This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2020: The Hunt For Red October

A few games went sideways so Maine will finish the night 18th in the pairwise. UMA scored two late to defeat Lowell so Maine will be 3rd in Hockey East. The only way Maine can finish behind Providence now is to lose both remaining games so both have 25 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      A few games went sideways so Maine will finish the night 18th in the pairwise. UMA scored two late to defeat Lowell so Maine will be 3rd in Hockey East. The only way Maine can finish behind Providence now is to lose both remaining games so both have 25 points.
      PC is playing their worst hockey in 7 years. Enjoy.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
        PC is playing their worst hockey in 7 years. Enjoy.
        The Resistible Force meets the Movable Object.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
          He doesn't exist, just a bot. Chill.
          Have they developed the technology to make drunken/unintelligible bots?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
            wow, Merrimack swept Providence. UConn beat BU.
            Providence is officially reeling. Hopefully Maine can take advantage.

Comment

The last 5 minute major committed by Butala put him out of the game. I thought I heard the announcer at Alfond say that it was a game disqualification. Was that reported on Nesn as well? If so he won't play the next game against Providence.

Comment

Team Points Maximum Wins Range
                BC 28 36 14 1-6
                UMA 26 32 12 1-8
                ME 25 29 11 1-9
                UC 24 30 11 1-9
                UML 24 30 10 1-9
                BU 23 29 9 1-9
                NU 21 29 10 1-9
                PC 21 25 9 4-9
                UNH 19 27 9 3-9

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                  The last 5 minute major committed by Butala put him out of the game. I thought I heard the announcer at Alfond say that it was a game disqualification. Was that reported on Nesn as well? If so he won't play the next game against Providence.
                  I just checked the box score and it was a game misconduct.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Team Points Maximum Wins Range
                    BC 28 36 14 1-6
                    UMA 26 32 12 1-8
                    ME 25 29 11 1-9
                    UC 24 30 11 1-9
                    UML 24 30 10 1-9
                    BU 23 29 9 1-9
                    NU 21 29 10 1-9
                    PC 21 25 9 4-9
                    UNH 19 27 9 3-9
                    So, Maine has a shot.

I'd go to Albany or Worcester to see that, even if the AD gives Red a lifetime extension just for getting a sniff.

That's how bad things have gotten.

Comment

I just checked the box score and it was a game misconduct.
                      Thats too bad, he deserves a seat for a game. Anyone ever remember a player taking 2 majors in one game? Especially when a fight wasnt involved?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I went to my second and final game of the season last night. Very good attendance at around 4900. Raucous fans and student section pregame. That was the most excitement the entire evening. Maine's passing was off the mark and when the puck was there it was mishandled. Vermont doesn't have any highly skilled players and neither does Maine in my opinion. Hard to believe Maine scored 6 goals the night before. Both teams play good defense in front of good goal tending. Swayman met his match last night in Lekkas.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Thats too bad, he deserves a seat for a game. Anyone ever remember a player taking 2 majors in one game? Especially when a fight wasnt involved?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          I don't remember either Joey Diamond or Preston Ryan achieving that.

Comment

I went to my second and final game of the season last night. Very good attendance at around 4900. Raucous fans and student section pregame. That was the most excitement the entire evening. Maine's passing was off the mark and when the puck was there it was mishandled. Vermont doesn't have any highly skilled players and neither does Maine in my opinion. Hard to believe Maine scored 6 goals the night before. Both teams play good defense in front of good goal tending. Swayman met his match last night in Lekkas.
                            I agree, the passing stopped so many rushes its unreal, behind the player all night. Vermont clogged the neutral zone, all 5 guys, waiting for a mistake and got some odd man rushes out of it. Swayman made the saves though. Other than the goalies wasn't a whole lot of skill displayed
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                              So, Maine has a shot.

I'd go to Albany or Worcester to see that, even if the AD gives Red a lifetime extension just for getting a sniff.

That's how bad things have gotten.
                              Had Maine swept UC and UVM they would be in first place and have clinched a playoff spot, with home ice virtually assured. Instead they gave away three points and are now squarely in the middle of the pack.

Maine can still get home ice but it'll be much more difficult.

Comment

I watched almost the entire game last night and came away unimpressed. Didnt see much talent on either team. Hard to imagine these guys will do much of anything in the post season. Just dont have that one guy that can take over a game if needed, other than possibly Swayman......but he is the one you want most to do that job if anyone, so who knows.

I mean there really is no good reason to sugar coat their chances.
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X