This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walrus View Post
    No tix, haven't set foot in Alfond for couple years. No one wanted to go including me.
    Now that’s a sad statement right there . You always walked 10 miles uphill in a snowstorm to see a game in the old days 😠. Sadly I havent watched Maine in person for probably 5 years now
    Last edited by acs64; 02-10-2020, 06:10 PM.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
      Now that’s a sad statement right there . You always walked 10 miles uphill in a snowstorm to see a game in the old days ��
      Yup, didn't miss many games for 20 years or more but the style of play and the lack of discipline simply drove me nuts. No doubt spoiled by Shawn and Grant. I can watch online or on TV and when I get POed I just turn it off, no drive home, just a walk to the bedroom
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Now that’s a sad statement right there . You always walked 10 miles uphill in a snowstorm to see a game in the old days 😠. Sadly I havent watched Maine in person for probably 5 years now
        Me too. Saw hand full of games in last few years in person.

It has been nothing but oversized slow players. But this year there is more of a blend. Starting to get back to playing faster with speed. But not there yet. Next year might be a good speed year. But I like this Fossier and Doherty. Good speedy and crafty kids.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post

It has been nothing but oversized slow players. But this year there is more of a blend. Starting to get back to playing faster with speed. But not there yet. Next year might be a good speed year. But I like this Fossier and Doherty. Good speedy and crafty kids.
          As much as to say for the love of god more Fossiers, Dohertys, Dawes, etc...

Comment

Same.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post

Thought Fossier was special as a frosh....... had a remarkable start to that year if I recall but he is a senior now right? Haven’t seen Doherty play yet. Maine has size and a good goalie huh? Don’t know how far that can take you. Love quick and crafty forwards myself
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Thought Fossier was special as a frosh....... had a remarkable start to that year if I recall but he is a senior now right? Haven’t seen Doherty play yet. Maine has size and a good goalie huh? Don’t know how far that can take you. Love quick and crafty forwards myself
                Fossier and Doherty are seniors. Not sure either, but I would rather see how far Maine goes with Swayman in net vs. not. Maine has been trapping at times lately, which is different than the Red all out size hammer boards mentality.

Comment

puke... gaaa... kaaa...

I think we need Bu to do well. Because we own that comp.

Tippy?

Comment

Maine can't finish. They never have under Red.

Averaging <2.5 GPG would seem to put them in No-wheres-ville, but they're certainly in the conversation right now, which is kinda amazing.

If this team is going anywhere, it'll be because of the excellent goal-tending and the very decent D.

They get a bid, they have a shot at the FF. I actually believe that. But the getting-in will the hard part. Maine is only a couple of mis-steps from dropping completely out of the PW picture.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-10-2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Maine can't finish. They never have under Red.

Averaging <2.5 GPG would seem to put them in No-wheres-ville, but they're certainly in the conversation right now, which is kinda amazing.

If this team is going anywhere, it'll be because of the excellent goal-tending and the very decent D.

They get a bid, they have a shot at the FF. I actually believe that. But the getting-in will the hard part. Maine is only a couple of mis-steps from dropping completely out of the PW picture.
                      He prob built bucksport bridge.

Comment

I don't disagree, but couldn't the same be said of most teams in Maine's neighborhood in the Pairwise? It's very close this year, and an unexpected stumble by any of them can sink their hopes, not just Maine.

Comment

the Key to beating UConn is to neutralize Firstov. Hammer him and smother him.
                          Last edited by BlackI; 02-10-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            I don't disagree, but couldn't the same be said of most teams in Maine's neighborhood in the Pairwise? It's very close this year, and an unexpected stumble by any of them can sink their hopes, not just Maine.
                            True enough. But a Maine stumble wouldn't be a shock.

This team has benefited greatly from a perfect storm at BC. Maine went from 31 to 15 overnight as a result.

That was 3-card-Monte circumstance, but it could hold up if Maine runs the table, or nearly does.

Peeps, this Maine team isn't any better up-front than the other recent ones. We all know that. It's been about the soft schedule, the general parity, but mostly about Swayman.

Still, if the cards fall, Maine might get a bid, and I'll be in Albany to see them if that happens.
                            Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-10-2020, 10:31 PM.

Comment

True enough. But a Maine stumble wouldn't be a shock.

This team has benefited greatly from a perfect storm at BC. Maine went from 31 to 15 overnight as a result.

That was 3-card-Monte circumstance, but it could hold up if Maine runs the table, or nearly does.

Peeps, this Maine team isn't any better up-front than the other recent ones. We all know that. It's been about the soft schedule, the general parity, but mostly about Swayman.

Still, if the cards fall, Maine might get a bid, and I'll be in Albany to see them if that happens.
                              I would argue that Maine has just as many quality wins as they do bad losses/ties, about 4 each. Other than that it's largely been a steady stream of beating teams worse than them and losing to teams better than them. The one other difference maker has been finally not giving away home games that they should have been winning, as they have been prone to in the past. If you can perform at home like Maine has been, it dosen't take much on the road to get yourself in the national conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post
                                OSU's draw the last time they were in Allentown was about 12 - give or take
                                The NCAA doesn't care. It gets paid no matter what. And it can tell the hosts "Hey, we gave you local Big 10 teams!"

If Maine does what it should the next four games the Bears could be atop Hockey East on Miracle Day. That doesn't mean they'll win the title - other teams will have multiple games in hand - but home ice is almost guaranteed. But Maine has to beat UConn twice to get there. Two wins in six years...

Comment

Working...
                                X