This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Including this season looks like Red is 2-7-3 against UConn. How do you explain that? I doubt any of us are shocked by another loss, it is a let down. Lose tonight and season is over
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Including this season looks like Red is 2-7-3 against UConn. How do you explain that? I doubt any of us are shocked by another loss, it is a let down. Lose tonight and season is over
      It's hard to compete with a team with so many Hockey East championships and is a Frozen Four contender every season.

Comment

Is Red locked in for another 2 or 3 years?

Comment

Originally posted by umhockey91 View Post
          Is Red locked in for another 2 or 3 years?
          At least publically, he is signed for one more year. He and the AD are buddies from the days when they were both in the state of New Hampshire together.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            It's hard to compete with a team with so many Hockey East championships and is a Frozen Four contender every season.
            Must be as their overall records are pretty close to the same yet Red is owned by Cav
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Must be as their overall records are pretty close to the same yet Red is owned by Cav
              Word is that several of the players have the flu.

Dawe was obviously not well.

Comment

Originally posted by dogtagger View Post
                Word is that several of the players have the flu.
                A rare strain that lasts several years.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  a rare strain that lasts several years.
                  lol.

Comment

I'm not an expert when it comes to the Pairwise system, but my guess would be that a win tonight is absolutely necessary to have a chance at a tournament bid. Would four wins (UC, VT, VT & PC) in the next five games and a first-round playoff series victory get them in or is that being too optimistic? Are their tournament hopes now contingent on an at-large bid?

On the other end of the spectrum, a loss tonight could open up the possibility of a catastrophic ending to the season with a ninth-place finish in HE.

Seems like tonight is shaping up to be super important if the Black Bears want any shot of playing deeper into the season.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBlue51 View Post
                      I'm not an expert when it comes to the Pairwise system, but my guess would be that a win tonight is absolutely necessary to have a chance at a tournament bid. Would four wins (UC, VT, VT & PC) in the next five games and a first-round playoff series victory get them in or is that being too optimistic? Are their tournament hopes now contingent on an at-large bid?

On the other end of the spectrum, a loss tonight could open up the possibility of a catastrophic ending to the season with a ninth-place finish in HE.

Seems like tonight is shaping up to be super important if the Black Bears want any shot of playing deeper into the season.
                      A win tonight could propel the team back into the tournament - as high as 12.

A loss tonight would certainly complicate matters on the pairwise front, but there is so much mediocrity at the 12-20 spots that Maine could still sneak into the tournament. They would need to sweep UVM, win the home game vs Providence then the QF of Hockey East and hope teams like Quinnipiac, Bemidji, Ohio State suffer early losses in their conferences. A QF pairing (and sweep) with Lowell would be ideal for the Black Bears, as they would pick up huge wins for pairwise and simultaneously eliminate a competitor for a national tournament spot. Just win tonight and it all becomes easier.

Comment

Maine could win tonight and be as high as second in Hockey East or lose and be as low as ninth.

Comment

• The lady blackbears won in OT against BC.

https://twitter.com/blackbearswih/status/1228792302493003776?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            At least publically, he is signed for one more year. He and the AD are buddies from the days when they were both in the state of New Hampshire together.
                            Has a one year ext. been announced? Have not seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                              Has a one year ext. been announced? Have not seen it.
                              His contract was extended a couple of years ago. The current contract expires sometime after the 2020-2021 season. I haven't seen or heard of any contract extension beyond the 2020-2021 season. I suppose it's possible an extension was granted and was not announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                His contract was extended a couple of years ago. The current contract expires sometime after the 2020-2021 season. I haven't seen or heard of any contract extension beyond the 2020-2021 season. I suppose it's possible an extension was granted and was not announced.
                                Oh right, musta misread your post.

Comment

Working...
                                X