X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    And now either the off season begins, or will there be a NCAA Tourney..? I would assume NO.
    And now back to your regularly scheduled thread, "The Hunt for Red's Replacement."

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      And now back to your regularly scheduled thread, "The Hunt for Red's Replacement."
      The Reds only chance to shine at UMO, thwarted by a bug
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

At present, the NCAA has not canceled any national tournaments, but that could change momentarily.

With the conference tournaments being shuttered, that means the current pairwise would be used.

My bracket:
        Code:
        Worcester	Albany		Allentown	Loveland
        No Dakota	Cornell		Mankato		Duluth
        Mass		Boston C	Penn State	Denver
        Clarkson	Ohio State	Lowell		Bemidji
        AIC		Michigan	Maine        	Arizona State
        I swapped Lowell and Ohio State because of conference conflicts. I would swap Maine and Michigan for attendance, but that is no longer a concern.

ETA: Aaaaand...it just happened. The NCAA canceled all winter and spring tournaments.
        Last edited by ticapnews; 03-12-2020, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
          The Reds only chance to shine at UMO, thwarted by a bug
          Well good season for Red and the team.
          Ok I'll say it - I'd give Red another year to see what he can do next year. Last year of the contract anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
            Ok I'll say it - I'd give Red another year to see what he can do next year. Last year of the contract anyway.
            Yeah sure. Only right to let him finish up and then we kick him to the curb faster than Whitehead. Next !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
              It's was a perfect PW storm following the BC weekend.

But this team isn't better than its #23 KRACH rating, IMO.

I wouldn't give Red another second. He's a proven failure.

No offense intended, but he most certainly doesn't warrant an extension.
              Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-12-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                It's was a perfect PW storm following the BC weekend.

But this team isn't better than its #23 KRACH rating, IMO.

I wouldn't give Red another second. He's a proven failure.

No offense intended, but he most certainly doesn't warrant an extension.
                This team offense and D was middle of the pack like you mention. There were a few bright spots ie Fossier, a few of the D have potential to pan out well.
                The team had chemistry, Swayman, and when they put forth the effort they could get after anyone.
                For that I give Red credit. He has one more year where at this point I wouldn't give him an extension either. Just see how next season goes. Replacement is inevitable eventually.

Comment

Unless Gendron resigns when the season is Official over, then hang on he will be back for another season....but lets hope that next season is it, no extensions...just good-bye and go retire some-where's…………….

Comment

Actually I feel a bit bad for Red....not too bad, but a little . By all accounts a good guy who worked hard trying to Make Maine Great Again. His first best shot at it and then this.........

Comment

Is there a world where Maine hires a coach in waiting as lead assistant and gives Red a farewell year?

Comment

I wonder how Corona is going to affect Red. He did just lose what will almost undoubtedly be his best chance at an actual postseason run, which should hurt him. But, he can say with reasonable doubt "who knows how far I could have taken the team in 2020."

Comment

I don't know what Red's future will be and I'm not going to speculate. I was almost ready to put up my annual post mortem on the season and a look at all seven seasons but life has gotten in the way so it will still be a while. I'll give a preview though and say while Swayman has been the star we shouldn't overlook Fossier. His 42 points are the most by a Maine player in the Gendron Era except the 43 scored by Devin Shore. I haven't completed the stats yet, but that PK number is also impressive.

There's a lot to like about this team beyond the unworldly performance of Jeremy Swayman.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            I don't know what Red's future will be and I'm not going to speculate. I was almost ready to put up my annual post mortem on the season and a look at all seven seasons but life has gotten in the way so it will still be a while. I'll give a preview though and say while Swayman has been the star we shouldn't overlook Fossier. His 42 points are the most by a Maine player in the Gendron Era except the 43 scored by Devin Shore. I haven't completed the stats yet, but that PK number is also impressive.

There's a lot to like about this team beyond the unworldly performance of Jeremy Swayman.
                            Yes, but this team is no-where's without Swayman...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                              Yes, but this team is no-where's without Swayman...
                              Agreed. He gets the lion's share of the praise because he has earned it. He might be the best goalie we've seen at Maine, and given our history that's no small feat. I'm just saying there are other people who deserve some attention too.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
                                Is there a world where Maine hires a coach in waiting as lead assistant and gives Red a farewell year?
                                That would be most sensible. But things have been so upside down over the past 10 years with AD's (10 is just a random number). Stranger things!

Comment

Working...
                                X