to Providence maybe one time that I can think of. Sometimes their zone D is pretty good, and other times they run around like crazy and can't do anything. A more consistent D zone effort is going to be key going forward. I also would like to see them shoot more, but also take better shots. They seem to pass endlessly trying to set up a perfect play, which of course nearly never comes. Then when they do shoot, it seems to get blocked like crazy because they choose bad times to shoot. Those are the improvements they need to make to stick around going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
          One last tidbit: WOMEN's Hockey today @ 12 noon...semi-finals versus #1 seed Northeastern...on NESNPLUS. Go Maine!!!
          Yes, let’s hope girls let it fly. Vanisova is about as good as it gets in women’s game. Hopefully she has a monster game!

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
            My impression of last night's game was that for the majority of it, it was an evenly matched game. There was a strech of several minutes in the second period where PC didn't have a SOG. And for most of the game, the teams would trade a couple minutes of zone time back and forth and get a chance or two for each team. The problem was that on more than one occasion, Maine got themselves pinned in the D zone for minutes at a time and let Providence fire off seemingly 10 shots in the span of a minute. The returned the favor to Providence maybe one time that I can think of. Sometimes their zone D is pretty good, and other times they run around like crazy and can't do anything. A more consistent D zone effort is going to be key going forward. I also would like to see them shoot more, but also take better shots. They seem to pass endlessly trying to set up a perfect play, which of course nearly never comes. Then when they do shoot, it seems to get blocked like crazy because they choose bad times to shoot. Those are the improvements they need to make to stick around going forward.
            Ok. So play better defense, and shoot more, but don’t get it blocked. Get it on net. Score more. Ok, got it. Why didn’t they think of that already.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Yes, let’s hope girls let it fly. Vanisova is about as good as it gets in women’s game. Hopefully she has a monster game!
              Game is on nesn plus right now.

Comment

Game is on nesn plus right now.
                Ida press scores a power play goal. Go girls goooo gd am uh!

Comment

#7 Maine up early on #1 Northeastern.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    #7 Maine up early on #1 Northeastern.
                    Not a bad first twenty. Northeastern is fast and aggressive. Hopefully Maine has some gas in the tank because it’s going to be a battle to beat that team.

Comment

• Ali Johnson having an awesome game.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        Ali Johnson having an awesome game.
                        2 nice saves on rebounds.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Ali Johnson having an awesome game.
                          Ally Johnson.

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          2 nice saves on rebounds.
                          Carly's been a rock in net for four years. It is possible we've seen the best ever men's and women's goaltenders in Orono these last few seasons.

Comment

Maine looks tired, NU 2-1 over Maine
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Maine looks tired, NU 2-1 over Maine
                              Gassed

Comment

Gassed
                                Gotta start taking chances. Maine has no forecheck right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X