This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

The first was shaky, but they settled down and took it over. Nice win.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
      What's better for Maine.....Amherst win....Lowell win.....or a tie?
      A UMA win or tie. If UML wins they replace Maine in the Pairwise top 15. Right now, Maine is 15th.

ETA: A UML win also creates a three-way tie for second place with UMass and Lowell, and Maine loses tiebreakers to both and drops to 4th.
      Last edited by ticapnews; 02-21-2020, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        What's better for Maine.....Amherst win....Lowell win.....or a tie?
        I would err on the side of caution and go with MAINE..... GOOOOOO BLUE!!!!!!!

Comment

Lowell wins.

Comment

And....Lowell just won.

2 Lowell
            3 UMA
            4 Maine

Live Pairwise
            13 Western Michigan
            14 Northeastern
            15 Lowell
            16 Maine
            17 Minnesota (in progress)

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              And....Lowell just won.

2 Lowell
              3 UMA
              4 Maine

Live Pairwise
              13 Western Michigan
              14 Northeastern
              15 Lowell
              16 Maine
              17 Minnesota (in progress)
              Go win tomorrow then, this team actually has some spunk.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Go win tomorrow then, this team actually has some spunk.
                I can’t believe the stand aren’t full. It should be. Even if they give discounted tickets. Fill the stands tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/AqZceAQSJvc

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                    The fact that February games matter against a bad team like Vermont says that we have a lot to be thankful for. ...
                    I take your point but I disagree. It could just as easily be BC we are playing this w/e and that we already won 2 against Vermont a month ago. The games against a tough opponent, BC, would be super important the same as they are against lowly UVM. More for the hockey east standings than pairwise, granted. Look down the hockey east weekend schedule. Every game for every team except the bottom three are extremely important and have a big impact on HEA standings/playoffs.

I try to be objective but as a black bear alum I know that is not totally possible. This team has a decent amount of talent, a great goalie, but most important of all, this team has heart and guts. OK...Not every night, not every period, not every shift. But it is a substantially better effort they put out than last year‘s team or the year before’s or the year before’s. I think these guys have the ability to dig deep when they need to. That is a change.
                    Last edited by DoubleA; 02-21-2020, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                      I take your point but I disagree. It could just as easily be BC we are playing this w/e and that we already won 2 against Vermont a month ago. The games against a tough opponent, BC, would be super important the same as they are against lowly UVM. More for the hockey east standings then pairwise, granted. Look down the hockey east weekend schedule. Every game for every team except the bottom three are extremely important and have a big impact on HEA standings/playoffs.

I try to be objective but as a black bear alum I know that is not totally possible. This team has a decent amount of talent, a great goalie, but most important of all, this team has heart and guts. OK...Not every night, not every period, not every shift. But it is a substantially better effort they put out than last year‘s team or the year before’s or the year before’s. I think these guys have the ability to dig deep when they need to. That is a change.
                      Well when push comes to shove, this team responds. Look at their record in OT. Captain Fossier may never get accolades... but I love him as a captain. He is a **** winner.

Comment

Well when push comes to shove, this team responds. Look at their record in OT. Captain Fossier may never get accolades... but I love him as a captain. He is a **** winner.
                        RIGHT ONNN!! Win tomorrow night. Go from there.

Providence lost tonight. Friar fans are throwing furniture…
                        Last edited by DoubleA; 02-21-2020, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• The play of the night was when Tralmaks could have shot... but unselfishly dished to wide open net. Wow, that is a team guy. I love the fact that 5his team is playing as a team. Win tomorrow and the world could be your oyster.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                            They called it a five.
                            I know you like the balance. But I would love to see Dawe with Fossier and Doherty. Now that would overload a team. Hopefully we could just get a test run tomorrow. I’m not sure if that might be the best top line in college hockey.

Comment

• Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                              Merrimack carrying a 1-0 lead late in the third as well. Also good for Maine.

Anyone else going to Schneider next weekend?
                              Yuhh, thinking hard about it.

Comment

I know you like the balance. But I would love to see Dawe with Fossier and Doherty. Now that would overload a team. Hopefully we could just get a test run tomorrow. I’m not sure if that might be the best top line in college hockey.
                                6 goals tonight. 6 different guys. Balance.
                                Vermont is not a very good team. Lekas is a very good goalie. Put a decent team in front of him and his performance and GAA numbers improve dramatically. IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                                X