X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
    Having watched both, to me it's hard to say who was a better college goalie. If Jimmy stayed one more year they would have had a legit chance at a national championship. He had a solid team in front.

Jeremy sure got better this year. Prior years he let some soft goals in on occasion, not so much now. He's stopped alot of break aways. Another great goalie. Hope his pro career pans out, I'm sure it will.
    I remember a regional one year, cant remember which one but Maine and Jimmy were playing the Gophs . Howard was just frustrating them all night...and Minnie was talented. They did eventually win with a feed from behind the net to out front with a slapper that Jimmy had zero chance on, it happened that fast. He was so good. First time I saw Jimmy play at Alfond as a freshman, first game of the year, I was jaw dropping at some of his saves.
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Is Jeremy Swayman the best we've ever seen at Maine? Let's look at the numbers

Code:
      Games	Minutes	Saves	Shots	SV %	GA	GAA	Win	Loss	Tie 	Win %
      31	1812	960	1042	0.921	82	2.72	15	12	3	0.550
      35	2034.68	1071	1165	0.919	94	2.77	14	17	4	0.457
      34	2060.08	1099	1170	0.939	71	2.07	18	11	5	0.603
      100	5906.76	3130	3377	0.927	247	2.51	47	40	12	0.535
      Among Maine goaltenders for his career he is #1 in Minutes and Saves (by a large margin), #2 in Save %, #3 in Games played and #4 in GAA.
      For season by season he is even more impressive. He has the #1, #2 and #3 seasons ever by a Black Bear netminder in saves. The old record was Martin Ouellette's 926 saves in 2013-14. His .939 is the second best save percentage ever behind only Jimmy Howard's .956 in 2003-4. His 2018-19 and 2019-20 campaigns were good for #4 and #5 in minutes and #5 in GAA. He played the 5th most games ever in 2018-19, which he would have surpassed this season.

These are the numbers for the top goaltenders in Maine history (sorted by save %)

Code:
      Player	Games	Minutes	Saves	Sv %	GAA	Wins
      Howard	82	4823	1995	0.931	1.84	47
      Swayman	100	5907	3130	0.927	2.51	47
      Bishop	99	5667	2399	0.912	2.29	54
      King	110	5792	2463	0.892	3.10	66
      Michaud	98	5455	2095	0.891	2.80	60
      Allison	103	5789	2213			62
      I was unable to track down the career save % and GAA numbers for Blair Allison.
      Blair Allison's career GAA is 2.98 (per 2012/13 media guide) and based off his career minutes played and saves totals his career SV% looks to be .884

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
        Blair Allison's career GAA is 2.98 (per 2012/13 media guide) and based off his career minutes played and saves totals his career SV% looks to be .884
        Thank you!

Comment

For you fellow Mainers. Have you seen on local news channels the head of the Maine CDC (doing a good job I'd say on updates and info) but, I swear its Mr Bean.
          $90(more) for a drink holding ledge and a Maine blanket, but the views still great.
          Just win.....

Comment

Apparently Sway will be awarded the Walter Brown award
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

A couple of messages from the team

The Captains
              The team

Comment

Comment

Swayman is in fact the Walter Brown Award winner.

https://goblackbears.com/news/2020/3...rd-winner.aspx

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    Chances are slim to none but if Maine holds onto Swayman, Doherty and Tralmaks, they’ll be force next year. Fossier leaves impossible shoes to fill but it sounds like a decent recruiting class coming in. Reasonable strides by the second line, Dawe JSS and poisson would put Maine in a good spot considering they don’t lose anything on defense. I don’t see it happening and wouldn’t be surprised to lose all three but food for thought

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
                      Chances are slim to none but if Maine holds onto Swayman, Doherty and Tralmaks, they’ll be force next year. Fossier leaves impossible shoes to fill but it sounds like a decent recruiting class coming in. Reasonable strides by the second line, Dawe JSS and poisson would put Maine in a good spot considering they don’t lose anything on defense. I don’t see it happening and wouldn’t be surprised to lose all three but food for thought
                      Corona virus has thrown everyone for a loop....nothing is set in stone at this point. Might benefit Maine....we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        If Tim transfers as a grad student then he doesn't have to sit a year? I'm thinking this is only the case with grad transfer students?
                        Too bad if he changes schools, he has been good for the team and a great community member with his work with kids.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                          If Tim transfers as a grad student then he doesn't have to sit a year? I'm thinking this is only the case with grad transfer students?
                          Too bad if he changes schools, he has been good for the team and a great community member with his work with kids.
                          Correct.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBearFan19 View Post
                            Hard to say, but I would assume that all 3 leave...will be interesting to see what the goaltending will amount to with young unproven netminders in Theissen and incoming recruit Ostman...minus Fossier will hurt...team on paper looks to "again" lack scoring and a proven sniper...the defense may well be solid to good/not great...and the biggie...Coaching, does Gendron return for his last hurrah(last year on present deal)...or do we get sentenced to another contract extension? But then that's what its always about...each and every year is different. That's Hockey. Stay Healthy all, and the best medicine is fanning the flame on Maine Hockey talk

Comment

Swayman just signed with the Bruins. Good Luck and thanks for the memories. We will be watching your progress and can't wait till we see you play in the Garden
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Swayman just signed with the Bruins. Good Luck and thanks for the memories. We will be watching your progress and can't wait till we see you play in the Garden
                                Can't wait to watch him tear it up in the NHL. Very much enjoyed the collegiate excellence we've watched from him over the last three years.

Comment

Working...
                                X