This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

The NCHC has closed all quarterfinal series to fans.
    Yale has bowed out of the ECAC playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
      Wonder if you were here when we had to deal with BC/BU posters like Chris(and aliases). Sure could have used your late night postings back then. LOL
      He was Bobo and Chris!!! what a hoot that was
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        He was Bobo and Chris!!! what a hoot that was
        Bobo, another name from the past on here. They were all so jealous of what we had up here and so hated S.W.
        And you, sir, was a fixture at your SRO post pre VIP box days.........
        $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
        Just win.....

Comment

I would imagine the teams are enroute this morning, Conn to Alfond and Maine women to L.I. Decisions need to be made in the next couple of hours regarding play. Almost too late to cancel.
          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
          Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
            I would imagine the teams are enroute this morning, Conn to Alfond and Maine women to L.I. Decisions need to be made in the next couple of hours regarding play. Almost too late to cancel.
            Technically the NBA game was canceled minutes before tip but yes, I would expect some official word any time now.

The Australian Grand Prix is still scheduled but one of the teams backed out this morning when one of them tested positive for the virus. I'd expect that to be canceled as well.

Hope you have Netflix or Disney+ because live sports, music and movies are done for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Been a while Wayup, but I remember you too.

(Thanks for your support, but I don't have my feelings hurt by Blacked-out's drunken gibberish. Pretty sure that none of us pay much attention to him when he's on a bender, and he's usually on a bender.)

One thing about this year that I appreciate very much is that some of you guys have come back to say hello. That's been fun. Be well and GO BLUE!
              A true indication the team is actually relevant this year. Too bad it will all probably go for nothing in the end.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                A true indication the team is actually relevant this year. Too bad it will all probably go for nothing in the end.
                My worry is that the window make a run seems short, especially if Swayman does indeed leave.

Hard to expect Theissen or someone else to fill those immense skates next season.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                  My worry is that the window make a run seems short, especially if Swayman does indeed leave.

Hard to expect Theissen or someone else to fill those immense skates next season.
                  Yes there is no way to that any player can come in and be "Swayman", but at the same time that's what's great about college hockey...every season players leave and come in...teams build on seasons and teams rebuild/reboot...but I have faith that Theissen and with incoming goaltender Victor Ostman can at least give the Black Bear faithful hope for next season and on...will there be bumps...I would bet on it...but then THAT's Hockey..! The task at hand now is this season and what happens in the sports world of Covid-19....I would assume they play the games this weekend without fans in attendance. Sadly would be nice to watch the team at the rink but that's life....we can all feel somewhat better that this team has surprised most to all of us...would be nice to see a series win for Maine...but then if not, this season has been better then expected. Myself it was a pleasure to watch Swayman this season and the two seasons before...he did his job on the ice and for the team...I strongly think he should be in the running for Hockey East Player of the Year.

Comment

Looking at the HE tourney schedule page, as of now it looks like only a possible 3rd game would be televised.(NESN+) Do I read that right? If they do go the no fans allowed route at the Alfond, lets hope local Fox does a TV broadcast.
                    Just win.....

Comment

CBS All Access looks like the only sure thing right now.
                      Just win.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayuphere View Post
                        CBS All Access looks like the only sure thing right now.
                        Have to drive subscriptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Have to drive subscriptions.
                          Thought the league was making the stream free when fans are barred. Thought i read that in the lowell amherst release

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                            Thought the league was making the stream free when fans are barred. Thought i read that in the lowell amherst release
                            I read that as well, that Hockey East is working to get the stream out from behind the paywall for games with no fans allowed. Has anyone heard any attendance news from UMaine? Sounds like as of now the game is still on as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                              I read that as well, that Hockey East is working to get the stream out from behind the paywall for games with no fans allowed. Has anyone heard any attendance news from UMaine? Sounds like as of now the game is still on as planned.
                              Hearing from pretty good sources that this weekend's games at the Alfond will be played without spectators. Expecting a press release later today to make it official.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                                That's a pleasant surprise.

The Women's Basketball Team sent a message that their game is on but the press release makes no mention of the virus or the elimination of the crowd. It also contradicts itself by saying you can watch Friday's game on ESPNU if you can't make it to the game on Sunday. Go figure.
                                https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/3/11/womens-basketball-maine-goes-for-10th-league-title-friday-at-stony-brook.aspx

Comment

Working...
                                X