X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by dunbar View Post
    That was 2004.
    I'm sure you're right. I forget sh*t sometimes.

Wasn't that the year that Maine beat WI in the Regional final? Forgot that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Wasn't that the year that Maine beat WI in the Regional final? Forgot that, too.
      Yes, Maine won 2-1 in OT. Your memory is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Yes, Maine won 2-1 in OT. Your memory is fine.
        Colin Shields scored from a mile away to give Maine the lead right away, then Hamilton was credited with a goal that nobody really saw hours later, and after a million replays. NOW I dismember!

Those were fun times.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-09-2020, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Just keep winning, the season is far from over when seeding for the NCAAs comes into play.
          Exactly. "Seeding" the tournament at this point is akin to fantasy sports. And that is merely D&D for sports dorks.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Doesn't mean a whole lot (because polls) but Maine is 17th this week. A little national recognition can't hurt...

Comment

Because you are an old man and can't run an Iphone?
              Well I thought there might be some techno-geeks on this board who could lend a hand, ya know? But I guess I'll have to keep entering my id and password everytime I log onto uscho. Whoa is me

Laptop does not require it, only the Me Phone....MMmmmmmm, leftover ribs for lunch....I have perfected those
              Last edited by acs64; 02-10-2020, 11:57 AM.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                Doesn't mean a whole lot (because polls) but Maine is 17th this week. A little national recognition can't hurt...
                Whaddya mean? Poles mean everything....we all live and die by 'em
                When was the last time UMaine was even ranked in the top 20 ??

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  Whaddya mean? Poles mean everything....we all live and die by 'em
                  When was the last time UMaine was even ranked in the top 20 ??
                  In the 17-18 season they spent a week at #20, then proceeded to get walloped at Matthews Arena by #10 Northeastern by identical 5-3 scores. They haven't re-entered the top 20 until this week since then. I have no idea what the last time was before that.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                    Indeed...nice to see that if your in the Polls must mean your doing something right, like winning. Now need to keep winning and "TRY" to secure home ice in the Hockey East Playoffs, from there make some noise in the Playoffs and see how it all works out in getting into the NCAA's...better at this time then most of us thought at the beginning of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                      I wonder when Maine will start getting credit for beating ranked Hockey East teams?
                      Kirby sneaks in a new thread. I’m looking since yesterday for postings. I can’t catch a break with NOTHIN’.
                      So here we are #17USCHO; #13 PWR. Late-ish in the season. I just went back and read the previous thread during late December. This was not a happy crew here… not me, not nobody...to put it mildly. Something has changed. Something has clicked. And we’ve got Swayman. Maine Hockey is relevant for the first time in 5-6 yrs. On to UConn. I would assume that Alfond will be packed to the gills this weekend. Beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        Kirby sneaks in a new thread. I’m looking since yesterday for postings. I can’t catch a break with NOTHIN’.
                        So here we are #17USCHO; #13 PWR. Late-ish in the season. I just went back and read the previous thread during late December. This was not a happy crew here… not me, not nobody...to put it mildly. Something has changed. Something has clicked. And we’ve got Swayman. Maine Hockey is relevant for the first time in 5-6 yrs. On to UConn. I would assume that Alfond will be packed to the gills this weekend. Beautiful.
                        Packed to the gills? I doubt it. Isnt it tourney week? Both games on tv. Its uconn

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Well I thought there might be some techno-geeks on this board who could lend a hand, ya know? But I guess I'll have to keep entering my id and password everytime I log onto uscho. Whoa is me

Laptop does not require it, only the Me Phone....MMmmmmmm, leftover ribs for lunch....I have perfected those
                          I use the app tapatalk for forums on my phone.

Comment

I use the app tapatalk for forums on my phone.

Oh you’re such the millineal feel good techno savvy boy -man Wally 😆
                            You still holding any season tix ??

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Indeed...nice to see that if your in the Polls must mean your doing something right, like winning. Now need to keep winning and "TRY" to secure home ice in the Hockey East Playoffs, from there make some noise in the Playoffs and see how it all works out in getting into the NCAA's...better at this time then most of us thought at the beginning of the season.
                              A sweep of UConn puts the chances of home ice at about 74%.

https://www.playoffstatus.com/hockeyeast/mainewhatif.html

Comment

Oh you’re such the millineal feel good techno savvy boy -man Wally ��
                                You still holding any season tix ??
                                No tix, haven't set foot in Alfond for couple years. No one wanted to go including me.

Comment

Working...
                                X