This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tony potter View Post
    so why does maine drop a spot in pairwise?i dont like that pairwise crap.....
    Lowell won at BC and the RPI boost was enough to lift them ahead of Maine (.0005) and Quinnipiac (.0001) which flipped comparisons. It is ridiculously close for the final spots right now.

Comment

Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Lowell won at BC and the RPI boost was enough to lift them ahead of Maine (.0005) and Quinnipiac (.0001) which flipped comparisons. It is ridiculously close for the final spots right now.
      If Maine were to sweep their next 6 games and won Hockey East regular season.....they may still not make the NCAA Tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
        If Maine were to sweep their next 6 games and won Hockey East regular season.....they may still not make the NCAA Tourney.
        @ Quinnipiac L 3-4
        @ St. Lawrence T 1-1
        @ Yale L 1-3
        @ Connecticut L 2-3
        Last edited by amkirby10; 02-08-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
          @ Quinnipiac L 3-4
          @ St. Lawrence T 1-1
          @ Yale L 1-3
          @ Connecticut L 2-3
          Flip any of those non-conference games to wins and Maine is in the top 10. Flip all three and Maine is fighting for the top seed in Albany or Worcester.

Comment

Flip any of those non-conference games to wins and Maine is in the top 10. Flip all three and Maine is fighting for the top seed in Albany or Worcester.
            Ok, then go ahead and flip all three. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Ok so can someone tell me why I have to enter my id and password every time I log in to uscho on my iPhone? Yes I check the box
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I think part of their recent success is due to team chemistry. Players have mentioned it in interviews during period intermissions. Trusting one another and having confidence in executing ones job are difference makers. I suppose Gendron is due a little credit as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  I think part of their recent success is due to team chemistry. Players have mentioned it in interviews during period intermissions. Trusting one another and having confidence in executing ones job are difference makers. I suppose Gendron is due a little credit as well.
                  Having a team that actually has skill and the willingness to play the style Gendron wants helps. Seems like everyone is buying in which is crucial.

What impresses me most is how frequently this team will get to the net front and actually score there. Can't remember the last time a Maine team did that with any real consistency.

Those are big reasons why this team is surging, and that isn't even counting the elite play from Swayman which shouldn't be overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                    Ok so can someone tell me why I have to enter my id and password every time I log in to uscho on my iPhone? Yes I check the box
                    Because you are an old man and can't run an Iphone?
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Ok, then go ahead and flip all three. Thanks in advance.
                      If only it were that easy.

Comment

It looks like Maine will finish the night at 13 in the pairwise. Thank you Pedo State, Brown and UMass. If BU wins the Crockpot on Monday night it will lift Maine to 12.

Right now I have Maine as the 4 seed in Albany playing Cornell, with UMass and Clarkson in the other game.

Comment

It looks like Maine will finish the night at 13 in the pairwise. Thank you Pedo State, Brown and UMass. If BU wins the Crockpot on Monday night it will lift Maine to 12.

Right now I have Maine as the 4 seed in Albany playing Cornell, with UMass and Clarkson in the other game.
                          Isn’t that pretty close to the group in 2007?
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Isn’t that pretty close to the group in 2007?
                            Yep. Replace Cornell with St Cloud and it'd be exactly the same.

Comment

Just keep winning, the season is far from over when seeding for the NCAAs comes into play.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Just keep winning, the season is far from over when seeding for the NCAAs comes into play.
                                Yes indeed...keep winning and whatever happens will be gravy...just playing and winning hockey is a start. As quickly as they have positioned themselves they can also see it go down with a bunch of losses.

Comment

Working...
                                X