This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
    I just checked the box score and it was a game misconduct.
    It was contact to the head. HEA will review it but most likely he will be ok for next game. Unless it was really aggressive, I don’t think they will suspend anyone heading to playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Had Maine swept UC and UVM they would be in first place and have clinched a playoff spot, with home ice virtually assured. Instead they gave away three points and are now squarely in the middle of the pack.

Maine can still get home ice but it'll be much more difficult.
      Five points*
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Five points*
        Five? They lost to UConn and tied Vermont.

Oh, you're including the Game @UConn. Yes, that was very winnable. I was just referring to the last two weekends at home.

As nice as this season has been the multitude of wasted wins will haunt this team.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Providence is "reeling" . One would think Maine is playing two games against them at the right time. However, Maine's record against Providence is not good. Hard for me to go against a Leaman team.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
            Providence is "reeling" . One would think Maine is playing two games against them at the right time. However, Maine's record against Providence is not good. Hard for me to go against a Leaman team.
            Agree....whats Maine's record against the fryers in the past 10 years.? Cant be good.
            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
              Agree....whats Maine's record against the fryers in the past 10 years.? Cant be good.
              Red has 1 win against PC
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                1-16 under Red. I believe the losing streak reached a record 17 games before last year's win. I don't have the records handy, but I think Whitehead was competitive with Providence. It has been since 2012 that PC has dominated the series.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  As nice as this season has been the multitude of wasted wins will haunt all Hockey East teams.
                  fyp

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    fyp
                    Not BC

Comment

If Maine loses at Alfond Arena against Providence it will be Maine's first loss of the year at home. Obviously, a very good home record but with the losses on the road it just doesn't seem like Maine is as good as their standing indicates. Actually, I guess you could say that about most HE teams this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                        If Maine loses at Alfond Arena against Providence it will be Maine's first loss of the year at home.
                        Ahem. UConn.

Comment

Bottom line, Home ice would be a big plus for this team...another thing is no matter where Maine and UConn place in the standings, the way both have played and with both having solid goaltending...it would not be a surprise that one of these teams make it to Boston. Both will be a hard play in the quarterfinals.

Comment

Starting to hear whispers that Red is retiring at the end of this season.

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                              That would be OK by me
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
                                I'll send him a nice card.

Comment

Working...
                                X