This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

I effing hate it when kids from Maine get jacked up to play UMaine.......and then beat them.

Comment

thats what you call CHOKING HARD!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tony potter View Post
        thats what you call CHOKING HARD!!!!!!
        Seriously. That was EPIC Red Gendron. I guess that UConn needed the win more than Maine did.

Comment

Bad loss. The pathetic first period set the stage.

Comment

Twice in 12 games over six seasons.
            Maine has never won the season series against UConn in Hockey East.
            Maine falls to sixth in Hockey East, with Northeastern (2) and Providence (1) a single point behind with games in hand.
            Maine is also a single point ahead of ninth place UNH.
            Despite everything lining up perfectly for Maine the Black Bears will fall out of the top 15 in the pairwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
              Seriously. That was EPIC Red Gendron. I guess that UConn needed the win more than Maine did.
              Maine looked slow, sloppy, and unprepared.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                Maine looked slow, sloppy, and unprepared.
                They looked so Red Gendrony.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Twice in 12 games over six seasons.
                  Maine has never won the season series against UConn in Hockey East.
                  Maine falls to sixth in Hockey East, with Northeastern (2) and Providence (1) a single point behind with games in hand.
                  Maine is also a single point ahead of ninth place UNH.
                  Despite everything lining up perfectly for Maine the Black Bears will fall out of the top 15 in the pairwise.
                  I finally got my head around dealing with with Red getting another unwarranted extension via a Maine NCAA appearance. I was actually rooting for it, because my mortality says "why not, at this stage of the game?"

Right now, there's a reality-check yet again. Red's recruits scored the usual 2 goals tonight, and will drop like a stone in the PW.

The KRACH had Maine at #23 before the puck dropped tonight, and they looked exactly like a 23.

Comment

They just didn't want it bad enough. Just out there playing a hockey game no indication of the importance.
                    I guess they are happy with last week and call it a season.
                    Fire Red!

Cav has been under criticism all season, he's got that team playing pretty good.
                    Last edited by NorthMike; 02-14-2020, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I can't recall the last time I saw a team with such a wide discrepancy between them playing well and playing poorly. Good Maine can go up against anyone and stand a good shot at winning, I really do believe that. But Bad Maine like we saw tonight dosen't stand a chance against anybody. If they play like they did tonight against Vermont next weekend they will probably serve up the Catamounts their first Hockey East W.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                        They just didn't want it bad enough. Just out there playing a hockey game no indication of the importance.
                        I guess they are happy with last week and call it a season.
                        Fire Red!

Cav has been under criticism all season, he's got that team playing pretty good.
                        Consider the source of the criticism. Cav does have them playing well. Really well.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          .........If they play like they did tonight against Vermont next weekend they will probably serve up the Catamounts their first Hockey East W.
                          With Providence tying Vermont tonight, a loss against the Catamounts next weekend would not be surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            With Providence tying Vermont tonight, a loss against the Catamounts next weekend would not be surprising.
                            Would anything surprise you via a Red team?

Same old. He wouldn't know a scorer if he bumped into him on the street.

Comment

Embarrassing. Nothing else to say besides that

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Would anything surprise you via a Red team?

Same old. He wouldn't know a scorer if he bumped into him on the street.
                                Looks like another Red season, fighting for that coveted 8th HE playoff seat. There was a glimmer of hope for better.
                                Finishing out the season with 1 or 3 wins out of 6 looks more realistic. Too bad really, there was some heightened local interest in the hockey team lately. More than I have seen in years.
                                Last edited by NorthMike; 02-15-2020, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X